Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-30-2011, 07:44 AM   #99
PNYSLAR
Summit White 2012 ZL1 M6

Drives: 2010 BLACK 2SS/RS M6 Delvd 8/24/9
Quote:
Originally Posted by spratleyea View Post
OMG...That thing looks stupid fast... Good by my 2SS, hello White ZL1.
keeping the 2SS and adding the white ZL1
PNYSLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:00 AM   #100
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Palette is the same....parts from the parts bin were used to upgrade it to handle the projected power that will be provided. GM engineering has shown us that on all products. Thus if you modify a zl1 you can expect to take the same "stock" parts off and replace with aftermarket that are better matched to the new power levels. For example. if you decide to move up from a small blower to a larger then how is that palette any better than a SS palette? What makes you think the zl1 will not require a new fuel delivery if you up the power. Granted the zl1 rear end at least on the surface looks like it may not need upgraded to move up in power and torque which is a huge plus. Look into the stock internals in the projected zl1 motor and you will find that you will be doing a new rotating assembly just like the SS's Still running thru the exact same TR6060 so that weak point is already known. So I guess what I am saying is that the same performance levels can be achieved in a zl1 for 75K vs SS at 60K. But I do like the hood, splitter and facia.. Oh and if i did not already have a Camaro and was in the market.. I would by a ZL1 in a heartbeat!
This car is more than just about the motor. But good luck with your SS.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:16 AM   #101
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Ah, mon ami but does Zee El One not sound, how you say, French, yes no?
LOL DGthe3, Bon mot, n'est-ce-pas? Oui...oui..!!!...
Old 07-30-2011, 08:25 AM   #102
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
As a Camaro Enthusiast for 45 years now I can say this. The Camaro has and always will be about the motor. Camaro and overall performance go hand and hand. Like I said the zl1 has really addressed some issues and the engineers have made great strides with such items as the new rear end, Downforce, and street handling. But my guess is that Brakes wont hold up longer than 20 min on a road course and suspension mods will be needed for Drag racing. If you are wanting a performance luxury model it is called CTS V. The zl1 is clearly going to be the flagship of the Camaro line up but it is another segment car meant to appeal to limited group of buyers. My question is why not just throw the ls9 into it and take it to the factory limits from the get go. Its going to take all the HP and torque you can give it to get the 4200 lbs moving. As Bob Lutz would always say.. WHY?
They have the parts bins....They have the resources....Why let the zl1 be anything but the very very top of the line in ALL catigories.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:50 AM   #103
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
As a Camaro Enthusiast for 45 years now I can say this. The Camaro has and always will be about the motor. Camaro and overall performance go hand and hand. Like I said the zl1 has really addressed some issues and the engineers have made great strides with such items as the new rear end, Downforce, and street handling. But my guess is that Brakes wont hold up longer than 20 min on a road course and suspension mods will be needed for Drag racing. If you are wanting a performance luxury model it is called CTS V. The zl1 is clearly going to be the flagship of the Camaro line up but it is another segment car meant to appeal to limited group of buyers. My question is why not just throw the ls9 into it and take it to the factory limits from the get go. Its going to take all the HP and torque you can give it to get the 4200 lbs moving. As Bob Lutz would always say.. WHY?
They have the parts bins....They have the resources....Why let the zl1 be anything but the very very top of the line in ALL catigories.
In a nutshell, I've been a Camaro guy like you since the beginning. I disagree that they are just about the motor, but agree they are about overall performance. Thats what the ZL1 is about, overall performance across all catagories, with refinements. Never before have we had so much performance engineered into a Camaro. If we need more, we can always do mod's to it like you have listed across the bottom of your signature line. Then, it will be exactly what we want it. We have discussed LS9's, LS7's, Z-28, FE4, Pedders upgrades, coilovers...whatever you name it in any comination from A to Z already throughout many forums on Camaro5. There are still several years left for the Gen5 body, DI is coming and the LS family will move into the history books with it I surmise. Maybe we will get a LS9 powered option with a different performance package at the end of the Gen5 run, who knows. However I think Chevy has a brand uniqueness in mind between Corvette and Camaro where there is a distinction and seperation intentionaly designed into the product as far as power plants are concerned and pricing has alot to do with it. Heck, get a crate LS9 from Chevy Performance products and plug one in yourself. That would be awesome!.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:20 AM   #104
camaro1185

Drives: 1988 Iroc 350, G92, 3.45's
Send a message via AIM to camaro1185
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonZ28 View Post
Did anyone else miss the poorly put-together foglight trim? i highly doubt its supposed to be hanging out of the car like somesort of flap

Good catch.
- 350 TPI
- T56
- 3.45 9bolt
- UMI EVERYTHING!
- Eibach Pro-Kit
- Tokico Illumina Shocks
- LS1 Brakes
camaro1185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #105
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Awesome car!

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 AM   #106
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Maro Demon View Post
As featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE.

I don't know if anyone has posted this video yet I never had seen it.
Makes me want a ZL1 soooooooooooooooooooooo bad!
makes me love what i have an improve on it to spank the zl owner who dares over step his line me
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #107
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSNIGHTMARE View Post
can we never use the term "zed" l1 ever again
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:34 AM   #108
Rambo220

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT w/ RS package
Man, this is a beautiful car. Mean, but beautiful.
Rambo220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 10:44 AM   #109
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
makes me love what i have an improve on it to spank the zl owner who dares over step his line me
.....hmmmmm, grammar D-, originality C-, re-do....LOL.....
Old 07-30-2011, 11:07 AM   #110
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNYSLAR View Post
keeping the 2SS and adding the white ZL1
Thanks but my last name is not Rockefeller.
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #111
spratleyea
Graphic artist

Drives: 2010 wht w/silver ralley stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
Sir I hear what you are saying, but did you see and hear that thing?
spratleyea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 11:19 AM   #112
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
1/3 of the ZL1 has been redesigned compared to a SS..... Impressive!
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote