Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-16-2007, 08:49 PM   #43
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
AWESOME

Remember people this car is camoed really well so don’t jump to any conclusions on your disappointments.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #44
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Also with the spoiler, it was hard to see from that angle anyway. besides, its easy to add on for a production. And i imagine that most cosmetic details won't be included in this prototype. The concept was for form, the prototype is for function. Next step is to merge the two together
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:24 PM   #45
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
yeah...I'm hoping it's because it's only a prototype. I know they don't actually do anything usually (unless your racing at 100mph) - but it looked nice

I'm not so sure about that. in the original photo...It's terrible to make anything out through the camo, but I'm pretty sure I can see it still has the divit running down the center.

The black photo was a photoshop, remember, and although it doesn't show anything on the roof. It was an artists interpretation, and doing whatever he had to do...it's not easy to "erase" all those white triangles, you have to create what was hidden (which is their purpose)...
I'm sure it will have a rear spoiler, its just a prototype. Think about it, every Camaro previous to now has had some time of rear flare/wing/spoiler. I mean its a remake of the Camaro in a newer age, so I would bet money the Camaro's will have a spoiler of some type.

Far as the roof of the car, I'm pretty sure it has some angle to it. Look next to Ed Welburn's forehead and you can see the roof curving somewhat. However that issue may be debatable until further news is revealed

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #46
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Wow, without the camo i'm falling in love even more
I didn't get an e-mail this time , maybe it got lost or something?

I still think this car may have a cowl only because i still see +- 10in of the hood and the cowl is at least 15 in, look at the Camaro on top of the site logo. I'm not tryin to bash you or anything Dragon I'm just tryin to stay optimistic.

EDIT: Actually I did get it hehe, just checked the wrong e-mail
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 PM   #47
Jeff
~ANTI-FORD~

Drives: Cadillac CTS
Send a message via MSN to Jeff
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
Wow, without the camo i'm falling on love even more
I didn't get an e-mail this time , maybe it got lost or something?

I still think this car may have a cowl only because i still see +- 10in of the hood and the cowl is at least 15 in, look at the Camaro on top of the site logo. I'm not tryin to bash you or anything Dragon I'm just tryin to stay optimistic .
Honestly I hope they put a small cowl hood on it. Camaro's look excellent with cowl hoods.

sorry guys.. sold Camaro and got a Cadillac CTS, waiting for a few years to get a 2010 SS used ;]
Jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM   #48
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
no, no, no! I wasn't saying that there won't be a cowl hood on the production model.:eek:Heresy. I was saying along the lines of the spoiler thing, that it's a prototype, and it's purpose is not for looks but function.

My exact line of thinking:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
And i imagine that most cosmetic details won't be included in this prototype. The concept was for form, the prototype is for function. Next step is to merge the two together
Old 10-16-2007, 10:37 PM   #49
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFlaZ View Post
I still think this car may have a cowl only because i still see +- 10in of the hood and the cowl is at least 15 in, look at the Camaro on top of the site logo. I'm not tryin to bash you or anything Dragon I'm just tryin to stay optimistic.
Now that you mention it, the cowl might be just out of frame. Damm GM and their secrecy!
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2007, 11:46 PM   #50
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
This is probably a stupid question, but what is that on the windshield/ by the windshield wipers??

Old 10-16-2007, 11:48 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
A speeding ticket....already....

i thought at first it looked like papers, of some kind....but now it almost looks like a bottle.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #52
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
A speeding ticket....already....
ROFL I was thinkin of that too! Also was thinkin it might be a flyer of some kind . I hate flyers on my car after I park it at a store or something.
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:01 AM   #53
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
The prototype looks like the concept car federalized and modernized for market. I especially like the smooth transition from the base of the windshield to the A pillar, which is more rounded, more steeply raked than the concept car. The wheels are just like the concepts and look to be about "19. I just hope they're the same size all around, as the front wheel looks obscured by the angle the shot was taken. Overall, this photo shows that we have a lot to look forward to.
Kudos to GM Design, looks like they have another hit on their hands!
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 01:12 AM   #54
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
yeah...agreed.

Again...just a prototype. They won't go to extroardinary lengths to deck it out w/ all the options. There's still a lot of time....and those bits and peices of info will continue to trickle in.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 03:32 AM   #55
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
It's nice to see something and I'm not worried. Yet.

The wheels look small, the bra(s) will hide the detail (and spoilers) and I reckon they'll have kept the hood and roof ridges/scoops and other bits and bobs too.

As long as I can whack on some 20s (they look like 19s) I think I'll be happy.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2007, 04:09 AM   #56
hftech

Drives: 2000 Chevy Camaro Z28!
hold on...

wait, the post on the main page says "2010" Camaro....Thought it was going to be a 2009, released in what...possibly January 09??? I don't want to have to wait any longer!!!
hftech is offline   Reply With Quote