Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 09-26-2009, 12:23 AM   #15
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS View Post
Thanks Junkie, You guys are awesome. Really. This forum really makes me enjoy and appreciate my car much more than I would have otherwise.

I really don't get what I can do differently though. I'm truly lost :( The thing that has been suggested to me most is that my car still hasn't broken in yet, but really I know on the streets it's pretty quick. It was sooo lazy off the line...:(. I think I should point out though, that when I do run my car hard for a bit (on the street) it feels way peppier than it did tonight. I'm about ready to bust out crying. I'm gonna have both my dad and hubby run it down the 1/8th later just to make sure it's not just me... if it is...
Tell us how do you leave the line..at what RPM do you preload your car?
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Drives: Yellow 2SS, '06 Evo IX
Question

Preload, as in stalling? I put my foot all the way down on the gas, and other foot all the way on the brake. It only brings it up to like 1250RPM. Then I just release the brake all at once. That was for run #2. I spun tires a bit there.

Run #1 was just foot flat on the gas at the 3rd light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Tell us how do you leave the line..at what RPM do you preload your car?

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Can someone tell me why so many Domestic owners hate Imports? Esp Japanese?
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I ran low 13s consistantly with the TC ON and foot on brake and punching it. 14.6 is not good at all for an automatic. Yes there are tricks and a 'feel' to it but not to the tune of 1.5 seconds different. Maybe half a second.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:08 AM   #18
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I put my foot all the way down on the gas, and other foot all the way on the brake. It only brings it up to like 1250RPM. Then I just release the brake all at once. That was for run #2. I spun tires a bit there.

Run #1 was just foot flat on the gas at the 3rd light.
This should make your tires spin as you sit there if TC is off.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:10 AM   #19
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

I left my TC on for the stalling. I am heartbroken really. I agree that 1.5secs is wayyyyyyyyy off. I did do the fuse pull a while ago, as you know PQ. DO you think i could've gotten bad gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
This should make your tires spin as you sit there if TC is off.

The next person who assumes that my car belongs to my boyfriend/husband is gonna be on the receiving end of some hot hell! I'm a girl dammit, not a preschooler!

Old 09-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #20
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
I left my TC on for the stalling. I am heartbroken really. I agree that 1.5secs is wayyyyyyyyy off. I did do the fuse pull a while ago, as you know PQ. DO you think i could've gotten bad gas?
It's possible. Not sure. But I know if you have one foot on the brake and one just off the gas, and punch the gas as you lift off the brake, you should get MUCH better than 14.7, that's the time I was getting before my fuse pull. It's an automatic. You're not doing anything wrong enough to make that big of a difference. Somethings wrong and it sounds like it's firing on the low grade fuel table.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #21
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Quote:
It's possible. Not sure. But I know if you have one foot on the brake and one just off the gas, and punch the gas as you lift off the brake, you should get MUCH better than 14.7, that's the time I was getting before my fuse pull. It's an automatic. You're not doing anything wrong enough to make that big of a difference. Somethings wrong and it sounds like it's firing on the low grade fuel table.
Ok, I'm gonna do the fuse pull again today, and then compare my 1/8 time from last night to whatever I run today. What traction mode did you use? Regular TC on or Comp Mode?

Old 09-26-2009, 01:26 AM   #22
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Ok, I'm gonna do the fuse pull again today, and then compare my 1/8 time from last night to whatever I run today. What traction mode did you use? Regular TC on or Comp Mode?
My best times were with my TC on. I changed nothing and even kept it in regular 'D'

The times were only like .03 better, but certainly not slower.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #23
PQ
Booooosted.

I'm hittin the hay. Let me know how you do.
Old 09-26-2009, 01:34 AM   #24
ThisChicksGotAYellow2SS

Thanks PQ. Will keep u posted! I just feel a tad bit better knowing that u ram a 14.7 when your fuel timing table was messed up

Quote:
My best times were with my TC on. I changed nothing and even kept it in regular 'D'

The times were only like .03 better, but certainly not slower.

Old 09-26-2009, 01:36 AM   #25
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Thanks PQ. Will keep u posted! I just feel a tad bit better knowing that u ram a 14.7 when your fuel timing table was messed up
Old 09-26-2009, 08:02 AM   #26
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Can you post your whole timeslip? Or at least give us the breakdown of 60' time, 1/8 mile time & mph, and 1/4 mile time and mph. It really sounds like you are running on the low octane fuel table.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:09 AM   #27
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Can you post your whole timeslip? Or at least give us the breakdown of 60' time, 1/8 mile time & mph, and 1/4 mile time and mph. It really sounds like you are running on the low octane fuel table.
I'd bet big money on it.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:46 AM   #28
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
Got your pm. First it looks like your rough DA (density altitude), I guessed at the track, and the time of day you ran (guessed 7pm) and its +2000 feet, really crappy air and will hurt your times by about -4 tenths from a zero correction factor day, or a DA of zero. That still only drops you to a 14.3. So other problems.... Looking at your slips or if you could give a breakdown, that would be great, ie 60 foot, 1/8 ect.. w/ mph. I suspect you are running on the low octane table as well. As far as launching is concerned I ran my runs w/ everything turned off, and flashing the conveter off the line. Thats basicly just stomping the gas, the car would not spin tires, the track was prepped well and torque management was unbeleivably invasive. Your MPH will show us how much horsepower you are making, so we really need that, also if they have scales at the track to weigh your car w/ you in it that would be very helpful as well. Do your fuse pull at the track, then make your runs and collect this data for us.

Good luck,
Mike
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote