Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 12-21-2008, 03:13 PM   #15
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
I'm so torn recently. Whether I really absolutely need a Camaro SS, or if it would just be fiscally smarter for me to go with the Cobalt SS/TC or GXP Solstice. The problem is that I hate front wheel drive (my current Cobalt is my first, and hopefully last, experience with that) and I hate convertibles. The upcoming hardtop version should solve that one though, but a new one would be nearly as much as a new Camaro. Plus, as much as I love those two cars, I have been in both and they just don't seem nearly as well put together as the Camaro. Then again, after driving an 01 WS6, I severely need V8 rear wheel drive performance again. So torn...
That's exactly how I feel too! You can make a FWD car as fast and nimble as you want, but there is still an inherent problem with FWD. And the Solstice and Cobalt SS just don't offer the level of refinement and quality the Camaro does.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 03:11 PM   #16
MrIcky

Drives: Dodge Ram Megacab & Cobalt SS
Well it came down to a practical financial decision for me- but I gotta say- I LOVE my Cobalt SS. And I'm secretly putting away money so my wife won't kill me when i get the upgrade.

A combination of reduced work benefits and watching all my retirement stock go in the crapper made a 21,500 car much much more attractive than a 28000+ vehicle. Turns out I'm pleasantly surprised-gotta lot more than I bargained for.
MrIcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:39 PM   #17
10redrocket

Drives: 2SS Camaro LS3
I had 2 CobaltSS's, that's how much I enjoyed driving this car.
I had an 05 & 07. The 07 did have slightly better quality and the
new ones are even better.
Yes it is a Cobalt, understand this when you buy the car and all
is well.
No problems with either except the boy totalled the 07.
Hit a Mazda 3 at 110 and walked away.

Wickedly Fun To Drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Past Rides: 69 Camaro RS Small Block
67 Chevelle SS Big Block
05 Cobalt SS Supercharged
07 Cobalt SS Supercharged
10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Soon: 18 Camaro 2SS 1LE
10redrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM   #18
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
I am definatly getting this when it comes out then i'm gonna bolt it up imo they shoulda just let the car learn the boltons stock cause it would've boosted the aftermarket from the getgo but now that the aftermarket companies have heard about this they've been on their game.
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:49 PM   #19
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I typed the wrong number. It scored 8:22. As we all know, the Camaro crossed the line at 8:20.
Good lord you really had me wondering on that one. I thought the world had ended. Whew!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:53 PM   #20
MCPOAJ

Drives: LS2 FD RX7
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Good lord you really had me wondering on that one. I thought the world had ended. Whew!
lol why cause a cobalt would've stuck with the zr1 haha maybe it was a factory freak
MCPOAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 01:55 PM   #21
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
it's nice & all that the Cobalt can do that... props to the guys responsible for it. i, however, will never buy one - especially over a Camaro. not only do i hate the body style of the Cobalt, but i really don't like driving FWD cars. something about it just feels awkward. when i do get my Camaro, i'd love to run the two against each other just to see the outcome, though.
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #22
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
the big gains come from dialing up boost
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #23
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgie View Post
the big gains come from dialing up boost
I'm pretty sure Hahn Racecraft has already gotten 12's from their TC without even touching the boost. It's going to be insane when they start tinkering with that though.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmpp, lnf