Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Middle East

Old 10-30-2015, 02:05 AM   #1
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Moving to Dubai

Good morning. I've been working here in Dubai for almost three years. Looks like I will finally be transitioning to a permanent position. Obviously I'd want to bring my car from the US. Could someone point me to information on what the regulations are to do that. It's a modded 2011. I know I would have to put cats back on but what else is required. I'm pretty sure I've seen canned Csmaros here.
An official site with import regulations would be much appreciated. Also if anyone has info on cargo or import companies that will treat our cars how we would. It's pretty low and has an aero package so I'd like to know it's being properly taken care of. I'm sure I'd have to pay extra.
I appreciate your time.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 AM   #2
charles71

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I just retired from the military in Bahrain, not Saudi but just the same. They don't care about your cats. Tint will be the biggest thing, it is illegal there lol. I took my 2011 SS with me and its cammed and has no cats and they didn't care but the tint was a problem. Just find someone there that has a connection at their version of our dmv and you should be good. If they tell you to remove the tint you can get it put back on later and they wont care. They are corrupt. If the car is really loud that may be an issue for you since you are American but a lambo in the inspection lane next to you with the windshield blacked out and twice as loud as your car will be fine because it belongs to a sheik or some prince. Be prepared to be without your car for at least 6 weeks to two months for shipping. If the car is too low that may be a problem shipping but they try to be very careful with your car while shipping because they have to pay for all damages you claim once it arrives. There was less than 1/4 miles added to my odometer while shipping. Just do some research on companies and be there when they inspect it. They will claim scratches on a brand new car so make sure it is spotless and be anal about it.
Livernois Stage II Heads & Cam, LS7 Lifters, Ported Intake & Throttle Body, Rotofab CAI, BBK High Flow Fuel Rail @ Guage, Eaton Tru Trac Posi with 3.91 gears, 1000 HP Axels, Kooks Long tubes & full Corsa Exhaust, GM Hurst Short Throw Shifter, Mcleod RXT Twin Disc, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 1.5" Lowering Springs, Strut Tower Brace, SLP 25% Underdrive Pulley, Apex reservoir relocation kit and air scoop.
charles71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 01:38 PM   #3
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Thank you for your input. I haven't been to BahrainThe car is quite loud with headers, no cats and muffle delete. Tinted windows as well. I think that is legal here to a degree. They are the legal limit in Texas so not too dark. I'll be waiting a week or two while work sorts itself out before I begin the research in earnest. Hopefully some of the UAE Camaro Club guys will chime in. I need to know what to expect for inspection and registration costs. I haven't seen my car since CamaroFest in August so I could manage the shipping time if I know it's going to be with me daily afterwards.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 02:21 PM   #4
MoeIv

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Well being in Qatar, Dubai is more lenient when it comes to tint so you don't have to worry about that. Tons of modded cars there but you gotta be careful. They don't care about technical inspections, cats/no cats as long as your car is in a decent condition then you'll be alright. You'll have fun. And if you ever decide to visit Doha for some reason pm me I can show you around
MoeIv is offline   Reply With Quote