Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-09-2010, 11:10 PM   #197
BURNINFUEL20

Drives: 2010 Camaro Summit White LS/A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
By the way, I've been curious to note that I have not seen a lot (practically none) of discussion about the DSO Camaro at SEMA 2009. They won the category for best interior but no one seems to mention the fact that they had a STS TWIN set-up on a V-6. Seems everyone only discussed the Leno Twin. If anyone knows Chris Mangum, perhaps they can provide some additional insight. Also, I believe DSV Customs, a C5 vendor, did the interior for the car. My understanding from STS is the car has been on tour and runs fine. I had discussed with STS the benefits of a TWIN vs. Single for our V-6's but the single set-up can be made to run up to 750 HP. The issue is how much the engine/drive train can handle. Since there is a lack of "upgrades" for bottom half/drive train, I figured the single was more than enough (and much less costly). Once I get the meth/boost controller, I should be able to run up to 10 psi (but probably street a lot less).

Remote Mount Twin Turbo 2LT1 RS

Carbon fiber even makes an appearance under the hood with a carbon fiber top high-flow filter feeding the twin turbo 2LT1 RS that delivers 454hp and 427lb-ft of torque.
A full suspension upgrade of race spec coilovers, struts, and sway bars, with E8 engine mounts & suspension bushings has been provided via Pfadt Performance. A Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Package with 15” two-piece floating rotors, 6-piston calipers up front and 4-piston in the rear, provide the stopping power.

nice... i wouldnt go with twin though, single can go to 750hp, i wouldn't know what in the world to do with all that except get national coverage for a police chase
BURNINFUEL20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #198
BURNINFUEL20

Drives: 2010 Camaro Summit White LS/A6
Quote:

dude, i got so pissed becuz i thought you just posted the rob keller vid. then today i finally saw the youtube link, it sounds awesome bro, man i cant wait to get the funds together (hopefully by my bday)...
BURNINFUEL20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:48 AM   #199
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
By the way, I've been curious to note that I have not seen a lot (practically none) of discussion about the DSO Camaro at SEMA 2009. They won the category for best interior but no one seems to mention the fact that they had a STS TWIN set-up on a V-6. Seems everyone only discussed the Leno Twin. If anyone knows Chris Mangum, perhaps they can provide some additional insight. Also, I believe DSV Customs, a C5 vendor, did the interior for the car. My understanding from STS is the car has been on tour and runs fine. I had discussed with STS the benefits of a TWIN vs. Single for our V-6's but the single set-up can be made to run up to 750 HP. The issue is how much the engine/drive train can handle. Since there is a lack of "upgrades" for bottom half/drive train, I figured the single was more than enough (and much less costly). Once I get the meth/boost controller, I should be able to run up to 10 psi (but probably street a lot less).

Remote Mount Twin Turbo 2LT1 RS

Carbon fiber even makes an appearance under the hood with a carbon fiber top high-flow filter feeding the twin turbo 2LT1 RS that delivers 454hp and 427lb-ft of torque.
A full suspension upgrade of race spec coilovers, struts, and sway bars, with E8 engine mounts & suspension bushings has been provided via Pfadt Performance. A Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Package with 15” two-piece floating rotors, 6-piston calipers up front and 4-piston in the rear, provide the stopping power.

ok once again Im no genius over here nor am I claiming to be when it comes to the turbo but I thought after reading many threads on this site the turbo makes killer horse power but very little torque and if thats so how can the LT with the turbo have 427 lb -ft?
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:34 AM   #200
joejoe3rd

Drives: Grand Prix
How about using on of these for your V6?
joejoe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:35 AM   #201
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
ok once again Im no genius over here nor am I claiming to be when it comes to the turbo but I thought after reading many threads on this site the turbo makes killer horse power but very little torque and if thats so how can the LT with the turbo have 427 lb -ft?

I think you're mistaken. From what I've seen and experienced, the turbo makes good torque/hp on other cars, so why not this one? This V6 has a torque limiter built into the tune that can be tuned out(I believe).
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #202
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Since I have the 1LS, I had non fogs/drl's so I ordered a set from Bfxenon. They are 8000K color. I decided to have them directly wired to a manual switch (with led) so I can have them on anytime I like. The kit was about just under $480 shipped. The lights installed easy, just popped out the "covers", dremeled an opening and the new lights popped in to the existing holes in the front bumper. I also installed HID bulbs for the headlights, which I got locally for $160 bucks. I love the HID's!
Thank you very much.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #203
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveprimo View Post
The original dyno sheets from STS (around here somewhere) definitely showed way more torque than stock. Hopefully Z's car will dyno the same.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:42 PM   #204
Sniper4x4

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT, RS, Sunroof, IBM
Z Madness, two words
BAD ASS

1999 Civic
1999 GMC Suburban, 10" lift
2000 Ford Mustang GT conv.
1973 Kona Jetboat, 463 BB Olds "The Money Pit"
2007 Hi-Jumper sandrail powered by 2110 VW "Mexican Jumping Bean"
2008 Pace American 16x8 enclosed trailer with 600w Rockford system, ideal for tailgating & Pismo runs

The first one that got away:
1973 Camaro LT 350 with custom T-tops
Sniper4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 PM   #205
daveprimo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I think you're mistaken. From what I've seen and experienced, the turbo makes good torque/hp on other cars, so why not this one? This V6 has a torque limiter built into the tune that can be tuned out(I believe).
oh, ok. lol. I remember reading with aac's (i believe thats the name/acronym) and with in that thread there was a conversation regarding the small amount of torque compared the large amount of horses that was acquired with the turbo. You have more experience with this so I take your word for it and Im actually happy to hear that. I was leaning more on the side of swapping the engine sooner or later because if it didnt have the torque than in my opinion whats the point? Especially living in new york where 10 feet after the line if probably about the distance you can achieve without smashing into taxi or some shit, lol. Thanks for the reply bro.
daveprimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #206
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

I hope they have this turbo worked out. It'll be nice to see some good numbers when it does get to a dyno. Then maybe we can begin to see the FI spread a bit. Right now I'm doing a few upgrades so when I do up the power I don't waste it all smokin' the tires.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:16 PM   #207
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
I hope they have this turbo worked out. It'll be nice to see some good numbers when it does get to a dyno. Then maybe we can begin to see the FI spread a bit. Right now I'm doing a few upgrades so when I do up the power I don't waste it all smokin' the tires.
I wouldn't do CAI or Header/Exhaust if you plan to go with the Turbo as you will won't be able to use most of it. Just trying to be helpful before you drop some $$$'s.
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:28 PM   #208
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
I wouldn't do CAI or Header/Exhaust if you plan to go with the Turbo as you will won't be able to use most of it. Just trying to be helpful before you drop some $$$'s.
People like to get a little cost-effective power, but they end up having to replace those parts again later when they go for big power adders. If you're going to do a build, don't waste money on small stuff first. Get the big ticket items first, then see what you can install later.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:58 PM   #209
MustangConvert

Drives: ABM 1LT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
People like to get a little cost-effective power, but they end up having to replace those parts again later when they go for big power adders. If you're going to do a build, don't waste money on small stuff first. Get the big ticket items first, then see what you can install later.
And that is why I have only upgraded the air filter. Granted it is going to be awhile before I get a turbo/SC (call me paranoid, but waiting 'til the warranty runs out), but no need to to spend 1k+ when I'm going to be replacing it down the road. Good advice for those that hadn't thought about it.

Can't wait to see those dyno numbers.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 PM   #210
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Quote:
Nope. I'm talking traction and looking at weight reduction.
This car will fit a wide-ass tire. Instead they put these tall truck looking tires on it.(yes, I have the LS)
Take a look at some of the rear suspension pieces. They're fine for a street car, but I believe they will show some flex(especially with the rubber bushings). Drop springs and rear suspension pieces to plant the power.
I'm looking on here about weight reduction/management and I've started by trimming down me first(over 14-pounds from what was 242 according to the last VA physical and counting). Still contemplating other sources of weight reduction.