Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions > Guides, Manuals, Bulletins, Documentation Archive

Old 08-15-2008, 05:00 PM   #57
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaysonAych View Post
I spy with my little eye a custom fuel door...
Yes I saw that too and LOVE that that will be an option! Also love that the parking assist will be avaible from dec 2009, gotta get that along with the HUD. I have a poor rear view out the back of my Saab and the Camaro isn't going to be better. It's just how it is and really not a complaint on my part.

EDIT: Guys am I the only who believe that they will get really really emotional when they see one on the road for the first time? Especially me who can't afford one for a while and will have to see other people drive around in their before I can get mine. Honestly when I see my first...I might cry. Honestly.

Last edited by Emher; 08-15-2008 at 05:22 PM.
Emher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 05:26 PM   #58
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
11.3 cubic ft trunk and awesome car cover look at page 8 concept vs prepro and i got a very interesting pm from fbodfather that im not sure if i share wait i told him i wouldnt so i wont
well ill say this they might bring back a __________ thats bigger than the _________ thats all but he said what was in the _______ and he said its not in the works yet but.... id tell you but i told him i wouldnt tell so ill let him burst the bubble
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:00 PM   #59
06TBSS

Drives: '06 TrailblazerSS / '05 Evo RS
Gm bought Hughes electronics in 80's and did HUD's back in the 80's....Wonder why they cant make mention of it like the pic shows? .....well - If you want one then DEFI has it....I have one in my Evo it makes driving alot nicer....no need to look down anymore. It has (audible/programmable) built in Shift light. Very nice. If GM skips for 'budget problems' or crash testing excuses blah blah... then the DEFI unit is a cool option @$180.00

Nippon-seiki is the company that does alot of the cool OEM guages in Japanese cars like the Imprezza STi that are blacked out and do a 'swing dance' the Defi trademark upon key forward.

Play the 'demo' in this link and it shows pretty much to a tee how it looks and acts in my car....its OEM quality cause its made by Japanese OEM supplier!
http://www.nippon-seiki.co.jp/defish.../vsdx_top.html

you get.....5 switchable brightness levels....records top speed and rpm, add on sensors allow multiple scrolling data visible like temps, pressures. My wife wants one in her TBSS, I dont want to start hacking at the BCM to get it done though!
'06 TBSS-Vector tune/CAI, '05 Evo RS,....300whp AWD, 3150 lbs, Defi H.U.D, Past GM's: '85 442 Cutlass, '89 IROC-Z L98 EFI trapped 107mph, '92 1LE Z28(stock), '00 Silverado 3/5 drop Budnik 20'sI <3 my HUD
06TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:05 PM   #60
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
I'm glad somebody finally posted this up, but on the website it came from there is a disclaimer from GM stating that the information is not for the public at all and that you are not allowed to discuss or share the information. Someone could lose their job over this.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #61
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
so i was right about the rs ss getting the bumper we have seen on the lt rs package. it looks like it has the concept's vents under the bumper also(page 3)
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:26 PM   #62
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post

#2 Rear Parking Assist is mentioned as an option to "improve" rearward visibility.

The latter is alarming because it implies the rearward visibility is not good. Have any of the disciples discussed the visibility out the back?
Actually, it just says additional visibility. To me, that just sounds like it's there as a supplement.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #63
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
so i was right about the rs ss getting the bumper we have seen on the lt rs package. it looks like it has the concept's vents under the bumper also(page 3)
I'm more inclined to believe that was a mistake.

It states what the RS package comes with, and nowhere is the front fascia listed as part of it.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:17 PM   #64
dimitri

Drives: 06 M5/04 350Z
i saw that book the other day at a chevy dealer...but the dealer tried to bang me by asking for 5k for allocation spot...i told him to go to hell.

Northeast autoutlet in philly ...stay away .thieves!!!
dimitri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:02 PM   #65
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
An HD would be nice, but I've not heard of anything like that...
Now you can say that you have heard of it
Chrysler MyGIG® Multimedia Entertainment System features a 20-gigabyte hard drive

Pioneer DEH-P90HDD
10-gigabyte hard drive stores music from audio CDs, CD-Rs, and CD-RWs

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #66
nonsensez9

Drives: 05 mustang gt
Wow! look at all those colors to choose from! I was expecting something like black, white, three shades of gray, and maybe red (nissan GT-R, for example).

What's a tintcoat?

Anything about telescopic steering?
nonsensez9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:06 PM   #67
Silverghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post

that is a picture of the concept, it has the led headlights and useless side mirrors.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:12 PM   #68
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up Awesome

Thanks for the info
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 08:29 PM   #69
Silverghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BitchinCamaro View Post
There is some good info in there, but very little of this is new info, most of it is cut and paste from the original press release. http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/explorecamaro/features/
There is a USB port in the center console. You'll be able to plug in a MP3 player or flash drive. There is also an aux port for a iPod or other MP3 player with DRM.
I knew it would have the USB port back when Fbodfather said it would have one. That isn't the new info I was referring to.
My Acura has a USB port which allows me to play songs and control my IPod through the stereo controls so when it says you’ll be able to plug in a MP3 player or flash drive I assumed it would do the same. I didn't think you could "download" your music.
Although I have to agree with marticus24,
Quote:
Originally Posted by marticus24 View Post
the word "download" is used way to liberally by those that do not know what it actually implies.

Old 08-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #70
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Where I work I have to park between a pole and a pickup and I have to back into the spot because of company orders....

I don't really care that much because over the years I've gotten quite good at it, but my concern is that if the rear visibility is not good then the car will get lambasted in the press for this.

A lot of people here some to be under the illusion that if GM makes a quality car that everyone everywhere is going to automatically realize that the car is good and GM has turned a corner and is on the upswing and making great stuff. I'm only here to say that if the car has even small flaws that there are people out there who will AMPLIFY them into defects of proportions that make my occasional complaints seem like high praise.

There's a lot of people who want to see GM fail and that's why this car has to have as few perceived flaws as possible.

So, if the visibility is bad, there could be a lot of press about it.
The car was not designed to have poor rear visability. It is simply a by product of the styling decision. There is no such thing as a perfect car. On persons preferences are anothers defect so the car is what it is. I applaud GM for offering this package because many premium cars are beinging to do so regardless of the rear visibility.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote