Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-27-2009, 09:28 AM   #1
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Let's get something straight—a rant.

I understand. Some people are discouraged by a price that is over $30k for a fully-loaded 2SS. It makes sense that you don't want to spend that much. I ordered pizza the other day without checking the price and got slapped in the wallet with my bill. No one likes to pay for what they feel is too much.

It only makes sense that you want to buy the Camaro. You've all expressed a firm attachment to this beautiful machine. I have, too. I will be waiting for a long time to save for it.

What confuses me is that the complainers aren't considering their options. When you have a 2SS, you have everything. You add the RS package, and that costs money, and you complain some more. You complain that the HIDs can't be ordered separately, and then you complain that GM is going under and wonder why. It's your attitude. They bundle things to save themselves money and to promote products that might not sell individually, like color-matched roof ditch moldings. I wouldn't pay for that either, but the RS comes with it, and that is the best way to get a few cool features in one place. If you have a problem with the bundle, go make yourself some HIDs for the same price and stop crying about it.

When you talk about how a 2SS costs too much, why don't any of you consider a 1SS? Is it so unacceptable to take away ambient lighting and your 4-pack of gauges? Does your current car have these features? I didn't think so.

I think you get the point. It doesn't cost too much for the performance. You get the same performance for $31k. You're paying for the options that you'd never think of removing. They're optional. If you don't like it, then don't choose the optional trim with all of the extra options.

The 2SS is a high-tech car featuring styling and performance that is simply unparalleled for the price. I know what you're going to say. "But the 370Z is going to have all of these other features." Didn't we go there with the GT-R? Weren't we discussing how the GT-R was going to rock? It has a self-destruct button. I would expect the 370Z to be more reliable, look like a 350Z with different headlights, and rock a V6. All you V8 loyalists who have claimed that there is no appropriate car with less cylinders either get really quiet or change your minds when it comes to imports. I don't understand why. In addition, very few of you drool as much over the 350Z as you do the Camaro. They both have hot styling, but you guys are on a Camaro forum where most of us are thoroughly impressed with the epic styling that, by the very graces of God and fbodfather, made production. The 370Z is an upgraded 350Z. They look the same. They sound the same. They even have names that are only 1 digit apart. The Camaro is a new car with an old history. You rant and rave about how you love the car and its heritage and its shape, and then you swim to Japan for a car that has no history with a shape that is identical to what we already have in the States.

Yes—it is cool.

No—it is no unique or different.

Yes—it is okay to like it.

No—it is not the same as ours. Ours is styled with the lines of classic muscle cars and competitors who sell in America and abroad. Ours is based on a heritage with stories of small, vicious animals who eat Mustangs. What does yours eat?

Here is my thesis. Let's get something straight. You're on Camaro5. You are among some fierce and sometimes conflicted American car enthusiasts. We fight over what color is the best and whether we can make another 10 ponies with this part or that one. It costs less than the competition; therefore, it is inexpensive. It is faster than the competition; therefore it is fast. It looks good. Appearance is your opinion against mine, but I'm sure I'm right when I claim that it looks really good to say the very least. It is a fifth generation Camaro, and when it hits the streets this March, those of you who have been complaining are sure to have something else to say. Don't say it.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 AM   #2
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!

very well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
...Ours is based on a heritage with stories of small, vicious animals who eat Mustangs. What does [the 370Z] eat?...
RICE!!!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
I understand. Some people are discouraged by a price that is over $30k for a fully-loaded 2SS. It makes sense that you don't want to spend that much. I ordered pizza the other day without checking the price and got slapped in the wallet with my bill. No one likes to pay for what they feel is too much.

It only makes sense that you want to buy the Camaro. You've all expressed a firm attachment to this beautiful machine. I have, too. I will be waiting for a long time to save for it.

What confuses me is that the complainers aren't considering their options. When you have a 2SS, you have everything. You add the RS package, and that costs money, and you complain some more. You complain that the HIDs can't be ordered separately, and then you complain that GM is going under and wonder why. It's your attitude. They bundle things to save themselves money and to promote products that might not sell individually, like color-matched roof ditch moldings. I wouldn't pay for that either, but the RS comes with it, and that is the best way to get a few cool features in one place. If you have a problem with the bundle, go make yourself some HIDs for the same price and stop crying about it.

When you talk about how a 2SS costs too much, why don't any of you consider a 1SS? Is it so unacceptable to take away ambient lighting and your 4-pack of gauges? Does your current car have these features? I didn't think so.

I think you get the point. It doesn't cost too much for the performance. You get the same performance for $31k. You're paying for the options that you'd never think of removing. They're optional. If you don't like it, then don't choose the optional trim with all of the extra options.

The 2SS is a high-tech car featuring styling and performance that is simply unparalleled for the price. I know what you're going to say. "But the 370Z is going to have all of these other features." Didn't we go there with the GT-R? Weren't we discussing how the GT-R was going to rock? It has a self-destruct button. I would expect the 370Z to be more reliable, look like a 350Z with different headlights, and rock a V6. All you V8 loyalists who have claimed that there is no appropriate car with less cylinders either get really quiet or change your minds when it comes to imports. I don't understand why. In addition, very few of you drool as much over the 350Z as you do the Camaro. They both have hot styling, but you guys are on a Camaro forum where most of us are thoroughly impressed with the epic styling that, by the very graces of God and fbodfather, made production. The 370Z is an upgraded 350Z. They look the same. They sound the same. They even have names that are only 1 digit apart. The Camaro is a new car with an old history. You rant and rave about how you love the car and its heritage and its shape, and then you swim to Japan for a car that has no history with a shape that is identical to what we already have in the States.

Yes—it is cool.

No—it is no unique or different.

Yes—it is okay to like it.

No—it is not the same as ours. Ours is styled with the lines of classic muscle cars and competitors who sell in America and abroad. Ours is based on a heritage with stories of small, vicious animals who eat Mustangs. What does yours eat?

Here is my thesis. Let's get something straight. You're on Camaro5. You are among some fierce and sometimes conflicted American car enthusiasts. We fight over what color is the best and whether we can make another 10 ponies with this part or that one. It costs less than the competition; therefore, it is inexpensive. It is faster than the competition; therefore it is fast. It looks good. Appearance is your opinion against mine, but I'm sure I'm right when I claim that it looks really good to say the very least. It is a fifth generation Camaro, and when it hits the streets this March, those of you who have been complaining are sure to have something else to say. Don't say it.
You forgot that my dealer is an idiot.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by trm0002 View Post
You forgot that my dealer is an idiot.
Your dealer is an idiot.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:19 AM   #5
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
to all, but especially on this part.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
^^ Here Here !
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM   #7
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Aman Brotha.
What gets me is some post ppl are complaining the price is too low. I am happy the Camaro is back and love the retro look.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

Read it twice for my daily sanity-fix.
Old 01-27-2009, 11:22 AM   #9
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
But the 370Z comes with brighter tail light bulbs.... LOL
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:30 AM   #10
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Excellent post Blur..... Isn't the Thesis supposed to be at the beginning of the rant though?
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #11
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
very well said -

just for the record I never said I was paying to much. My wife might have but never on this forum...Actually she said the car was less than what she was thinking....... So I am adding more options to get the cost higher ......shhhhh don't tell her she will find out soon enough my 7 year old opted for the cat back, air intake, and heritage grill.......who knew?????
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM   #12
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
to your mother!
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #13
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
Blurr...you are the post King!
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote