Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #141
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawj7 View Post
. Ok I have a 1000 miles on the car now and decided to spin the tires a littel, I did and smoked my clutch bad, it stuck half way up and I had to grab it and pull it up. I printed the link you provided. So do I just take this to my dealer and tell them this is the fix? Anything else I should tell them? Thanks
The stuck clutch petal should be enough.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #142
Heelhook22

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Just took my car to the dealer....no luck

Hello Team,

Just took my car to the dealer to have them look at the clutch. No luck in getting the clutch warrantied cause they said they can't reproduce the problem. I mean every morning when I get into my car the clutch pedal is stuck halfway to the floor. I have to stick my foot underneath the pedal to bring it back to the original position. It sticks halfway up under heavy load.

At any rate, I am asking for help. For those of you that live in California, can you please recomend a dealer that is sympathetic to this clutch sticking problem and will do the warranty work with no hassle? I am almost at the point that I will pay out of my pocket to have the new clutch installed. Yes, I would rather put in an aftermarket clutch, but I don't want to void the drivetrain warranty. I am willing to drive anywhere in CA. Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Heelhook
Heelhook22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:22 PM   #143
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
I had the same problem...service manager basically told me he couldnt find anything wrong, so...... I only have 450 miles on the car and I'm already pissed off. They told me if it happens again to bring it back...I said "for what? So you can keep it the whole day and not fix it again?" Maybe I should look into a different service center. Anyone know any in Northern NJ?
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #144
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Well, you are a LONG way from my dealer - Escondido. My car was done the week before last - took them 2 days to order the parts and 3 days with the car.

Quality Chevrolet, Escondido
http://www.qualitychevy.com/
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #145
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Sounds like they need a bulletin.

There are new parts.... dealers don't know how to fix it.... gee Tennessee, issue a stupid bulletin already so your customers can
get their fricken car's fixed.

Let me help you with the wording:

Step 1. Replace the clutch
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 PM   #146
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
would it be right to assume an aftermarket clutch would fit either the v8 or v6? Same with an aftermarket flywheel, if there is one?
Old 05-12-2010, 06:54 PM   #147
Russell James

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
would it be right to assume an aftermarket clutch would fit either the v8 or v6? Same with an aftermarket flywheel, if there is one?
I wouldn't assume that. Different engine and different transmission usually means different clutch parts. Flywheel will be different also due to different balancing mass.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #148
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
I wouldn't assume that. Different engine and different transmission usually means different clutch parts. Flywheel will be different also due to different balancing mass.
Ok, i was just checking because it seems odd that there would be seperate forums for the forced induction and the bolt ons, etc, but not for the transmission stuff. I've already posted in the suggestions section to maybe seperate this section as well. Thanks
Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #149
Dan@showstopper

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
So I took mine in today and I got a message on my phone a couple hours later that there is a procedure they have to do on the clutch regarding the pressure plate. At this point I'm like sweet, problem solved. Well they can't get it done by the weekend so I told them I would pick it up and bring it back Monday. I go there and the service writer shows me some paper work on the issue. It says it effects Cadillac CTS and 2010 Camaro with Aisin 6-speed. Now I don't know what to do. Should I take it back and let them figure it out or say something?
Dan@showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #150
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Let them figure it out, you know the part numbers from this thread.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #151
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
I've experienced "stinky clutch" a few times now after some spirited driving. In these instances, the clutch pedel has never become stuck on the return, and it doesn't feel like the clutch is slipping?

I wonder if I will end up having this problem, I've got 1800 miles on the car now, and it's going to the drag strip Saturday...
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:40 AM   #152
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
From what I've gathered; Stinky clutch when new is normal. The real test will be after a couple runs at the track. Hope your car doesn't do it, it's a pain in the azz to get them to correct something they can't reproduce.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:31 PM   #153
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Even after my clutch replacement, it still stinks - but I know, it was new. Monday will break it in more at the track. So far, no sticking
A good relationship with your service guy helps! He couldn't reproduce my stuck pedal either.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #154
Russell James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan@showstopper View Post
So I took mine in today and I got a message on my phone a couple hours later that there is a procedure they have to do on the clutch regarding the pressure plate. At this point I'm like sweet, problem solved. Well they can't get it done by the weekend so I told them I would pick it up and bring it back Monday. I go there and the service writer shows me some paper work on the issue. It says it effects Cadillac CTS and 2010 Camaro with Aisin 6-speed. Now I don't know what to do. Should I take it back and let them figure it out or say something?
That bulletin is only for the V-6 and Aisin.

I'd call them with a quick reminder that you have a Tremec transmission. Doing the retorque procedure for the Aisin, will equal zero results.

This was my point earlier, where they need to come out with a bulletin for the SS. Some dealers appear clueless how to fix an SS clutch, to the point of using the wrong bulletin.

Write a fricken bulletin already so your car buyers can get their cars fixed properly.