Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-10-2010, 03:06 PM   #15
Johnnyma45
Former Camaro Owner

Drives: 2011 Dodge Charger R/T
Ouch...that is the definition of "insult to injury". Fight it in court! Man, you would think LEOs in LA county would know their cars.
Old 12-10-2010, 03:08 PM   #16
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. A good lawyer should be able to make that office look like a real ass. I'd push the issue.
Spend $500 for a lawyer to fight a ticket that has no fine?
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #17
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
Not true. The license plate "SSENVY" and driver info is correct. That's all that matters in traffic court.
The info on nthe ticket is required to be accurate if not it is grounds for dismissal.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgit View Post
Is your windsheild actually tinted? If not just go to any local PD and fill out a "fix-it" form, show them that you had it removed and you want to know if they'll dismiss the ticket. lol
That's what I was wondering...until the officer made it clear she means front side windows.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone...I was hoping the misprinted info means voided ticket.

upflying ...you studying law or something? It sounds like you're pretty certain on that...which equals bummer for me.
gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:12 PM   #19
Tricky's SS

Drives: 2010 Pace Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennor View Post
I wouldn't bet on it. A good lawyer should be able to make that office look like a real ass. I'd push the issue.
As long as you don't plan on driving where that officer patrols again. You may get away with it this time, but it may cost you a lot more in the long run. I would pay the ticket and move on.
Tricky's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #20
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
wrong info on vehicle so the ticket will be thrown out. An officer gave me a ticket with a mistake on my address and the judge threw it out.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:17 PM   #21
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
no it doesnt matter if they mess up anything on the ticket they have to dissmiss it regardless if its the same class this happened to my friend b4 they screwed up the kind of car and in the system when they look up the ticket the plates didnt match to the car so since its false info it got thrown out you dont even need a lawyer for this all you do is show up and when they see that your cars registration is for a camaro and the ticket is for a mustang they cant legally give you that ticket

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:18 PM   #22
CC Performance
Account Suspended

Drives: 99 Camaro SS, 79 z28, 70 GTX
Get it fixed have it written off on problem solved. If you got tagged for it once it will happen again.

As far as the info being wrong and it being thrown out?? Its a tint violation..LOL it will be up to judge and his attitude that day. Its not a moving violation so there aren't any real circumstances, no real reason to dismiss it is the way it could be looked at. Its an officer safety issue, I wouldn't mess with it, I would just fix it and not have to deal with it ever again. Yea I sound like dad...LOL

Better just to handle it correctly. I haven't seen a judge yet that would not drop the charge if the issue was fixed, but get on their wrong side and you wont like it.

I got popped for unregistered once and had it dropped within 2 hrs of receiving the ticket. Just got the registration handled and went to see the judge. All they want to see is you taking account and responsibility for stuff like this. Moving violations are different.

Last edited by CC Performance; 12-10-2010 at 03:29 PM.
CC Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:23 PM   #23
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmg69 View Post
That's what I was wondering...until the officer made it clear she means front side windows.

Thanks for the positive thoughts everyone...I was hoping the misprinted info means voided ticket.

upflying ...you studying law or something? It sounds like you're pretty certain on that...which equals bummer for me.
I write these for a living. Every once in a while I will get a make and model mixed up. Something like a Toyota Corolla and a Kia Spectra for example. Mistakes happen and it does not diminish legal substance of the citation.
If you bring up the vehicle make and model defense the officer will testify that you were the driver and the license plate written for the car was correct. License plate information is far more compelling evidence of the correct car than getting the make and model wrong. Lot's of cops aren't car people.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:25 PM   #24
MichaelH
SOCAL HT5

Drives: 2013 BRM ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
I write these for a living. Every once in a while I will get a make and model mixed up. Something like a Toyota Corolla and a Kia Spectra for example. Mistakes happen and it does not diminish legal substance of the citation.
If you bring up the vehicle make and model defense the officer will testify that you were the driver and the license plate written for the car was correct. License plate information is far more compelling evidence of the correct car than getting the make and model wrong. Lot's of cops aren't car people.
well i know in ohio no matter what if you screw anything up on a ticket it gets thrown out so mayb its different in cali than

Old vehicles
2010 CGM Camaro (sold)
Other Vehicles:
2008 Kawasaki ZX6R-115 RWHP in mid summer
2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS- For Sale; Lots of extras
MichaelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:35 PM   #25
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Sorry to hear about the ticket...:(
But I wanted to be the 1st...
to wish you an upcoming...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

(just trying to cheer you up...)
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:36 PM   #26
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
The question is-are your windows illegally tinted? Ifso get them fixed or possibly continue to get cited.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #27
gmg69

Drives: 2010 Twin Turbo SS, Summit White
Well I'd hate to rip the tint off cause it's a key factor in the overall look of the SW's. As far as running into the same officer...I don't think that will happen. I live in Ventura, and got stopped on PCH in Malibu. It was weird too...I look up ahead and there's traffic merging into one lane, with cones out. I see about 4 patrol cars and a motorcycle. So I'm thinking there's an accident or something. I proceed through slowly...and there's a plain clothes guy with a radio standing on the center median. As soon as he see's me...he's on his radio. Then about another 200 feet or so...the cops flag me in to the side. I pull up behind a new black Mustang and other various sports cars in the group. Turns out they were just nailing anybody coming through that looked like they had violations. From tint, seat belts, cellphone, headphones, etc.
In the end...the officer hands me a flier that says "Traffic Safety Awareness Program". If only I was "aware" enough to just roll down my windows.
gmg69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #28
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Now that's funny, I don't care who you are.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote