Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2008, 07:21 PM   #15
smokn'

Drives: Banana boat
thanx fbodfather! way 2 encourage us! and no, i don't mind waiting for u to sweat the details! great find
smokn' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 10:55 PM   #16
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up great info

Thanks scott for an awesome interview. I like it there at the end about the, us keeping the faith. Nice well said.

staffordclassics.com
One of the clubs with the most 1st gen Camaros
more to join soon
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:01 PM   #17
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild_weasel View Post
Betraying my age here, I was back in high school when the Camaro was discontinued, and I was very upset because, ever since my dad had one (and sold it ), I had always wanted a Camaro. And though I never wrote a letter to GM (I figured an automotive giant would not exactly give an ear to the begging of a kid who barely had his driver's license) I like to think that those of us who desperately WANTED the Camaro's return were included in the faithful, if only by legacy.

Things I loved about the interview:
- Unadulterated metaphorical bitch slap to Ford ("BRING IT ON, PONY BOY!") :middlefinger:
- Barely giving Hyundai the time of day, only technically calling it "competition." They aren't gunning for the ricer market that much anyway
- 70%-75% finished and the engineers are still busy? I can only wonder and dream
- Basically telling people the truth, that the Chally is nothing more than non-updated sheet metal on a 300 platform
- Sweating the details! It will be worth the wait, and worth the "premium"

Thanks fbodfather. Here's to you
WildWeasel -- thanks for the kind words!

Now -- about that letter.......

I read every letter we received.

Every one.

I couldn't answer them --

...........and I was cross - eyed after a while --

............but I read every one.

Some letters were incredibly well written..............

Some talked about the passion people have for the car. Some talked about how the Camaro transcends all generations.

One particular letter had me nearly in tears -- about how a son bought his Camaro -- loved it -- but went off to war and never returned....and the father takes the car to shows in honor of his son.....

Some truly incredible letters......................

(and then there was the one that simply read "....If you drop the Camaro your gay........." ( Hint: it's 'you're' -- not 'your' ...)

Jason Debler and Chris Frezza set up a separate area of CamaroZ28.com where people could post their thoughts.

I got this idea that I'd print it out.

....................well.......................... ........

It took several evenings - and when I was finished I'd gone thru several reams of paper - and the pile of paper was impressive -- three stacks about 2 and a half feet high each...........

So -- you see -- if you choose to write a letter, you may be pleasantly surprised that someone -- somewhere -- just may read it!

The important part? You have passion for the car -- you were upset that it went on hiatus -- and -- YOU KEPT THE FAITH -- and for that I (on behalf of all GM employees) THANK YOU!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 02:17 AM   #18
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
WildWeasel -- thanks for the kind words!

Now -- about that letter.......

I read every letter we received.

Every one.

I couldn't answer them --

...........and I was cross - eyed after a while --

............but I read every one.

Some letters were incredibly well written..............

Some talked about the passion people have for the car. Some talked about how the Camaro transcends all generations.

One particular letter had me nearly in tears -- about how a son bought his Camaro -- loved it -- but went off to war and never returned....and the father takes the car to shows in honor of his son.....

Some truly incredible letters......................

(and then there was the one that simply read "....If you drop the Camaro your gay........." ( Hint: it's 'you're' -- not 'your' ...)

Jason Debler and Chris Frezza set up a separate area of CamaroZ28.com where people could post their thoughts.

I got this idea that I'd print it out.

....................well.......................... ........

It took several evenings - and when I was finished I'd gone thru several reams of paper - and the pile of paper was impressive -- three stacks about 2 and a half feet high each...........

So -- you see -- if you choose to write a letter, you may be pleasantly surprised that someone -- somewhere -- just may read it!

The important part? You have passion for the car -- you were upset that it went on hiatus -- and -- YOU KEPT THE FAITH -- and for that I (on behalf of all GM employees) THANK YOU!

Scott - I'd buy a "7th gen," if we ever make it that far, on my deathbed, even if I never got to drive it.

There's a VERY good reason many of my screen names on various websites include the term "Chevy4Ever."

It's not a wish, it's a lifestyle.

WE BELIEVE!!!
Old 04-09-2008, 02:52 AM   #19
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I don't even have the address to send a letter to GM. I think I am going to write something to scott via pm. Not tonight as I'm swamped, but I always set aside a little bit of time to come read up on the new details and to stare at my new baby.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:58 AM   #20
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
I can honestly say I've not come across a community like this before - for a car that isn't even here yet! It blows me away.

Just so you know Scott - we're just as enthusiastic over here in that little country you might know as England. It's not terribly easy to own and run a car that's built (size wise) for American roads but the Camaro is something special. I really do look forward to it's arrival here.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 AM   #21
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
"Scott: BRING IT ON, PONY BOY!"

I'd give a dollar for that bumper sticker

Last edited by Mr Twisty; 05-20-2008 at 07:26 PM.
Mr Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #22
Cyberstyx

Drives: Seat Leon 1.8 20VT
Send a message via MSN to Cyberstyx
All I know is, my closest friends simply do not believe I 'm gonna be buying THAT car, my wife doesn't believe I 'm talking all day long for THAT car that doesn't yet exist, and I can't comprehent that I 'll be driving THAT CAR with everyone dropping their jaws as a cruise by, and me needing new pumpers everytime I step on the accelerator just a tad harder...

It should be a capital crime having to w8 1 month for it, let alone a year!
Cyberstyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 07:48 PM   #23
Maddog78

Drives: 1969 Z28
Excellent thread!
Amazing community.
Maddog78 is offline   Reply With Quote