Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-27-2013, 10:50 PM   #29
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
All great suggestions. Thanks for the support!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Will do for sure and thanks everyone for the great suggestions.

Tyler I'm up in the air on Engine mounts and sub-frame bushings, mainly which manufacturer. Axles you'll have to help me with. Brake lines and rotors.

3.91 gears and ZL1 wheels I can snag at a good price amd will need a Recaro seat or some harness. That is just for starters.

I've booked marked your sight so when my insurance settlement comes through you are getting a callfrom me no doubt!
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #30
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Ideal G Clutch Master Cylinder
BREMBO Brakes F/R Powder Coated

Pedders Bushings
RAM 9.5” twin disc clutch
JDP Remote Clutch reservoir Stage 2

Hurst Shifter with bronze bushing

LSR Sway bar front and rear ZL spec, Springs, bump steer kit, Billet LCA’s and Toe links
1LE shocks and struts with upper rear mounts
1LE Wheels by Factory Reproductions Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 combo

Just a few parts on my build..... and I can beat a stock 1LE, and with my mods I still cost more than 5k less....
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post

Tyler I'm up in the air on Engine mounts and sub-frame bushings, mainly which manufacturer. Axles you'll have to help me with. Brake lines and rotors.

3.91 gears and ZL1 wheels I can snag at a good price amd will need a Recaro seat or some harness. That is just for starters.

I've booked marked your sight so when my insurance settlement comes through you are getting a callfrom me no doubt!
JDP are good guys...they'll set you straight.

BTW: go pick up this month's Camaro Performers magazine and see JDP's Camaro in the feature article.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #32
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Racer View Post

For Engine mounts, we have used both Pfadt and Prothane and both are good. The Prothane mounts have less vibes though. The Prothane mounts also lower the engine a little bit which has it's advantages as well as disadvantages (more clearance above the engine, but less clearance with low hanging headers) We have the Pfadt mounts on the JDP shop Camaro and our shop manager has the Prothane mounts.

We suggest solid subframe bushings. You can get away with inserts with lower power levels, but we still prefer to go solid if the budget allows.

Check out this video with the Pfadt solid subframe bushings in action.

As for Axles, we prefer DSS. They are really good about taking care of warranty issues in a timely manner that doesn't keep your car down for too long. Gforce axle's are good too. You really can't go wrong..

We also offer DBA rotors, Goodridge brake lines and the GM 3.91's gears. All in stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
JDP are good guys...they'll set you straight.

BTW: go pick up this month's Camaro Performers magazine and see JDP's Camaro in the feature article.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Solid bushings is on my "To Do" list some day.

More vendors are starting to come out with solid bushings so I'm sure the increased competition will start to drive down the prices some. ADM just recently started selling some solid bushings (http://www.admperformance.com/produc...63&product=258) and they are a couple hundred cheaper than Pfadt's bushings. I think LG Motorsports is working on some as well but it sounded like they'll be in the Pfadt price range.

I NEED A FREAKING MONEY TREE out back!!!!
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #34
Gunslinger09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
The 3.91:1 gears are a definite. I will throw the BMR catalog at the suspension.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #35
Mutant Racer

Great thanks guys. Let me scan these 1LE track pack papers and see what you think of this stuff. I have no idea if some of this is new or old.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #36
Da Mammer

Drives: 2010 camaro SS... shell...
If they offered a 1le (or zl1 or Z/28 for that matter) in 2010 when I bought my car yes I wouldn't have "just a 2ss". But they didn't. Would I trade for a new 1le or zl1 or z/28? for gods sakes no..ok MAYBE the z/28.. but If you're buying new you might as well get the package you want the first time. But at the end of the day, it's only the nameplate. There are SSs that will stomp zl1s and have nothing to do with 1le parts. Your car is what you make it, not how you order it.
Old 06-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #37
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
Definitely do all the rear bushings it will keep the rear end in place because the factory pieces are too soft and allow too much movement

CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #38
Mutant Racer

Ok guys are these papers the old info or is this new stuff?

I'm just picking through bits and pieces and was only curious if you guys have seen these before or not.

My geeking skills go only so far so hopefully you all can enlarge those scans.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #39
JDP Sales

The 1LE stuff is great, but just about all of that can be improved upon with aftermarket parts. About the only thing I suggest going with from the 1LE, are the gears. The 3.91's are great especially for the affordability of them.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 07-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #40
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Tyler, can you or one of the other vendors here put together a package of aftermarket pieces that will compete directly in price and performance to the GM 1LE track pack #23102311?
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #41
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG383 View Post
Tyler, can you or one of the other vendors here put together a package of aftermarket pieces that will compete directly in price and performance to the GM 1LE track pack #23102311?
I suggest checking out the Pfadt Stage 3 ZL spec package. This package directly rivals the track pack and will out perform it. The only thing I might change in the package is substituting the springs for a set of coilovers.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 07-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #42
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
I've had 3.91 gears for a good year or so now. I can tell you by no means does it render a M6 useless. Quite the opposite. It runs WAY better from street light to street light. Does it take away some of your top end.....yes a little....but not like you would think. At 55mph I lost 200 RPM. Its still very drivable on the highway and actually around town I now use 6th gear a lot more than I used to. The 3.91 gears are awesome in an M6 and I would never go back to 3.45.
I agree with everything said by Caverman about the 3.91 gears on the street. Just a note of caution - at the drag strip my 3.91 gears and the first gear ratio are a hand full to launch well. The 3.91 gears make a hard to launch car on street tires even harder to launch when I went to the strip a couple weeks ago. Granted I'm sure I'd get better with more practice but I rode the clutch out to avoid too much wheel spin and I still would break loose at the top of first gear, had to work hard to stay off the rev limiter because 1st spins the engine up so quickly now and the wheel hop into second was enough that I had to back off a little. In other words there is a lot happening very quickly now in those first 200 feet after that last yellow lights up. Still love the gears - just keeping it real.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote