Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
jpizzle007

Drives: .
Halltech Yellow Jacket CAI

//

Last edited by jpizzle007; 10-03-2019 at 09:52 PM.
jpizzle007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:00 PM   #2
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpizzle007 View Post
Oh and no pics, it looks exactly the same as all the pics of it online. Do a google search if you are one of the people that posts that gay sh*t about this thread being worthless without pics.
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #3
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Glad you like it. I think just about any mods you add when it's 110 degrees outside won't feel like much. I love mine and have had it for about 7mo now. It makes quite a bit of noise at WOT too.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
good point. its freaking hot in texas right now.
I'm not THAT far from you in Little Rock. It's like 105 in the shade here.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #5
Halltech

Drives: 2010 Halltech Camaro SS, 2008 C6Z06
Quote:
Just installed the Halltech YJ CAI. If you start it with the hood open you will hear that beyatch sucking air. Can't notice much once you're cruising as far as sound. Not much difference as far as throttle response, if you really get on it I could tell a little bit. It's hard to tell since these cars already have major cajones anyways. I'm hoping after a few miles it will reset to the increased air flow, but even if it doesn't i'm ok. It looks way better than the stock crap. I plan on doing LTs and tune soon anyways.

FYI, it came with no instructions, so if you are not sure how to do it make sure you look online or order a different one that will come with instructions. I had watched the install of other systems so much I already knew what to do, and I'm an R-tard. Anyone can install it.

Oh and no pics, it looks exactly the same as all the pics of it online. Do a google search if you are one of the people that posts that gay sh*t about this thread being worthless without pics.
Our instructions are on our website. Digital world.

Thanks for the Kudos. The Long Term Fuel trims will be just like stock and will require no tuning.

You can tune the Open loop commanded a/f ratio to get it out of the 11:1 fat city a/f ratio for more power, and when we tune these babies we use the Corvette LS3 High Octane tables on both low and high when 93 Octane is available. We then bump the timing up a few degrees and set fuel enrichment (open loop) to come on at a slightly lower throttle position for better throttle response.

Turn off some of the selected torque management timing retard and cat over temp protection fuel enrichment, and play with the IAT timing changes. Better fan settings and a cooler thermostat, and top speed limiter delete.

I have personally tuned 480 C6 Z06s and C5s and C6s since 2002, and can set up any car with our Halltech exclusive emailTUNEŽ SCT handheld.

The stock file is uploaded and then transfered to your PC by USB. Sent to me for tuning by email (emailTUNEŽ) and then back to you. Transfer back to the SCT X3 handheld and reflash the ECM. The stock program is saved in the tuner, so at any time you can restore your ECM back to Virgin stock. The SCT holds up to 3 custom Halltech tunes. I tune for Katech Engine Development race motors in areas of the world where the customer cannot access Katech, and have 25 tunes done for them throughout the USA.

You could have one for 93 Octane, another for racing fuel at the drag strip, and a 3rd for E85.

Our 08 Z06 runs 13:1 CR with a Katech build motor, mild cam and E85. Halltech Super Bee CF112, LSXR intake, and WP102 throttle body. Check out this Naturally aspirated ride. It weighs in at 2968 lbs with 1/4 tank of fuel:

Halltech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 08:22 PM   #6
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Can you PM me the cost of your Tuner with a tune? And what if I add headers down the road....can the tunner do logging and then email that to you for another custom tune? If so, how much would that cost.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote