Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #3137
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post
Yes I did check out the cage and its a very clean install I didn't notice it at first. No the trunk was not open, I noticed a pull tab handle on the right side of the bumper is that a fuel shut off switch? The exhaust looks amazing too and I bet it will sound even better.

What else are you doing to the car? Are you going to upgrade the brakes? Any suspension work done?

I cannot wait to see the car finished. I will have to keep up with this thread now that I have seen the car.

Its just amazing.

The pull tab is the battery cutoff switch. (NHRA Required). The exhaust has some incredible fabrication from the NRE team. I wish you could see the fuel system, wiring, plumbing, intercooler and wheel tubbing. It is all pretty neat stuff but you really can't "see" it without taking half the car apart. The SST is 95% complete. Just waiting on the tranny to be installed. (A car is never 100% complete so we will just leave it in the high 90's...lol)

The suspension is completely redone except for a couple of pieces I need to get from Pete when the SST comes back to FLA.

Other than Hawk pads and BSS brake lines I love Brembo brakes and these would have been considered race pieces just a few years ago so they will stay.

Thanks for your kind comments and posting pics !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Knowing Bruce just a bit my guess is it will run better than it looks.
You know our type well. Performance is primary. Looks are secondary. I will need to get a few pieces from you once the car returns home.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:18 AM   #3138
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You know our type well. Performance is primary. Looks are secondary. I will need to get a few pieces from you once the car returns home.
Randy isn't going to like this quote....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #3139
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
hope the SST gets to come home soon.
Old 07-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #3140
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I always thought looking pretty was the number one priority.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:40 AM   #3141
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
The pull tab is the battery cutoff switch. (NHRA Required). The exhaust has some incredible fabrication from the NRE team. I wish you could see the fuel system, wiring, plumbing, intercooler and wheel tubbing. It is all pretty neat stuff but you really can't "see" it without taking half the car apart. The SST is 95% complete. Just waiting on the tranny to be installed. (A car is never 100% complete so we will just leave it in the high 90's...lol)

The suspension is completely redone except for a couple of pieces I need to get from Pete when the SST comes back to FLA.

Other than Hawk pads and BSS brake lines I love Brembo brakes and these would have been considered race pieces just a few years ago so they will stay.

I was wondering what that tab was for. We were looking at that trying to guess why it was there lol....
Old 07-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #3142
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
[QUOTE=speedster;3500458]The pull tab is the battery cutoff switch. (NHRA Required). The exhaust has some incredible fabrication from the NRE team. I wish you could see the fuel system, wiring, plumbing, intercooler and wheel tubbing. It is all pretty neat stuff but you really can't "see" it without taking half the car apart. The SST is 95% complete. Just waiting on the tranny to be installed. (A car is never 100% complete so we will just leave it in the high 90's...lol)

I am just surprised and ecstatic I had the chance to see your car in person. The engineering in the car is truly amazing. I cannot wait for the car to be finished and hear her run.

Have any plans for the car when its finished. Do I smell a standing mile run in the future.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #3143
blade_ss

Drives: '12 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & 05 Mazda3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
I was wondering what that tab was for. We were looking at that trying to guess why it was there lol....

+1. I knew it had something to do with drag racing.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #3144
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Poor Randy. You are so mean...

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
hope the SST gets to come home soon.
The tranny finally made it back to NRE and was installed late Friday. We will know this week if everything plays well together and gets road tuned. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I always thought looking pretty was the number one priority.
Another evil guy...lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
Actually it transforms the SST into Prius... NOT !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade_ss View Post

I am just surprised and ecstatic I had the chance to see your car in person. The engineering in the car is truly amazing. I cannot wait for the car to be finished and hear her run.

Have any plans for the car when its finished. Do I smell a standing mile run in the future.
Thanks again for the kind words. It'll take some time to tune for various venues, but am sure it will make it to a few standing miles. You can get going pretty well with 3.25 gears and O.D. But first gotta try out the line loc and transbrake...
Old 07-23-2011, 08:48 PM   #3145
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
xross your fingers, its time for all the planets to align...its time to come home...even the shuttle made it to the moon and back already..lol...glad to see its up for 2nd round of testing
Old 07-23-2011, 08:56 PM   #3146
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
xross your fingers, its time for all the planets to align...its time to come home...even the shuttle made it to the moon and back already..lol...glad to see its up for 2nd round of testing

Ha, yeah the final shuttle mission landed before the SST made it back to FLA... Soon.
Old 07-23-2011, 09:01 PM   #3147
Cali_Camaro_SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS (BLACK)
Sick, hope it all works out now.
Im off tues&weds so hopefully I can see it run

would be so sick!!
1SS: Dnyatech LT Headers | Dynamaxx CatBack | Diablo Tune | Intake | Pfatds Springs | Heritage Grill | Blacked out Bezels | Black Chevy Sign | Blacked out Wheels | Tint | HIDs w/Error code Eliminator | Green Dome/Trunk Light |

Cali_Camaro_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 09:07 PM   #3148
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
we r waiting like u b. can't wait 2 c it in person! then smoke is on at shop!
Old 07-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #3149
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Ha, yeah the final shuttle mission landed before the SST made it back to FLA... Soon.
But yours will still be flying....
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 10:17 PM   #3150
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
I hope you plan on shootin video during the line loc and trans brake testing hint hint, nudge nudge he he

Tags
engine psi > tire psi, f5....., holy crap!, horsepower, omgwtfbbqsaucepowa!!!, speedster, sst, turbo