Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #15
TheAbyss

Drives: 2017 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo64 View Post
I emailed a bunch of dealers around town then took the best 2 and went for a chat with each. Turned out the 2nd was the better deal and was more willing to negotiate with me even further. Just have to see what they are willing to do for you and like said don't be afraid to walk away.

It was a vert... I believe. That seems to be the list price around me for a convertible SS
It's actually a 2SS/RS. Canada is expensive.
TheAbyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 12:30 PM   #16
TheAbyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
Talk to meltdownaverted she works at the Brooks dealership.

Hope to see you cruising the streets soon.
I just sent a PM. Thank you so much! The price at MSRP is something that can kill me, and with few dealers around, I feel that it will be hard to find something I can afford which would also work for the dealer.

How is it to drive a Camaro in our lovely winters?

EDIT: Do you know of any other dealers that have been favorable in interaction in regards to pricing for you or others in Alberta?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Welcome, TheAbyss!

It's been great to follow your Camaro story and to see that the community here has given you some great insight. Hope to hear that you've found a great deal on your first SS!

Sarah (Assisting Will)
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #18
TheAbyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Welcome, TheAbyss!

It's been great to follow your Camaro story and to see that the community here has given you some great insight. Hope to hear that you've found a great deal on your first SS!

Sarah (Assisting Will)
Chevrolet Customer Care
The community was amazing. I laughed with them, stared in awe with them and loved the C5F pictures of the first one where they all wasted time. Fbodfather sure knows how to hype up a whole community in regards to anything, and to let them calm down after the release of something (as they rarely all like it at first). PrimmaDonna's cheerfulness always gets me; her Camaro has brought her a great deal of happiness that accompanies the love of a car.
I also witnessed the rise of Chevy's new cars and the remodeling of the old ones. I always encouraged acquaintances to check out GM's lineups, and Chevy's, more specifically.

I'm still looking around! few black 2013 SS out there in Alberta, and their price is quite high for my ability. I'm trying to save a few bucks here and there in order to have a car that I want with a life that I can live. Thank you for the reply!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #19
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
hey, I stumbled upon this website and it amazed me how much it saves. Truecar.com is the site. I entered the car information as well as options that I wanted, and it prompts you for information (name, email, phone number, zip code). After that it shows a list of Truecar authorized dealerships and allows you to check boxes for them to reach out to you. Upon checking the boxes and clicking submit, I received emails from each of the 3 dealerships showing guaranteed savings as well as additional estimated savings. I was amazed since the guaranteed savings alone from one dealership beat out the invoice price configured at aol autos. One might ask, "how does a dealership sell a car below invoice?". I've heard that even the invoice price is not exactly the price that dealerships pay. Since invoice prices nowadays are accessible to the public, I've heard that the actual invoice is hidden.

Anyways, i'm not sure if it works the same for Canada, but I thought this may help you get the best deal. It sure put a smile on my face when I found I could save an additional $992 off what Aol autos said to be the invoice amount.
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #20
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieG View Post
hey, I stumbled upon this website and it amazed me how much it saves. Truecar.com is the site. I entered the car information as well as options that I wanted, and it prompts you for information (name, email, phone number, zip code). After that it shows a list of Truecar authorized dealerships and allows you to check boxes for them to reach out to you
I tried Truecar-which one dealer gave me a pretty good baseline as far as what the new car should sell for. His car was black, I wanted Blue Ray. By the time we connected, there was no time for a dealer trade.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #21
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
I tried Truecar-which one dealer gave me a pretty good baseline as far as what the new car should sell for. His car was black, I wanted Blue Ray. By the time we connected, there was no time for a dealer trade.
I would be wary if I was you about what dealers can/can't do. They will always push you to pick a car off of their lot over trading, as well as locating one over ordering.

My tips to looking for the best deal:

-know what you want and stick to it

-never accept first offers.. they are always low.. that goes for car price, trade in or finacing.. they are always too low (if they are being stubborn, give them the whole "well this dealership said....")

-if they have something on the lot that is similar, show disinterest (ex. "these extra options add more money I can't spare" "its not my style" "If im going to spend this much money, I would like it to have what i'm looking for") even if you are willing to take the vehicle they show you, stating your disinterest gives you leverage into lowering the vehicle price

-if you have a trade in.. research blue and black book values, print and bring them with you..

-use the TrueCar website! it gives even more savings then AOL Autos listed as invoice with options! if you cant get to a truecar dealer, then use the aol auto or even print out a truecar certificate from another dealership and make them compete or you'll move your business to another dealership!

--my TLDR personal story--

I made it clear that it was either my color and options, or no sale. They all tried pushing a car off their lot, failed. A few of them located one in Georgia, and the 2 that couldn't locate said I couldn't order. After telling them that I knew from calling Chevrolet themselves and finding that they can order until 6/27/13 they made up some bs story about why they thought they couldn't and offered to order.

After getting fed up with all the bs from local dealerships, I decided to drive to Rick Hendrick's Chevrolet in Georgia since they had exactly what I was looking for.
I showed them my TrueCar Certificate and the salesman said that after meeting with the higher ups, the certificate wouldn't apply because it "doesn't apply to special editions including the 1LE".. I told them that was odd since the 1LE is a selection on the website, AND the certificate only excluded the ZL1. He came back with a manager who tried to pressure me into it saying things like -you drove all the way from florida -its a rare model -you enjoyed the test drive... but I didn't budge.. and eventually caved in to giving me the true car price..
I gave them print outs for my 2013 v6 Camaro.. was blue booked at 26,000.. black book value said 23,600 but they don't have selection for 2013.. asked for 24,500 and didn't budge.. told them "im practically giving you extra money asking for 24,500.. c'mon youre already making money off the sale
On financing, got them to drop 1%... this is the only part that I feel is hard to have control over especially since I have bad credit.. but all in all I saved $3,400 over the window sticker.. I told them vinyl protection and nitrogen in the tires is not worth 100's of dollars and i'm not paying for air and clear stickers..

---------------

Anyways, gl with your purchase!
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 06:19 AM   #22
joelster

Drives: '94 Z28+ '15 Z/28
Here's one tip that a friend of mine does that works every time.

1.Go to a Ford dealer.
2.Take a test drive in a new 5.0 Mustang.
3. Drive it directly into the Chevy lot and park it next to an SS. (say you need to see them side-by-side for a proper comparison)
4. Wait for the Chevy salesman to come out.
5. Let the 2 sales guys duke it out.

You will get all sorts of extra offers like free tank of gas, oil changes for life, dealer cost plus $100, etc, etc. You will find out very quickly how low they really can go on the price.

He does this with trucks every 2 or 3 years, even though he is a die hard Ford truck guy. He'll drive a Silverado over to the Ford lot or a Dodge.
1979 Y84 Trans Am
1986 IROC-Z
joelster is offline   Reply With Quote