Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-14-2014, 10:23 AM   #15
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
And cts, according to the guy in the video. Still didn't know that's what chevy was going to put in their Camaro, until now. I guess it was a good assumption, and this guy in the video is by no means the end all be all. But he seems pretty confident in his report.

I guess what i'm saying is, I've only seen people say there would be a Turbo 4, that would be below the v6 option. I didn't know the actual specs.
Gotcha. It's still a guess, mostly. I would expect them to use the 2.0T or make a new 2.5T for the Camaro. Then have the new V6 as the mid tier. SS will have the LT1. That new Mustang is gonna have some trouble...
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:30 AM   #16
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
I didn't know the turbo 4 was going to be a for sure option till now. Specs I would still put up in the air. But this guy's has been on point all the times I've seen him announce something. His supporting cast are ideas lol. I doubt that was the 6th Gen in T4. I can see ATS 2.0t working in a lighter Camaro.

And for those talking about nothing new go else were. Some of us don't live on the forums all day long. It's news to me and many others. So waste your post else where.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 07-14-2014, 10:32 AM   #17
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Gotcha. It's still a guess, mostly. I would expect them to use the 2.0T or make a new 2.5T for the Camaro. Then have the new V6 as the mid tier. SS will have the LT1. That new Mustang is gonna have some trouble...
+1, if I had the turbo option when I got the LLT I would be all over the 2.0t.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #18
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I didn't know the turbo 4 was going to be a for sure option till now. Specs I would still put up in the air. But this guy's has been on point all the times I've seen him announce something. His supporting cast are ideas lol. I doubt that was the 6th Gen in T4. I can see ATS 2.0t working in a lighter Camaro.

And for those talking about nothing new go else were. Some of us don't live on the forums all day long. It's news to me and many others. So waste your post else where.

Honestly, although likely it is still just speculation at this point. We really won't know the engine lineup for the 6th gen for a while.
Old 07-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #19
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Agreed...

I had a Focus ST, which has the 2.0 I4 EcoBoost... I actually really like the way it sounded!!! I found it easier to get a good sound out of it than a V6...

Here is the dyno after a couple bolt-ons, but mainly from the tune...

Eventually though, i found I was never really going to like the FWD and went back to a RWD...

Of course these same discussions are happening in the Mustang world, as Ford is bring the I4 EcoBoost to the Mustang....
There's a Focus ST at my local track running high 13's with just a tune... I'm ok with a turbo 4 cyl being offered. I'd bet a modded, tuned turbo 4 with the boost turned up a little would walk away from a full bolt on NA v6 all day long. The 4 cyl guys will be telling the 6 cyl guys "Shoulda got a 4 cylinder"; not the other way around like some think it will be
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #20
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
There's a Focus ST at my local track running high 13's with just a tune... I'm ok with a turbo 4 cyl being offered. I'd bet a modded, tuned turbo 4 with the boost turned up a little would walk away from a full bolt on NA v6 all day long. The 4 cyl guys will be telling the 6 cyl guys "Shoulda got a 4 cylinder"; not the other way around like some think it will be
That's exactly what will happen. One of my buddies wants to get an Ecoboost Mustang and he and I already planned out what he's going to do to the car... My car won't keep up unless I go boost lol.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
Old 07-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #21
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
That's exactly what will happen. One of my buddies wants to get an Ecoboost Mustang and he and I already planned out what he's going to do to the car... My car won't keep up unless I go boost lol.
I've owned a turbo 4 before and it was easy power with minimal effort. Add a larger intercooler, boost control, afr gauge, exhaust, down pipe, and tune. You should unleash about 100 f/rwhp easy with out turbo upgrade. Add in E85 or meth to the mix and that's a whole other ball game.

Old 07-15-2014, 09:11 AM   #22
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I've owned a turbo 4 before and it was easy power with minimal effort. Add a larger intercooler, boost control, afr gauge, exhaust, down pipe, and tune. You should unleash about 100 f/rwhp easy with out turbo upgrade. Add in E85 or meth to the mix and that's a whole other ball game.

Exactly! He also wants to add in a second larger turbo behind the twin scroll eventually... just because.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:32 AM   #23
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Always been a fan of the WRX STi. Was thinking about picking up a new one for a daily driver. runs 13.1 stock. downpipe and tune, and 12's will be easy. turbo 4, 305hp/290tq in a 3300lb car...
Old 07-15-2014, 10:43 AM   #24
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Always been a fan of the WRX STi. Was thinking about picking up a new one for a daily driver. runs 13.1 stock. downpipe and tune, and 12's will be easy. turbo 4, 305hp/290tq in a 3300lb car...
I'll take a turbo 4 Camaro before a V6 Camaro any day. The potential is so high and the engine internals are already built to handle boost to a certain extent.

Old 07-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #25
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
I traded in an 07 WRX STi on my first Camaro... It was a lot of fun... For a while.

It looks like people are thinking the EB 4 cyl Mustang is going to run mid 13's right out of the box... If so, it should be a piece of cake to get it into the 12s.
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:10 PM   #26
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
I traded in an 07 WRX STi on my first Camaro... It was a lot of fun... For a while.

It looks like people are thinking the EB 4 cyl Mustang is going to run mid 13's right out of the box... If so, it should be a piece of cake to get it into the 12s.
I think mid 13's is asking a lot. do we know the specs for the turbo 4 mustang? The main reason I say this, is because of the weight of the mustang. i'm going to guess high 13's at best. like 13.7 or 13.8.
Old 07-15-2014, 01:05 PM   #27
DSX_Camaro

Quote:
I think mid 13's is asking a lot. do we know the specs for the turbo 4 mustang? The main reason I say this, is because of the weight of the mustang. i'm going to guess high 13's at best. like 13.7 or 13.8.
I think it's 305/300 right now, subject to change. 6 speed manual or auto plus 3.15, 3.31 or 3.55s - again, I don't remember which.
Old 07-19-2014, 11:22 PM   #28
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Logically, those who want a V8 camaro should praise and demand Chevy make a 2.0T available. Better mpg average for the EPA means the V8s can stay longer.

Any V8 lover who is opposed to it is not thinking strategically.

"It's tradition!"

The Camaro, Firebird, and mistang had 4 cyl. Only thing new is these 4 cyl are very good.
TastyBake is offline   Reply With Quote