Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 05-19-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Drives: 2012 Black ZL1
BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream Screwup!!!

To all those who ordered a 2010 Camaro from BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream,
WE GOT SCREWED !!!!

I am on the phone with GM District Sales Manager and here's what I was told:
BiCal Chevy had some computer ordering system failure (either new program, computers, or something) and all orders placed in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb were all "lost" and were re-ordered in March. We were all dropped down the list. Were any of you told about this?

So, as I'm typing, I get Mr. Francis Lynch on the phone who tells me the only way to expedite the order (possibly, and this is a big possibly) is to offer the dealer MORE allocations, making their orders a higher priority!!!! Great for GM to REWARD the screwup dealer by allowing him to sell more Camaro's!!!

Can anyone believe this crap? I'm not done...if you go high enough, one person can make the decision to make a black on black 2SS/RS the first car not already assigned a VIN mine.

[NO COZY SMILIES HERE]

KEEP WATCHING NBC NEWS FOR THE STORY....
Blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #2
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
This smells a little funny. Post your order # and one of the dealer here can check on it for you.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Smokintires
Great Member

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro SS/RS
wow that sucks I will be keeping tabs on that tho. I ordered from Huntington CHEVY so Im fine.
Smokintires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Someone is full of it. Think about this for a second - when you order a car, it gets entered in Workbench which is a GM system, not a dealers system. The moment the order is in Workbench, it is with GM. Something smells really bad here...
Old 05-19-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotpa View Post
This smells a little funny. Post your order # and one of the dealer here can check on it for you.
NJNJZJ
Old 05-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #7
autoxfreak

Drives: 1997 Z-28
got screwed too

My mother-in-law and i both ordered our camaros from apple chevy in york pa. she was no#1 and i was no#3 on their list sometime in march they called her to confirm her order before it went to production i was told in a week or two i'd get a call to confirm my order as well. five weeks went by and no call from my dealer yet so i called and the dealer told me they had already submitted my order. and to come down and go over it with them just to make sure everything was right( empty feeling in stomach) get down there and they had forgotten to order my rs package on my car. so naturally i get very upset and then the dealer tells me they will fix it. get a call yesterday from dealer that my car has arrived. then not even five minutes later the dealer calls and tells me they made a mistake. it was not my car it was the mistake car. i was like what do you mean mistake car??? back when they screwed my order up in march instead of fixing my order they kept this car for themselves and reordered in car for me. they just cost 4-5 months of wait time because my order seniority is now from march not december. I am thinking about cancelling my order with them and going somewhere else to order my car. so be warned don't order from apple chevy in york pa. oh yea my order # is D00353234 not that it means anything now!!! :mad0 260:
autoxfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:29 PM   #8
cyberbro

Drives: Not a Camaro at this time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
To all those who ordered a 2010 Camaro from BiCal Chevy in Valley Stream,
WE GOT SCREWED !!!!

I am on the phone with GM District Sales Manager and here's what I was told:
BiCal Chevy had some computer ordering system failure (either new program, computers, or something) and all orders placed in Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb were all "lost" and were re-ordered in March. We were all dropped down the list. Were any of you told about this?

So, as I'm typing, I get Mr. Francis Lynch on the phone who tells me the only way to expedite the order (possibly, and this is a big possibly) is to offer the dealer MORE allocations, making their orders a higher priority!!!! Great for GM to REWARD the screwup dealer by allowing him to sell more Camaro's!!!

Can anyone believe this crap? I'm not done...if you go high enough, one person can make the decision to make a black on black 2SS/RS the first car not already assigned a VIN mine.

[NO COZY SMILIES HERE]

KEEP WATCHING NBC NEWS FOR THE STORY....

I knew they were full of shit!
They always had one more allocation just for the next person in the door.

Also the computer story I'm sure is the cover story and not the real story.
2000 9/22/15 (Order changed)

2016 2SS With Auto, NPP, MRC, Nav, Split 5 Spoke Bright Aluminum.
cyberbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:40 PM   #9
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
yet this is all true i must say i know several people that ordered here my order number was changed but my car is on order im at 3300 right now and i ordered from them i heard from several people the orders were deleted by accident and it was re entered fishy yes-but i see no problem as my car is moving up the ranks- so for now i will not worry

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #10
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I don't know the whole story but let me shed some light on this.

When you go in to check your preliminary orders (1100), there is a drop down menu that will allow you to delete every single order with two clicks. If the wrong person gets in to GM Order Workbench, this kind of thing could happen.

It sucks but sometimes shit happens.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Blacksunshine
I know it was a mustang!

Update: On 5/20, I took a shot at emailing the NA VP of Sales & Marketing. I guessed his email correctly and got a reply. On 5/21, my dealer called to say he got 4 cars accepted for production. No news story, but if you go high enough, you'll get shit done! Guess what? Now that I've seen a RJT in person, I want to change my order from black to RJT. I'll see if it can be done, I really hope so, the RJT looks so hot!
Old 05-28-2009, 05:17 PM   #12
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunshine View Post
Update: On 5/20, I took a shot at emailing the NA VP of Sales & Marketing. I guessed his email correctly and got a reply. On 5/21, my dealer called to say he got 4 cars accepted for production. No news story, but if you go high enough, you'll get shit done! Guess what? Now that I've seen a RJT in person, I want to change my order from black to RJT. I'll see if it can be done, I really hope so, the RJT looks so hot!
Are you in that group of 4?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
2ndTimeAround

Drives: Lexus SUV
i ordered from bical 2nd week of november. i spoke to the GM there and he told me that yes, all the original orders were deleted and he re-issued me a new number. that was some time in april. mine was on constraint due to color so i was automatically in delay. according to my convo with him about 2 weeks ago my car was pulled for production. he said that he didn't know the exact event code but that it was between 2500-3700. that's all i know.

what i don't understand is exactly when were these orders supposedly deleted? my order was placed in early november and some time in december i got my welcome kit. so when the heck did this big delete happen?
2ndTimeAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:36 PM   #14
2ndTimeAround

Drives: Lexus SUV
my original order # NFZS9J that they say was deleted

my re-issued order # NJNJT3
2ndTimeAround is offline   Reply With Quote