Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-31-2009, 09:25 PM   #29
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
if you can get your parents to get it for you go for it!

dont hate on the kid =P

but since your 16 what they say goes...and as far as insurance, its gonna be through the roof for you...the car i wanted for my first car was a 2001 caddy eldorado(and i was 18)...my father just laughed at me and said he got 5k from his tax returns to find something in that price range...i was a stubborn teenage and said i didnt want no cheap shit and he ended up spending the money on his own truck buying an exhaust, push gaurd, visor, neon lights under the car(that was to piss me off) and few other lil things...and i ended up settling for a 400 dollar 87 nissan stanza he got from his friends junk yard...so take my advice and take what you can cuz it could be worse...plus your only 16 and its ur first car...im happy i didnt get that eldorado then cuz i would destroyed it(not by crashing it but just by driving it in the ground)....dont worry your day will come when the time is right...................
Old 03-31-2009, 09:35 PM   #30
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestripes17 View Post
my dad has brought me home corvettes, roush, g8s to drive before and now he says i dont need it cause my mom doesnt want me in it he would get it for me but its always the mom
Moms are smart sometimes!!!
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:44 PM   #31
RS/SS
The wait is over!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS IOM
Quote:
my dad has brought me home corvettes, roush, g8s to drive before and now he says i dont need it cause my mom doesnt want me in it he would get it for me but its always the mom
Your Dad realizes this old saying.... "Happy wife, happy life". So he will take the side of your mother in this case, which BTW she's absolutely correct to not want her 16 year old son behind the wheel of a 426HP automobile.
RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:54 PM   #32
dvredc6427

Drives: 08 Z06 427, 03 BMW M5, 04 SSR
The saying goes you get out of life what you put into it. A new $38,000 426HP Camaro at age 16-17 is asking for an awful lot - before paying the price. Great that your grandparents are willing to give you a very sizeable amount of money but do a reality check and give this a lot of thought - as much thought as a teenager can give it. Look around and see how many hard working and much older adults in their 20's, 30's & 40's are driving cars that cost $38,000 large. A pretty small percentage even in affluent areas of the country. Not to burst your bubble or dream but your dad's probably right - too much car for an inexperienced driver. Make your dad a deal - agree to get a used one in 1-2 years IF you bust your ass for him AND show him the maturity you should have to deserve something few adults will get. Convince him to spend a few thousand of that money coming from your grandparents to go to a 2-3 day advanced driving school so you won't kill yourself or your friends or me if you get any performace car. Your dad should appreciate you being willing to wait a year or two AND that you want to learn how to drive properly before you get something like a Camaro. Take it from a 49 year old who had a very generous father. Don't expect too much and you will always be pleased with what you get rather that always wishing for what you don't have. It's a much better way to go through life. Show the respect your father and everyone else deserves and good luck.
dvredc6427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:08 PM   #33
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
i know how to drive ive been driving all over for at least 2 1/2 years but they dont know that
so your 16 and you've been driving for 2 years?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Old 03-31-2009, 10:14 PM   #34
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Here's the deal. You love a great car. It contains a high amount of badassery, but you likely don't have the maturity to drive it yet. Yes—you probably can handle the horsepower and torque, but I'm not sure that you're prepared for a car this badass. You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:23 PM   #35
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
god dude, you do not need a camaro at 16. . . nor any car with 300+ hp.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 PM   #36
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Good luck with that kid.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #37
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Here's the deal. You love a great car. It contains a high amount of badassery, but you likely don't have the maturity to drive it yet. Yes—you probably can handle the horsepower and torque, but I'm not sure that you're prepared for a car this badass. You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.

Go for the V6. And after a couple years if you and your parents think you're ready trade up.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:52 PM   #38
whitestripes17

Drives: Chevy Silverado 1500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
I totally wanna pay for it!!!

i will take you up on that
whitestripes17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:03 PM   #39
soverydeb

Drives: 2010 2LT Camaro Blk/Blk
way back when I was in high school, (and we are talking many years here) a guy I knew had a hot sports car...for a month...ended up wrapping it around a telephone pole, broke his jaw and his arm...not cool. Not saying this will happen to you, but I really wouldn't want to see it happen to you so young. Get a beater, because when you go off to college, your car will be trashed due to everyone else's irresponsibility. Trust us adults here, just looking out for you.
soverydeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:39 PM   #40
jakemaxx

Drives: 1969 impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
426hp is wayyyyy too much if your not an experienced driver.
i am 16 buying this car with all of my own money. and 400hp isnt that insaine amount of power so just practice alittle you can get it.
Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 PM   #41
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
i am 16 buying this car with all of my own money. and 400hp isn't that insane amount of power so just practice a little you can get it.
400 is actually quite an insane amount of horsepower. At least all the insurance companies say so...
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #42
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakemaxx View Post
i am 16 buying this car with all of my own money. and 400hp isnt that insaine amount of power so just practice alittle you can get it.
lol

i'll be 21 when I get the car. Driven for long enough with enough cars to know how 400hp feels like. It's hard to handle the car when you do something stupid which at 16 you are. Get over yourself.
plus i said an experienced driver, you are not experienced at 16 as much as you or your friends would like to think so.

when you can avoid hitting a light pole and a bus full of people, while going sideways at 50mph, then and only then shall I even think of considering you an experienced driver.

Tags
2ss, camaro, car, fast