Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
Installation took me about 20 minutes, and I did not have to take the wheels off. I couldn't get my socket between the rear-tire and the screws, so I had to use a right-angle screw driver. The rear mounting scheme seems a little weak, since there is about 1 1/2 inches of space between the Stealth guard and the screw hole in the car, but RPI provides a sleeve that fits over the screw and makes it a little sturdier. The sleeve and the L-bracket (stick-on adhesive) make it feel reasonably sturdy, but time will tell.

I haven't had time to wash my car, so it's hard to tell how much cleaner that area will stay, but the insides of the Stealth guards are already filthy, so they are definitely keeping alot of crap from flying onto the car.

In my opinion, the cost and design are worth the risk. It will take some time to determine if they will hold up for the long run, but so far, it's definitely worth it. They don't detract from the looks of the car, and they are definitely blocking alot of junk from kicking back onto the car.
SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 AM   #58
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I received mine on Monday, but haven't installed them yet.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #59
Mark Myles

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM / Silver Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI Designs View Post
They look great, how far back do you guys want a picture? We're back 15 feet on the last pic. Let me know and we'll keep going.

LMAO.......Sorry Man!! LOL.....I didn't mean to keep riding you guys....well....maybe a little...lol.

Placed my order today!

Thanks!

M
Mark Myles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM   #60
jtzako

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
I have these installed on my IBM SS and I like the look. I dont, however, like the installation.

The front one has a clip to hold the upper part to the car, it doesnt look very good IMO and needs a 'rework' to mount that part.

The rear one uses a bracket with adhesive tape to hold the middle part flush with the car and that just wont hold up with water etc getting in there.
jtzako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 04:35 PM   #61
jmelchio
SSmokinJoe

Drives: 2010 SIM 1SS/RS M6
A few more pictures.

I finally got a chance to wash my car today, so here are a few more pictures. Now that it's clean, I'll be able to tell how much stuff they keep off of the car. I'll post an update in a week or so.
Attached Images

SLP Loudmouth II Axleback
Hurst Shifter
R1Concepts Slotted Rotors
Hawk Ceramic Brakepads

I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol.
jmelchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 10:04 PM   #62
ukalumni93

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Pics look good. My car is black so, from the looks on the lighter car, will definitely be stealth. I ordered and RPI website states they shipped on 4/22 so I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. Will post pics after install.

MODS:
SLP RTM Extractor Hood and Rear Dove Tail spoiler
Kooks LT Headers. 3in HF Cats
Magnaflow 3in Competition Cat Back
Airaid CAI
Metco Drive Shaft Safety Loop
SLP 25% Under-Drive Pulley
Diablo Predator Tune
DRL Wireless Mod
Tinted Tail and Markers
ukalumni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:13 AM   #63
RPI Designs

Drives: 2016 SS 6 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtzako View Post
I have these installed on my IBM SS and I like the look. I dont, however, like the installation.

The front one has a clip to hold the upper part to the car, it doesnt look very good IMO and needs a 'rework' to mount that part.

The rear one uses a bracket with adhesive tape to hold the middle part flush with the car and that just wont hold up with water etc getting in there.
Yes, they will. We've had them on for 8 weeks, nothing has moved them. We use 3M VHB tape, the same tape they use to keep windows in high rise buildings. Water does not touch the tape.

We've only have positive comments on these, the clip is used to keep them in place and cannot be seen unless you look from inside the wheel well.
RPI Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:38 AM   #64
RPI Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukalumni93 View Post
Pics look good. My car is black so, from the looks on the lighter car, will definitely be stealth. I ordered and RPI website states they shipped on 4/22 so I'm hoping they arrive tomorrow. Will post pics after install.
Thanks, look forward to seeing pictures!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #65
RPI Designs

Has anyone else put these on yet to share pictures with us?
Old 05-12-2010, 09:37 AM   #66
RPI Designs

We've got more in stock, waiting to be shipped out. Thanks for the orders!!
Old 05-12-2010, 09:45 PM   #67
ukalumni93

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukalumni93 View Post
Update on my original order. I ordered and RPI shipped on 4/22/2010 I waited patiently but did not receive the splash guards. I contacted the company requesting a tracking number, they provided it and to my disappointment found that the USPS had delivered but was no where to be found. I searched around the house (the weather was rough during that time and were experiencing high winds so my first thought is the package was laying in a neighbors yard or worse, in a dense wooded area), I asked the neighbors if they received anything by mistake as I seem to get mail belonging to one of them atleast weekly- no luck. I checked with my two teenage sons who, if it is not something they ordered, will collect it and not tell anyone else.....Neither had a clue. I proceeded to once again contact RPI and inform them of my efforts.
To my surprise and without my request, they informed me that they would get me another set in the mail......NO CHARGE to me! I received the splash guards yesterday and installed them today.
I am proud to have them installed on my ride because of the top notch customer service that the manufacture showed to make sure I received their product even at a loss to their bottom line. Most companies would have simply said, "tough luck"...."not our fault"..... RPI has a customer for life in me. The product is great and I highly recommend this company. Thanks!!

MODS:
SLP RTM Extractor Hood and Rear Dove Tail spoiler
Kooks LT Headers. 3in HF Cats
Magnaflow 3in Competition Cat Back
Airaid CAI
Metco Drive Shaft Safety Loop
SLP 25% Under-Drive Pulley
Diablo Predator Tune
DRL Wireless Mod
Tinted Tail and Markers
ukalumni93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 12:10 AM   #68
Blue Angel

Drives: 2010 LS ABM
Installed mine today. I like the flaps and overall they are a good product. They have the look that I have been hoping for. But,(there's always a but, isn't there?), the rear installation could use some improvement.

I couldn't get the rear flaps to lay flush with the edge of the fender. As I tightened the screws there was a slight pucker to the flaps that left about a 3/16" gap near the top third of the flap. I was hoping that the stick-on angle braces would fix this, but they didn't.

The angle braces are not at quite the right spot and once you you stick them on they're not moving.

Any suggestions?

Blue Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:42 AM   #69
goshawk823

Drives: 2017 RS convertible
email sent. I tried calling you, but I could barely hear the recording on the business phone...

I will order a set either way, but did anything come of getting these with matching body color on one side?
2010 2LT RS
2013 2SS RS

Current ride:
2017 Camaro 2LT RS convertible
goshawk823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #70
The Roc

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelchio View Post
First, I need to apologize in advance for the quality of the pictures. I wanted to wash/wax my car, but the weather in Pittsburgh has been crappy for the last few days. However, I wanted to get some pictures out. This is an old camera, and I had to stop in a parking lot and snap a few quick pictures before. I was getting a few very suspicious looks from bystanders I think Stealth is a good name, because they are very hard to notice (which is what I wanted). Low profile, blend in with tires, etc.

I'll take better pictures when the weather gets better, but here are a few on a light colored car from far away.

Thanks for the pictures! Just placed my order!
The Roc is offline   Reply With Quote