Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #15
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
I think I read somewhere that the windshield needs to come out to replace the HUD, but I don't know for certain.
On the XM subject, it is not worth the phone call to get it reactivated. They tried to give me 6 more months free but I asked them to deactivate it. Glad I did.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:44 AM   #16
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
I believe it's in the neighborhood of 2-3 hours. Not sure, I remember reading threads here where someone was adding HUDs to people's camaros that it didn't come standard in at car meets. The window shouldn't have to come out but I have no clue on the dash.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:45 PM   #17
noah677
Account Suspended

Drives: White Zl1
I think you have to take the following with some amount of thought: There is nothing that the dealer likes more than to say to a customer "can't can't reproduce the problem and bring it back when we can find out what you're talking about or actually see it." They love it and get to charge BM for the visit. And if u read the forums this happens all the time. Got a rear end howl? Got some clunk noise? – They won't hear it. And this goes on and on and on. So my advice to you and what I have started doing is I drive my car until the problem is so bad that I can hand them the pieces of the car and that way there is no crap from the dealer. I currently have a rear end Howl or wine and it doesn't bother me because I know eventually something is going to blow or break and at that point they're just going to have to fix it along with any ancillary damage that is done. That's just the way they work and so let's play in their arena. EVERYONE IS AFRAID TO TAKE THEIR CAR TO THE DEALER--everyone - which, of course, is ridiculous.
noah677 is offline   Reply With Quote