Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-14-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
Moorepheus

Drives: 2013 Dodge Charge R/T Plus AWD
I just got my car, built on March 3rd. My iphone doesn't work right. Iphone displays device is not compatable and wants to go into airplane mode...

This update fix this probleM???
Moorepheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:08 PM   #16
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
My iPhone prompts with the same airport message but it still works with my car just fine.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #17
Moorepheus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno2SS View Post
My iPhone prompts with the same airport message but it still works with my car just fine.

Mine works, but then I search for Playlist on my Radio, they are all blank, until I pick one. Then I get an error message on the Radio, don't remember it 100%, but it stats the phone was disconnected and it's safe to remove it. Weird.

On the other side of things. I connected the AUDIO part via BLUETOOTH and it sound awsome via BlueTooth also, but I know cable connection is the best.

Also, love the BT connection for the phone also, works just talking through OnStar phone service. The BT Phone and BT Audio from the car show up as 2 different BT devices on the iPhone.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:13 PM   #18
Inferno2SS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
The bluetooth for the phone is great, one of my favorite features.
Inferno2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
CruiseControl

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moorepheus View Post
I just got my car, built on March 3rd. My iphone doesn't work right. Iphone displays device is not compatable and wants to go into airplane mode...

This update fix this probleM???
This comes up for many iphone peripherals and basically means it's not compatible with the 'phone' component. This is true, the PDIM is not compatible with the phone (that runs through bluetooth). It's unlikely there will be an update to 'fix' this.

Just ignore it (or hit 'no')....it'll work.
CruiseControl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
nashstat

Drives: 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
There is a PI out for an update to the MPIM (Multimedia Player Interface Module ) The PI# is PI0055. Give this to them. I just did an update on a customers car today and it took about 30 min to complete. It was one of the longest reprograms I have done.
Thanks for that. From time to time I could hear static noises while listening to music and other times no matter what I do, I could not get the PDIM to play music, despite the iPod working just fine.

I usually just do a hard reset of the iPod and it fixes the issue.

Hard reset steps (only for classic iPods, won't work for iPhones or Touch):

1. Switch the Hold button to "Hold" position, and then switch it back to "Non Hold" position
2. Press center button and menu button together (for about 10 seconds)
3. You should see an Apple logo appear in the center of the screen.

That's it... you should be able to do listen to your music just fine.

PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS WHILE DRIVING!!! PULL OVER ON THE SIDE!!!
nashstat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #21
Moorepheus

I have had the update done on my Radio/MPIP last Friday, and I get static and issues with PlayList/Artist/etc not showing up or showing wrong infomation still. Like I will be browsing one artist and another artist info is showing up. Very weird. I have rebooted my iPhone and still same issues.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:15 AM   #22
ninety6
2xSOM

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS | 2002 Camaro V6 vrt
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
There is a PI out for an update to the MPIM (Multimedia Player Interface Module ) The PI# is PI0055. Give this to them. I just did an update on a customers car today and it took about 30 min to complete. It was one of the longest reprograms I have done.
Is this the same as a PDIM update? For example, the radio PDIM version I have (built 1/31) is "CE" -- is this newer than that, or something different? i've noticed a little static on the ipod now and then.
ninety6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #23
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
My car wouldn't find my ipod for the first time today. I tried resetting the ipod and I restarted the car. No luck.

One other thing my radio is doing that it never did before is when I push the aux/cd button, it just switches between CD and the Radio (either FM or XM, whichever I was listening to last). It doesn't ever show "Aux" or "iPod." It used to until today. Very odd.

I will stop by the dealer on the way home from work to ask about the update.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #24
Richochet83

Drives: SIM 2LT Camaro RS
I been having problems with my iPod hook up for a long time now. and my right door speaker rattles like crazy. And those jokers at the dealership said GM is aware of the problem and not to change the speakers.
Richochet83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #25
convert

Drives: the Camaro as often as possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninety6 View Post
Is this the same as a PDIM update? For example, the radio PDIM version I have (built 1/31) is "CE" -- is this newer than that, or something different? i've noticed a little static on the ipod now and then.
I'd like to know this too. I also have CE, and I took my car into the dealership last week along with a printout of PI0055 and after keeping my car for 1/2 the day they called back and said I already had the latest version?

But it sounds like Moorepheus got an update and that car was built very recently.
convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #26
Darth_Emma

I just talked to my dealer. I will drop the car off with them tomorrow morning and they'll give me a ride to work (they're only a mile away from work). I hope there is an update for it. My car was built in January. I'll report back when I get the car back tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:33 PM   #27
Darth_Emma

The dealer said the MMIM (multimedia interface module) has failed and needs to be replaced in my car. They ordered it and said they hope to have it in by the middle of next week. My car already had the latest software.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:35 PM   #28
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamAir02 View Post
I too have had this problem since June. It rarely happens, but sometimes when I start the car it doesn't "SEARCH FOR DEVICES..." and instead just goes to FM radio. I usually unplug the USB cable and reset the iPod and it works again. A couple of on/off cycles of the car ignition also works.

Months ago there was talk about a firmware/software update from GM, but my dealer has never been able to find any information on it.
I have to do this also to get mine to work sometimes...
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote