Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

View Poll Results: if you definitely want a cylinder please chose V6 or SS. need to figure out how many
I own a V6 20 20.83%
I own a V6 but will wait for a core exchange 7 7.29%
I own a SS 50 52.08%
I own a SS but will wait for a core exchange 21 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #57
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you are willing to ship one to me I will get installed but I cannot drive to jersey.
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:52 PM   #58
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
Originally Posted by piticu667 View Post
If you are willing to ship one to me I will get installed but I cannot drive to jersey.
i appreciate the offer but i need to test it here in person.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:40 PM   #59
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
If this works, your going to make a lot of people very happy. Myself included.
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 01:55 PM   #60
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
If this works, your going to make a lot of people very happy. Myself included.
not only will i make you guys happy , but i will be able to finally smile when i drive my camaro and be happy myself. instead of GRIND!
Old 04-01-2012, 02:08 PM   #61
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

update!

I've mounted a stock camaro ss slave cylinder to my press. ( i used my press just because it was the easiest way to do it, the press itself has nothing to do with anything)

I am now able to test a stock master cylinder and compare it to my modified master cylinder and see how much more my master moves the slave cylinder then the stock master.

While testing this today I found out that the brand new stock master cylinder doesnt hold pressure so now it has to be returned for a another one. Thanks alot GM your holding us up now!

Test results to come soon
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #62
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
I'm about 25 min from your shop. I'm real interested in trying this when your ready.
VanquisherSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #63
kaylew78

Drives: 2011 rs/ss ls3
wow! thanks for taking action and sharing your ideas and results. i cant wait to see how this works. good luck and god speed.
kaylew78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #64
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
I'm about 25 min from your shop. I'm real interested in trying this when your ready.
do you have the second gear grind at high rpm? and what clutch do you have?
Old 04-02-2012, 09:06 AM   #65
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

GM is killing me with these master cylinders, they have low stock of them and they all come from michigan.

I've Done all I can with my master cylinder, i cant modify it any further. over the weekend we've got it to flow as much as it can. I tried it in my car again this morning on my way back from the chevy dealer (had to drop off the bad master cylinder that doesnt hold pressure) My car does not grind anymore at high rpm shifting.

I'll have a new master cylinder tomorrow so i'm looking for someone near me to test it on sometime later in the week or this weekend.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #66
piticu667

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
GM is killing me with these master cylinders, they have low stock of them and they all come from michigan.

I've Done all I can with my master cylinder, i cant modify it any further. over the weekend we've got it to flow as much as it can. I tried it in my car again this morning on my way back from the chevy dealer (had to drop off the bad master cylinder that doesnt hold pressure) My car does not grind anymore at high rpm shifting.

I'll have a new master cylinder tomorrow so i'm looking for someone near me to test it on sometime later in the week or this weekend.
Dude you rock... Thanks for all your work...
piticu667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:24 AM   #67
Mach

Drives: White M6 1LT RS
Quote:
Its the same part number so i yes i believe its the same .

I would need a v6 car to try it out though

That's great news for the V6 drivers who are plagued by the high rpm 1-2 shift as well..

Count me in!!
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Next mod: Done!
Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:37 AM   #68
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach View Post
That's great news for the V6 drivers who are plagued by the high rpm 1-2 shift as well..

Count me in!!
yes it is, i just wish some NJ Grinders would come forward so we could test it in their car. I want to be sure it will work for all of us and not just me.

you have to remember theres a lot of us out there and we all have different clutch set ups. theres no way i could test them all.
So far i know this works on the stock clutch for the ss and also the LS9 twin disc clutch.

I murdered my car testing it to be sure for you guys that it will work, so if i get another ss in here and a v6 to test i'll be pretty confident it will work for everyone.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #69
Mach

IdealG.. It's good to know GM is selling defective master cylinders that don't hold pressure...
Pfadt Sway Bars - FE3 Suspension - Barton Shifter - IdealG's Clutch Master Cylinder - Trifecta - Vmax TB - Vararam Intake - MACE 25mm Insulator - Plenum Insulator - Ported/Gasket Matched Intake Manifold - Rx Catchcan - AAC DRL's - 4 Pack Aux Gauges - Steering Controls - AAC Afterburners - DIY Led Sidemarkers - ZL1 Front End

Old 04-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #70
Mach

Quote:
yes it is, i just wish some NJ Grinders would come forward so we could test it in their car. I want to be sure it will work for all of us and not just me.

you have to remember theres a lot of us out there and we all have different clutch set ups. theres no way i could test them all.
So far i know this works on the stock clutch for the ss and also the LS9 twin disc clutch.

I murdered my car testing it to be sure for you guys that it will work, so if i get another ss in here and a v6 to test i'll be pretty confident it will work for everyone.

If you are looking for V6 grinders.. Here's 62 pages of them. Post here and I am sure you'll find someone nearby...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91813