Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #687
NC_SG_SS

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
update to all, i am waiting to meet with a GM rep...please know i have indicated several times my understanding of color shift and reflections off angles etc..i have a very trusted independent verification of the issue. i have looked at the car on different surfaces, white concrete, gravel, black ashpalt etc...i am not going to stand on a box and insist i am completely correct, but i will wait till a GM rep, and myself cover the issue...the 708S formula has serveral colors in the base coat, as most metallics do, again if this is a reflection issue, IMO it is the only negative of the paint or application.(but the shading issue seems most prompent on the doors) another member and myself had our cars produced very close in date...i have not submitted any more pics since we have had bad weather this week, hopefully decent tomorrow...also with regards to angles this issue is clearly seen from the front, side or directly in front of the area in question. again, i didnt jump out of my car and insist this was a problem(i observed the car over 3 weeks in different light and on diff surfaces, and like all of u thought it was just the reflections that the paint produces in certain light, etc) , i also reviewed the GM TSB specificially about color diff in doors and panels that applied to 2010 camaro and im sure 2011 camaros as well. to be honest, i am hoping i dont have to take any action at all, but like all of u, i paid good money for a car and color i absolutely love, so i am protecting my investment, and more importanty, this may be a legitimate issue, so i will put up with some more pics, and the response from the field GM rep..if the GM rep says no its fine and that is not what i agree with, then i will have to go it alone or leave it alone...obviously, any painting i do on my own would void my warranty on the factory paint..so i am not taking this lightly...thanks for all the honest input, but i wanted all responders to understand that i waited and did some background before i posted....in the end this maybe negative of the mix and one of few downsides of owning syn green(dont worry i am not going to get rid of it, the color was why i bought the car), but again i will wait until the facts are in...keep posting...thanks to all...
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc

Last edited by NC_SG_SS; 10-27-2010 at 07:29 AM.
NC_SG_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #688
apeko

Drives: 2011 2-SS/RS SGM
I think i would rather live with the hardly noticeable problem than ruin the originality of the power coat factory paint job. Just my opinion. I think its just an illusion but good luck with the repaint.

Last edited by apeko; 10-27-2010 at 08:08 AM. Reason: add word
apeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 AM   #689
apeko

new
Old 10-28-2010, 02:42 AM   #690
NC_SG_SS

still waiting on GM rep, and saw the plant had a mandatory shutdown in sept to update paint process, no clue if issues were found or just to update paint for caddy's that will be added to plant..in the meantime, i wanted to show i still love my syn green got some engine dress fresh from RPI designs...the lighting was not that great..it was lousy weather this week. getting greenshoundtooth inserts in DEC, so this will tie this theme in..the green looks darker to the hydrocarbon, but overall i think Josh and the guys at RPI did a great job..i have a speedo cluster going in..i am working on dash strip ABL project in progress, thanks to 2SS/RS's help..i will hopefully make some gains there..
anyway...just wanted to share...

egine bay

fuse cover

airfilter cover

brake/clutch common rez cover

a peak at my SLP ZL front sways hiding
2011 2SS/RS SGM KAE, MN6, SLP ZL sways. TPC strut tower brace, GMPP Exhaust,roto-fab cai, pfadt lowering springs, Pedders subframe inserts, radius arm and steering rack inserts. 69 camaro fender and hood badges,heritage grill with orig SS badge, AAC green and white LEDs, RJM designs interior with green houndstooth seats inserts, suede headliner, Berger Chevrolet rear blackout big block tribute, 3stage white gold diamond pearl custom rally stripes by ayers custom paint concord, nc
Old 10-28-2010, 07:43 PM   #691
paytnom

Drives: 2012 KIA Forte; 2011 2SS/RS - SGM
My car was built 8/13/10. Set it in the sun for 2 hours Sunday so I could look at it from different angles and different directions of the sun rays. Also turned it around so the passenger side was to the sun. Did not see any of the variations like you discribed.
paytnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:58 PM   #692
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
This is a VERY hard color to spray right:

[IMG]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii115/RevXtreme1/GreenMettali****.jpg[/IMG]
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:40 PM   #693
NC_SG_SS

thanks for looking...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paytnom View Post
My car was built 8/13/10. Set it in the sun for 2 hours Sunday so I could look at it from different angles and different directions of the sun rays. Also turned it around so the passenger side was to the sun. Did not see any of the variations like you discribed.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:44 PM   #694
xXYumiChiiXx

Drives: Black mercades(Soon a green camaro)
I love the green ones. I really do its my favorite color, ( have green iphone case and green headphones soon to be a green bedroom too lol)
Old 10-31-2010, 05:39 PM   #695
apeko

Do any one know the following specs for a 2011 SS L99 automatic transmission.
1. Top speed
2. 0-60 time
3. 1/4 mile time
4. 1/4 mile top speed
5. 60-0 stopping feet
I know the green color is the fastest but i would like to know by how much LOL!
Thanks

Last edited by apeko; 11-01-2010 at 06:47 PM.
apeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #696
GreenHornette
<3

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Synergy Green Camaro
Hey All,
I'm new to this whole forum thing. My husband and I just bought our 2011 Synergy Green 1SS yesterday
GreenHornette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #697
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornette View Post
Hey All,
I'm new to this whole forum thing. My husband and I just bought our 2011 Synergy Green 1SS yesterday
Congrats!! Welcome. You will find a lot of helpful and friendly people here and a lot of ideas for modifications or just accent pieces to your car.
Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:42 PM   #698
GreenHornette
<3

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Synergy Green Camaro
Thanks Mrvnmartian! I've already found some stuff I wanna do
Has anyone seen/found rubber floor mats? All I keep seeing is carpeted ones.. and I don't wanna mess those up when it rains/snows.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #699
Mrvnmartian

Drives: 2010 SGM 1LT (Manual)
Yeah I've found these cars are a lot of fun to customize. Almost as much as a motorcycle.

Weather tech or some other aftermarket floor mat companies should have something that fit. I found some Marvin the Martian floor mats. They are a little wide for the space, but they I like them.
Attached Images

Mods: Flowmaster, Solar Gard Window Tint, Front Bowtie from Gary's Customs, Green LED dome & trunk lights from AAC, Painted calipers used G2 paint, Emblem Pro underhood bowtie, Stealth Bulb turn signals.
Mrvnmartian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:03 PM   #700
gml1998

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHornette View Post
Thanks Mrvnmartian! I've already found some stuff I wanna do
Has anyone seen/found rubber floor mats? All I keep seeing is carpeted ones.. and I don't wanna mess those up when it rains/snows.
I have weather tech floor liners.They are digitally fit and are plastic,no carpet.Not the cheapest but very nice.
gml1998 is offline   Reply With Quote