Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #71
Gizz69
Tony

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Blk/Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaynard View Post
Now, you do have the right to appeal the verdict to a higher court where state law will be interperted and your fine thrown out, but chances are you will incur legal fees as you probably will not be able to represent yourself at this level.
You have the right to represent yourself in any court in this country.
Old 02-16-2012, 01:10 AM   #72
jmaynard

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizz69 View Post
You have the right to represent yourself in any court in this country.
Yes, but there is some truth to the phrase "A fool who represents himself has a fool for a client".

Beating this kind of legal challange would not be for the faint of heart. Even IF you do win, a lot of time is involved. I would suggest that with a simi-solid case the best would be court costs and a dismissal from the DA.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:42 AM   #73
wholloway6

Drives: 2012 2LT RS M6
Yeah.... After thinking about it for a while, I gave up and just paid the stupid fine. Saved much time/money in the long run I am sure. 85 bucks here in Houston...
Old 02-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #74
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholloway6 View Post
Yeah.... After thinking about it for a while, I gave up and just paid the stupid fine. Saved much time/money in the long run I am sure. 85 bucks here in Houston...
"Saved much time/money".......

I understand...

guess that leaves ratroddave...are you still set to go to trial next week?

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
Old 02-16-2012, 12:48 PM   #75
TattooLost
Tattooed Weirdo

Drives: 2014 Deep Magenta Metallic 2SS/RS
Tempted to take mine off in a bit when I go out and attempt to install my scanner (and possibly my Boss Hog bull horns.) Muhahahaha!

Might be a bit too much attention drawing to the front of the car though to NOT have the front plate.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:35 PM   #76
Vanchevy

Drives: 2011 2ss
Yes I will be there and my attorney say there is no worries about this . I am just doing this to prove a point. I think that if there is a mistake by the state why should I have to pay for it. And there is no way that this is fair, Why pay the 200 fine if there is no law there. Are pay the 10 for the administration fees for something that is not even a crime!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #77
jpizzle007

Drives: .
Know someone that just got a ticket for no front plates last weekend. There is still enforcement of this. Good luck wasting your time.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #78
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
They better get rid of the plate before I win the lotto. Don't want a front plate on my Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:03 AM   #79
jayrod13

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Only been pulled over in Williamson county for it. I literally drive all over the state and that is the only place i have ever been pulled over. Each time i tell them that it is worth the $10 fine and they should worry about bigger things than not having a front license plate and that i will never put one on my Camaro. They usually come back with "no, the fine is more than that if it isn't fixed permantley" which i usually say "Nope, all it takes is $10 and some double sided tape". Usually pisses them off but what are they going to do? I hope it does piss them off
Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 AM   #80
hot_rod

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratroddave View Post
Yes I will be there and my attorney say there is no worries about this . I am just doing this to prove a point. I think that if there is a mistake by the state why should I have to pay for it. And there is no way that this is fair, Why pay the 200 fine if there is no law there. Are pay the 10 for the administration fees for something that is not even a crime!
You the man!

I agree with your point, if the law is not "made right" then there is no law.

It's not about the intent of the law, it's about the letter of the law or lack of in this case.

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference." - Mark Twain

"Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Unknown
Old 02-19-2012, 12:40 PM   #81
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholloway6 View Post
This is what they want you to do so they don't have to admit they were wrong. All it takes is a couple people to go through with it and win and then all this "what if's" will be gone.
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
Old 02-19-2012, 12:45 PM   #82
import_killa

Drives: 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpizzle007 View Post
Know someone that just got a ticket for no front plates last weekend. There is still enforcement of this. Good luck wasting your time.
Looks like another person just allows people to do whatever to them. Stand up for what is right damn that how we became the great USA by people standing up for whats right. Is it our fault they messed up on the law no but no way in hell is it right to fine someone for a law that no longer exist. Next years law now thats a different story
1 7/8 AR headers, roto-fab CAI with radiator, fuse box, and valve cover, cam, upgraded fuel system with 85lb injectors, under drive pulley, TVS 2300 S/C, muffler delete, aftermarket wheels, AAC headlights fogs sidemarkers footwell dome and trunk lights.....That's 659.9 RWHP 611.9RWTQ

T
Old 02-19-2012, 04:27 PM   #83
josephff

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS White
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_killa View Post
Looks like another person just allows people to do whatever to them. Stand up for what is right damn that how we became the great USA by people standing up for whats right. Is it our fault they messed up on the law no but no way in hell is it right to fine someone for a law that no longer exist. Next years law now thats a different story
Old 02-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #84
jpizzle007

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by import_killa View Post
Yeah it totally makes sense wasting more money on legal fees and losing since your SOL. Good luck with your fairy tale.
Closed Thread