Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #1
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Recommendation for your new Camaro paperwork

I restored a vintage Camaro and attended a few car shows with vintage cars.
At the shows, those cars that include the original paperwork from delivery, are more valuable and real eye catchers.
You have just taken delivery of, or are preparing to take delivery of your new 2010 Camaro. These cars, as you know, are the return of an iconic car for Chevrolet and so many people are fans of this car from the 60's on up to now. As such, these cars will be a collector's item in years to come.

Suggestion: Take all your original paperwork that came with your car and save it as clean and unfolded, etc. as possible, into a ziplock bag. Keeping this paperwork intact and in good condition will also add value to your car over time.

In 2020, 2025, 2030 our kids will be looking for that collector's car with 'all original paperwork' attached. In selling your car within the next 10 years, this paperwork will also be very valuable since again, you own a return of an iconic car.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #2
Mr. Brownstone

Drives: "SINISTER"
Quote:
Originally Posted by calflan View Post
I restored a vintage Camaro and attended a few car shows with vintage cars.
At the shows, those cars that include the original paperwork from delivery, are more valuable and real eye catchers.
You have just taken delivery of, or are preparing to take delivery of your new 2010 Camaro. These cars, as you know, are the return of an iconic car for Chevrolet and so many people are fans of this car from the 60's on up to now. As such, these cars will be a collector's item in years to come.

Suggestion: Take all your original paperwork that came with your car and save it as clean and unfolded, etc. as possible, into a ziplock bag. Keeping this paperwork intact and in good condition will also add value to your car over time.

In 2020, 2025, 2030 our kids will be looking for that collector's car with 'all original paperwork' attached. In selling your car within the next 10 years, this paperwork will also be very valuable since again, you own a return of an iconic car.
Although this paperwork will never be to the current Camaro as valuable as original paperwork was to First Gen Cars, It is still neat to have.

I would suggeat storing it flat in a cool dry place between acid free sheets of paper.
Mr. Brownstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
If you can laminate it at home, that would be the way to go ....
Old 08-18-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Good advise, not for me, I'll have the wheels worn off by then. I am going to enjoy mine.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
My hubby made a binder for me with all my workbench/down payment/ welcome packets..everything we got (even the paper from the factory that was stuck in the door.) I also have the Camaro booklet and color samples, window sticker, order workbook and the little tag that was on my keychain, and temp tag..I have photos of the car at the railyard before delivery and of course photos of me taking delivery. I thought it was kinda cool of him to do that for me..nice to know it could be useful too
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroChelline View Post
My hubby made a binder for me with all my workbench/down payment/ welcome packets..everything we got (even the paper from the factory that was stuck in the door.) I also have the Camaro booklet and color samples, window sticker, order workbook and the little tag that was on my keychain, and temp tag..I have photos of the car at the railyard before delivery and of course photos of me taking delivery. I thought it was kinda cool of him to do that for me..nice to know it could be useful too
Good for you! I saw a couple of cars, one a 1937, at car shows that have their notebooks displayed with the car. I laminated my window sticker and prop it on the inside of the trunk lid during shows and people enjoy looking at it, especially since they have so many questions.
Old 08-18-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I started a scrap-book. I have every piece paper, tags, pictures, anything that has to do with the Camaro all in one book.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:29 PM   #8
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Of course we will save the paperwork, but no way am I selling it. It will be handed down to my kids after I'm gone.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #9
CamaroChelline

Drives: Like a bat outta hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post
Of course we will save the paperwork, but no way am I selling it. It will be handed down to my kids after I'm gone.
Hehehe..I feel the same way, I don't think I'll ever sell my car..my 7 yr old son has already claimed it..(in his mind anyway)
TOTALED by drunk driver on 10/4/14--Limited Edition R6P ABM #127/ 2SS/RS/ Black Interior/ Black Rally Stripes/ Sunroof/ Borla S-Type Cat-Back Exhaust/ AEM CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
*NEW* Limited Edition Aqua Blue Metallic #417/ 2SS/RS/ Manual/ Ground Effects/ Black Interior/ Gray Vintage Stripe/ Sunroof/ Kooks Headers/ Borla Atak Cat-back Exhaust/ CAI/ LED Fog Lights/ Aqua Blue Footwell, Dome and Trunk lights
CamaroChelline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 05:09 PM   #10
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdevine View Post

1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #11
DallasRetro

Drives: 03 VTX/05 Silverado/08 Infinit
Send a message via Yahoo to DallasRetro
Scan it all, too... just in case.
4000 - 09/30/2009 | 5000 - 10/15/2009 | 6000 - 00/00/2009
Went to pick it up 10/16/09... wrong interior; I'll be re-ordering!
DallasRetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:39 PM   #12
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
I've given my daughter permission to drive my car. I also told her that when we get to the graveyard she has to switch me from the passenger seat to my rightful place in the drivers seat for a proper burial
Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #13
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
the dealer left me the build sheets. which was cool. i am thinking of framing them and hanging them in my new garage.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:56 PM   #14
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I have the promotional poster of the concept Camaro Convertible that was sent to me when they announced it back in 2006. I have my original work bench print out, printed copies of all the emails ever sent to me Chevrolet thanking me for my pre order, my welcome packet, printed copies of all emails between the GM and salesman of the dealership I bought from, build sheet, invoice that the dealer got, all keychain tags, window stickers etc, all receipts from my bank when I withdrew the down payment and I'm keeping all service records in a big black binder known as the Camaro Bible!!