Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #15
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
thats just nuts, there are millions of toyotas out there, and only a few had issues.

I owned a 07 Fj Cruiser for 3 years before trading it for the Camaro, it had absolutely nothing to do with the recalls, and i never made a trip to the dealer it has been the most dependable rig i have ever owned. and i have a few friends with toyotas and no issues what so ever, and im not just talking about accelerators.

i bet you're 100 times more likely to get hit by a person using his phone or texting than being hit by a runaway toyota.
christianmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
2000v6

Drives: 2003 m3, 2000 camaro v6, 2004 s4
No reason to. If they hit me, they're paying the repair bill.
2000v6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 PM   #17
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I only worry when there is a cop in my rear view mirror. Like this morning a cop followed me for a good 8 miles. Luckily he was just going to breakfast at some cop gathering, but until our paths diverged I kept a VERY close eye on my speedometer and any road rules!

I'm a good driver, I just HATE getting tickets so much that I get nervous whenever I see a cop, even if I'm not speeding. I've gotten 2 tickets in my life, once for going 12mph over and another for driving on the median... That's over a span of 10 years. But I still can't stop the cop paranoia!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #18
Dave Coyle

Drives: 2010 SS , 1970 Z-28, 2002 Avalanche
Ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by firengnred View Post
Not being a smart ass but whenever I see a Toyota in my rear view now, I get nervous. Anyone else experience this?
Not so much a toyota, its the flashing lights I see that scares me!!!!!
Kooks 1 7/8 LT Headers/Hi-Flo Cats/Corsa Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI / Port Intake
Precission 2400/2800 Converter/3.73 AAM gears
Livernois Motorsports Tune

Best time: 11.97 @ 117 MPH
Dave Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #19
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
I only worry when there is a cop in my rear view mirror. Like this morning a cop followed me for a good 8 miles. Luckily he was just going to breakfast at some cop gathering, but until our paths diverged I kept a VERY close eye on my speedometer and any road rules!

I'm a good driver, I just HATE getting tickets so much that I get nervous whenever I see a cop, even if I'm not speeding. I've gotten 2 tickets in my life, once for going 12mph over and another for driving on the median... That's over a span of 10 years. But I still can't stop the cop paranoia!
O.o wut?
Old 03-11-2010, 04:52 PM   #20
firengnred

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2006 2500 Silverado

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words. Choose your words, for they become actions. Understand your actions, for they become habits. Study your habits, for they will become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny."
firengnred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #21
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
When I'm driving I try and keep a minimum distance between the car in front of me and the car behind. I don't care if its a Toyota, a Chevy, or anything else I try to make sure I have enough room. At any rate, if I ever do get rear ended, it will be his fault not mine so I don't let it bother me too much.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #22
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
not to sound cocky but usually im going the fastest on the road. and when someone is going faster than me. its never a toyota
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:18 PM   #23
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
not to sound cocky but usually im going the fastest on the road. and when someone is going faster than me. its never a toyota
Slow down to the speed of everyone else. You don't get any special privileges on public roads. I could go faster than just about everyone on the highway too if I wanted to. But I don't because its dangerous, irresponsible, and illegal.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:39 PM   #24
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
O.o wut?
It was a painted non-raised median. Basically I got in the left turning lane before it was actually the left turning lane to get around a line of stopped cars on the right, one of the stopped cars was a cop. I only was on the median for less than 2 car lengths. When I passed the cop I was legally in the left turning lane. He saw me in his rearview mirror and pulled me over. The worst part is, he missed the guy who literally went around me and into oncoming lanes because I had stopped halfway on the median because I saw the cop.

So let me explain this again, I started pulling out into the median, saw the cop and stopped. Another car behind me got pissed, zoomed around me in oncoming lanes (further to the left) and proceeded back into the left turning lane. The cop pulled me over and not the other guy. He claimed I had gone into oncoming lanes. But he was mistaken. He only fined me for going on the median because I think he realized he got me confused with the other guy, but to explain myself I admitted that I was on the median for about 1 car length. So he ticketed me anyway.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 PM   #25
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Slow down to the speed of everyone else. You don't get any special privileges on public roads. I could go faster than just about everyone on the highway too if I wanted to. But I don't because its dangerous, irresponsible, and illegal.
thats not what i meant. what i meant is that i try to get ahead of the wolfpacks.

generally im going 5mph faster than everyone else and well with the limits that a cop would even care (about 9mph over the speed limit)
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:00 PM   #26
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I always make sure I get behind a toyota, that way when everyone moves out of the way (if they're quick enough), I have a lead blocker.

On a serious note, I always make sure I'm looking in the mirror, if I notice it's a toyota, I will always move over and let them pass and then move back into my lane.