Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-21-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
NPP Plus Solo Hi Flows Plus Magnaflow X Pipe/Resonator

I have the factory npp exhaust on my LS3 Camaro, and just had Solo high flow cats and Magnaflow resonated X pipe installed today. I am extremely happy with the results.

The sound is a little louder and deeper than stock, but not straight pipe obnoxious. Cruising in 6th gear at 75 it sounds great in the car. Deeper and louder than stock and no drone.

Under acceleration it is definitely louder, but again not too loud. Disclaimer here is I only have about 300 miles on the car so am keeping it below 4000 RPM and no full throttle acceleration but I do push 4000.

Anyway, after my 50 mile drive after the installation I am just as happy as can be with this combination and can recommend it to anyone considering this mod.

edited to add that I seem to have less deceleration pop with this system than when it was stock, but this observation is based on a relatively short drive. I don't mind the decel pop, but just seemed like it is reduced now.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #2
Anaconda

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 6-speed VR
Interesting. I was thinking about going with SOLO high flow cats with my NPP (open flapped) exhaust and perhaps the Magnaflow resonated X-pipe to cut down on the drone on the highway myself. Driving around town is okay but highway does get a little annoying right now. Nice to hear a review of the set up.
Anaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #3
3rdgen3
10-bolt Destroyer

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - AGM, LS3/6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by FB3 View Post
I have the factory npp exhaust on my LS3 Camaro, and just had Solo high flow cats and Magnaflow resonated X pipe installed today. I am extremely happy with the results.

The sound is a little louder and deeper than stock, but not straight pipe obnoxious. Cruising in 6th gear at 75 it sounds great in the car. Deeper and louder than stock and no drone.

Under acceleration it is definitely louder, but again not too loud. Disclaimer here is I only have about 300 miles on the car so am keeping it below 4000 RPM and no full throttle acceleration but I do push 4000.

Anyway, after my 50 mile drive after the installation I am just as happy as can be with this combination and can recommend it to anyone considering this mod.

edited to add that I seem to have less deceleration pop with this system than when it was stock, but this observation is based on a relatively short drive. I don't mind the decel pop, but just seemed like it is reduced now.
Nice to hear about this. I was thinking about getting some NPP mufflers. Do you have the fuse pulled?

Getting rid of the stock H pipe for an X pipe will slightly reduce the decel popping. Ive found the H-pipe has a much more pronounced decel pop then the X personally.

2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3/TR6060: Cam, Headers, Exhaust, Intake, Gears, Twin Disk, Suspension, Tuned - 475rwhp, 443rwtq
3rdgen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #4
FB3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdgen3 View Post
Nice to hear about this. I was thinking about getting some NPP mufflers. Do you have the fuse pulled?

Getting rid of the stock H pipe for an X pipe will slightly reduce the decel popping. Ive found the H-pipe has a much more pronounced decel pop then the X personally.
No, I do not have the npp fuse pulled. To me it is plenty loud enough now for my use with the cats and H pipe. Drove a little more today, and am just really happy with it.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #5
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
If the X-pipe reduces the deceleration popping sound over the stock H-pipe, then that is a deal breaker for me.

Luv the popping sound.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 PM   #6
FB3

I really can't tell much difference in the decel popping, but it may be a little less now on my car. It is definitely still there, and I also like it.