Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 PM   #57
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
SRT4 did 405rwhp on dynpak, 402rwhp on dynojet. PT cruiser did about the same. All the cars have been really close.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:15 AM   #58
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
How is a dyna pack the same when it takes out 1 pieces of resistance that varies like the wind based on tires.Wheel hp could never be the same as axle hp.....Wait a minute I think I just answered my own question.

BTW - No worries guys just stating what my experiences have been.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #59
z06-tt

Drives: 06 Z06 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADM PERFORMANCE View Post
How is a dyna pack the same when it takes out 1 pieces of resistance that varies like the wind based on tires.Wheel hp could never be the same as axle hp.....Wait a minute I think I just answered my own question.

BTW - No worries guys just stating what my experiences have been.
^^^ so after what he just said..

its safe to assume that the Dynojets AGP and Unreal have been using have probably been played with..( dirtied up the numbers) just assuming. but how else would you guys get "close" to the same numbers... id be pissed if i went to a place to get a dyno number and its be altered. :(
z06-tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #60
AGP Turbo

Drives: All things Turbocharged
Dynapack factors that in. You're spinning a big hydraulic brake, the rest is math. Very easy to factor in the average 60lb 26" wheel/tire losses.

More proof. Stock cars all across the country dyno about the same on Dynojets everywhere and UMS's Dynapack falls dead on all those too. This has been tested and gone over countless times for years. I've seen the argument the other way too when people leave UMS with a broken heart, they claim his dyno reads low. Sorry kids, facts are facts, the car did an honest 806whp and would on any good dyno.
AGP Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 03:43 PM   #61
AGP Turbo

Just looked at the datalog from the run. Car was flowing 90lb/min of airflow into a 10.8:1 motor. These turbos flow the same as ADM just made 1024whp on.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:39 PM   #62
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by z06-tt View Post
^^^ so after what he just said..

its safe to assume that the Dynojets AGP and Unreal have been using have probably been played with..( dirtied up the numbers) just assuming. but how else would you guys get "close" to the same numbers... id be pissed if i went to a place to get a dyno number and its be altered. :(
I don't think your gaining any friends with comments like these.Most see right through to your agenda.I don't always agree with AGP or Unreal, alot more than not and while Unreal is bias he is very knowledgeable and does help the community a great deal .They both seem to be stand up guys that believe in there stuff and very willing to help.You on the other hand I hadn't seen where you have contributed to the other members at all.If your going to be an effect saboteur you need to go at a slower pace and get some street cred before you jump right in.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 05:16 PM   #63
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
HE- Thanks. We don't always see eye to eye, and I am biased but I think you are a smart good guy that knows what he is talking about also. I'm up front about my bias and relationship with AGP. I did work there, when I was in college 10 years ago. Now I'm just a engineer down the road dealing with fancier stuff than turbos, but like to keep up with my friends there. Just went over to AGP earlier to talk them into watching my dogs when I'm in San Diego in 2 weeks. I can at least be nice to them online in return.

Like I said above, I've seen car after car lay down 5-10rwhp from this dyno to another.

No numbers played with. This is what it did on that day, on that dyno. That is all anyone can say. Could go do 790 on the next day, and 820 day after that. Dynos are just tools. A stock SS on this dyno does ~360rwhp, so figure the gains from stock if you want.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:26 AM   #64
z06-tt

Drives: 06 Z06 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-E View Post
I don't think your gaining any friends with comments like these.Most see right through to your agenda.I don't always agree with AGP or Unreal, alot more than not and while Unreal is bias he is very knowledgeable and does help the community a great deal .They both seem to be stand up guys that believe in there stuff and very willing to help.You on the other hand I hadn't seen where you have contributed to the other members at all.If your going to be an effect saboteur you need to go at a slower pace and get some street cred before you jump right in.
I was just saying unreal or ago should make sure the dynojets aren't played with.

Yeah I get a little negative some times. But it seems the minute facts are asked for that these two don't have to supply them.

I asked for facts. ADM called them out that the numbers were wrong. I agree with him. But I didn't call them out on it. I just asked for proof. Wouldn't you post a dyno graph and brag the shit out if a record breaking build ??
z06-tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 12:22 PM   #65
pincushin3819

Drives: 11 AGP TT SS, 14 ECS C7
Since this thread went to hell in a hand bag & totally off subject my I cludder it up more & ask when will we have info on AGP TURBO KIT FOR THE C7?
pincushin3819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #66
AGP Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pincushin3819 View Post
Since this thread went to hell in a hand bag & totally off subject my I cludder it up more & ask when will we have info on AGP TURBO KIT FOR THE C7?
Ummmm. Well, we've got a really nice Blue C7 for sale if you know anybody who wants one j/k Honestly we're busy as heck and new projects have been taking a back seat. We're also too busy to stand around high fiving and patting ourselves on the back for this 1LE. If it's a record, good for us. Our turbo kits have been over delivering every single time they are pushed so it's right in line with our usual accomplishments. We'll hype it up when we have some time.