Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM   #15
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Not for now... but its BIG... very big stuff and you guys will know as soon as I'm allowed to spill the beans.

Exactly, and I don't disagree with you one bit. There are many ways to skin the same cat, no more than if any other customer were to make a video should we create an entire section to house it.

Thats why all his videos are still stickied at the top of the relevant sections. Its not like we deleted them or said they're worthless... they're simply not in their own section anymore. If you go to the relevant section of the site for the process you're working on and they're still stickied at the top.
But you did, and now it's gone. It was nice being all in one spot. I'll find them on YouTube grouped.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:13 PM   #16
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IOM #25223
Quote:
Not for now... but its BIG... very big stuff and you guys will know as soon as I'm allowed to spill the beans.

Exactly, and I don't disagree with you one bit. There are many ways to skin the same cat, no more than if any other customer were to make a video should we create an entire section to house it.

Thats why all his videos are still stickied at the top of the relevant sections. Its not like we deleted them or said they're worthless... they're simply not in their own section anymore. If you go to the relevant section of the site for the process you're working on and they're still stickied at the top.
Adams is expanding and taking over the world. just my guess. Kind of like AG is trying to do.
Iomcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:

I really have no clue what is going on here but I will say this much.

AJ brought ALOT, and I mean A LOT, of folks to Adam's because the stuff works when used the way he uses it. Sure they may be others who use it differently but AJ took the time to make the videos, originate the posts on this forum and basically took people like me who knew nothing about detailing, or washing a car properly for that fact, and showed them A simple way to complete a task.

I dont ever recall AJ saying his way was the only way, but it was HIS way and if you wanted the results that he achieved using Adam's products then it was the way he did it.

I have really got into the detailing thing, I enjoy it and as a consumer I don't blindly close my eyes and drink the cool-aid...You have to show me.

I am sure there are products out there that are just as good or even better than Adam's products, I am not fool enough to think Adam's is the be-all of detailing supplies.

I buy Adam's because of the service and I like the stuff.

To me AJ ADDS credibility for Adams....kinda like an independent research lab does when they verify products, except he does it because he likes it, so what if he zigs when you zag.

To me the main focus should be letting EVERYONE know how flexible Adam's products are.....AJ's way, my way, Dylans way,Darth Emma's way etc....to me that is a great benefit not a hinderance as long as you are getting the desires results.

This all sounds silly to me, but then again I have no clue what is really about....still seems silly. JMHO
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 01:36 PM   #18
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Think about it this way. If he's NOT on the site, they and their followers can point to him and say "Look, this INDEPENDENT detailer uses exclusively Adams products." Him not being on the site only helps them. By now, word of mouth have made Junkman and Adams synonymous and he's still going to kick all of his followers over to Adam's. And the Adams followers will still kick all the new people over to his YouTube channel.

I'm not saying this was their reason, but either way, it's smart as hell from a marketing standpoint.
Old 03-21-2012, 02:40 PM   #19
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
To me the main focus should be letting EVERYONE know how flexible Adam's products are.....AJ's way, my way, Dylans way,Darth Emma's way etc....to me that is a great benefit not a hinderance as long as you are getting the desires results.
By that logic then shouldn't all the information be on semi-equal footing within the forums? The options are give every person with a valid opinion their own sub section or just share them all in one area. We can't realistically have a corner and subforum for every person who may have a valid level of input in processes. Our forum would be a mess! Dylans corner, Adams corner, Lynns corner, Junkmans corner, Lens corner, Phils corner, etc, etc. Now, if you need info on machine polishing... BAM... machine polishing section houses ALL the info, not just one persons or the companies, but all.

In the end its much ado about nothing... we were aware that there would be some people who didn't like the idea, but from a business standpoint its a decision that had to be made. When our customer service reps get calls asking to be 'transferred to junkman' with any regularity theres obviously some confusion as to what his role is with us. That confusion creates issues outside of simply whos video you follow - Should AJ be expected to interact with customers in a capacity consistent with our customer service policies? I don't think so... hes not a paid employee so hes free to conduct himself however he chooses. Theres been times hes disagreed with forum members and maybe not been as sensitive as he should have been... but he certainly shouldn't be expected to.

Also, if you guys had any idea of whats brewing behind the scenes right now you'd have a much clearer understanding why its important to clarify these relationships and roles.

Last edited by Adam's Polishes; 03-21-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:26 PM   #20
Tecca

Drives: ...
When I came back over here I told myself I don't want any part of anything related to Adams. However I cannot resist not voicing my opinion here.

First off I think it is the right move that Adam and Adam's as a company is taking.

....and to those who think it is bad on a marketing standpoint, it is 50/50 I know plenty of people who will use Adams more if they distance themselves "some" from AJ. Myself included. However there are some that will be upset. Eventually those who are upset will forget.

Anyway I think it is a smart move but again this is only my opinion!!!!!!
Tecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:32 PM   #21
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post
When I came back over here I told myself I don't want any part of anything related to Adams. However I cannot resist not voicing my opinion here.

First off I think it is the right move that Adam and Adam's as a company is taking.

....and to those who think it is bad on a marketing standpoint, it is 50/50 I know plenty of people who will use Adams more if they distance themselves "some" from AJ. Myself included. However there are some that will be upset. Eventually those who are upset will forget.

I can't wait to see the changes forcoming. I like companies that keep it fresh.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:59 PM   #22
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecca View Post

Haha Chris I thought of you and a couple other people as soon as I saw this. There are definitely people I know who will not buy Adam's because of certain employees, AJ being one of them. He's always been fine with me, but certain ones will be very happy about this. Like I said above, big changes aside, this is smarter for everyone.

And as for the changes, I REALLY hope we see a nano line. That's the future, I'd love to see that. Personally I'm betting its more of a restructuring thing, but I can hope.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:05 PM   #23
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
I can't wait to see the changes forcoming. I like companies that keep it fresh.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:03 PM   #24
mulletman

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Adam's will be sold at Wal-Mart!
mulletman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #25
cam fan

Drives: fast
beans will be spilled
Old 03-22-2012, 12:18 PM   #26
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Quote:
Also, if you guys had any idea of whats brewing behind the scenes right now you'd have a much clearer understanding why its important to clarify these relationships and roles.
I hope one of the changes is the new clay is coming!

-Funk
2012 Convert 2SS/RS SW/IO LS3 - Build #1081

07/21/2011 - (3800) Order produced and vehicle is being prepared for shipping.
08/09/2011 - (4200) Shipped (vehicle is shipped to the dealer or interim point of delivery).
08/16/2011 - (5000) Vehicle has been delivered to dealer.
08/19/2011 - In my possession.
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #27
Iomcamaro
The enjoyment never ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr View Post
I hope one of the changes is the new clay is coming!

-Funk
Nope.patent doesn't run out til at least the end of this year and that's if they don't get it extended for another 2 years.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 PM   #28
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iomcamaro View Post
Nope.patent doesn't run out til at least the end of this year and that's if they don't get it extended for another 2 years.
Yep... ITW now owns Automagic and they're a huge corporation with lots of money for very good lawyers that will continue to find loopholes in the patent law for as long as they can get away with it.

2010, then 2011 were supposed to be the end, both times its been pushed back... now 2012/2013 is the date, but I'm sure right around november we'll hear its been pushed back again.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote