Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-01-2015, 07:28 PM   #15
rogueshivers
rogueshivers

Drives: 2012 v6 LS2
???

great info mate, thanks.

CAI, vmax throttle body, jacfab extendolator & ported intake,hp tune.

Last edited by rogueshivers; 02-01-2015 at 08:08 PM.
rogueshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:40 AM   #16
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
IPF Tune is the way to go on the V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
What are you trying to say?
I flashed the vehicle for him locally and he loved the results, the software really wakes the vehicle up and has a very noticeable effect on performance.
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #17
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Guys, isn't the IPF tune a (self install) tune? No dyno or anything? Plug in the module and it records your existing tune - then connect to a computer and upload it. Then it matches you up with a pre-made tune which you download to your computer & tune module - and then plug in and install on your car? IPF even has a video of a hot chick showing you the steps.

Confused as to why many of you are stating that you got the ipf tune done at a shop - when according to the ipf video you do it yourself in about 10 minutes.

Am i missing something?
You can either purchase the tuning module and software license and install the tuning yourself (most customers do this) we do have a few shops that resell our software as well. If you were to go to a retail location you could have the software installed there for a fee. Its the same software either way. With the size of the country it is more convenient for most to just DIY the installation. But we are always happy to take on new distributors.
Old 02-03-2015, 07:55 PM   #18
2Fr3shKicks

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro RS
Anyone know where I can get mine tuned in The Maryland Area?
2Fr3shKicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:33 PM   #19
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
hell no its not worth it. Who wants to pay 700 dollars for 15 horsepower? not me. I will never understand why they charge so much for that thing. they need to bring the price down to 300-400 and they will get way more buyers including myself and theyll sell like hot cakes. It probably costs them 2 dollars to make the thing. but 700 bucks?!?!?!? ripoff!
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:55 PM   #20
pinoyscorpion951

Drives: 2016 Bright Yellow 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
hell no its not worth it. Who wants to pay 700 dollars for 15 horsepower? not me. I will never understand why they charge so much for that thing. they need to bring the price down to 300-400 and they will get way more buyers including myself and theyll sell like hot cakes. It probably costs them 2 dollars to make the thing. but 700 bucks?!?!?!? ripoff!
This. That is why I didn't do the DIY route. I had mine done for 450. Still expensive but better than 700. I believe the staff told me I had free retunes for the life of the vehicle although I don't imagine I would need another one unless I go forced induction or decide to retune it back to stock.
pinoyscorpion951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:21 AM   #21
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoyscorpion951 View Post
Nick, Mike and Ashton at Hillbank Motorsports are awesome to interact with. I bumped into them at SEMA in December also. Highly knowledgeable, treat your car as if it was theirs and explain everything in detail. Great showroom and the cleanest, most organized garage I have ever seen. I see you're in SD so that would be a bit of a drive. If you have a free day and are willing do it, I highly recommend it. I actually have Nick's personal number so if you are really interested, let me know and I can give it to you via PM. The tune takes a bout an hour to an hour and a half to do and they will ask you for your VIN about 2-3 days before your tune date. My buddy at work had his done there also and now I have 2 more co-workers that are looking to get it done as well. Make sure you are running 91 octane gas for at least 2 weeks or more before your tune because this tune requires 91 or higher only. Also let them know if you have any CEL's that way they can download the correct programs to turn them off. At the minimum you will need a cold air intake and good flowing exhaust to realize the best gains with this tune. They don't advertise it on their webpage but they also do a TCU tune that I was told was just incredible if you have an automatic transmission. Good luck whatever your decision and hope this info helps. My car was actually featured on their Facebook page last year in September. If I'm not mistaken, they were one of the first one's to supercharge a V6 Camaro using the IPF supercharger. That car was a synergy green one driven by Mike Doescher who personally tuned my car (see attached pics). Great guy, he even did a courtesy drive afterwards and showed me how the IPF power tune had transformed the performance and responsiveness of my vehicle. If anyone knows anything about V6 Camaro's it's this guy. He's worked on them, supercharged them and driven them. I attached some pictures of them tuning my car in their showroom.

Thank you for the information. When I am ready to have it done, I send you a PM.

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 08:27 AM   #22
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post

$700???? Not sure where your getting your pricing from but yes $700 is a ripoff... Go to our website the retail price is $549 including hardware and we offer a forum discount of $100 for all members. The price is $449 to all forum members for tuning and hardware, definitely not $700.

We have a $100K dyno and have engineers that bill $250/hr for R&D/Engineering time. So there is nothing in a professional tuning company for $2. If our costs were that low I would be more than happy to pass the savings along. Hell just being a vendor on this forum is expensive... there are allot of costs involved in conducting business you may be unaware of including liability insurance, taxes, overhead, capital to invest in product development. Its not as easy as you may think. Hope this helps to clear things up. And at $449 we feel that is more than fair for what we offer.

Below is a link to the website and the coupon code for members: 100offtuning

http://www.kpe-products.com/shop/cam...rmance-tuning/
Old 02-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #23
tamphuong

Drives: Convertible 1LT RS , SOLO cat back
Location: BMR sways, Toe arms, Bushing for street, KW v1 coil over, VTC, Oil catching can. Air filter, BT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Yes SIR!
I wonder if software will void warranty? I will looking forward for tune.
tamphuong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:13 PM   #24
mbowen89

Drives: 2015 CRT 2SS/RS 1LE
I know I've read that supposedly it's 100% reversible and so won't affect your warranty if you tune it back to stock if you need to take it in?
mbowen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #25
LBJ

Drives: 2012 camaro 1LS. M6
Ipf said you can install and remove it win in for service. ...why can't a couple of guys split the cost and installed it on more then one car.if that could be done to save money.
Mods..mrt v2. Cai intake v max throttle body. 20% windo tint & RX catch can Gianna 20in rims nitto 555 & afterburner tail lights RS halo head lights & gm heat extractor 4 pack gauges & panted heritage Grille & zl1rear sproler t5 splitter custom head rest
LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 09:09 PM   #26
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
what if we have 2 camaros in the family. Can i just buy one tune or do i have to buy 2? is there a special deal you could offer for that? i want to be able to use it for 2 vehicles
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #27
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
I have a Diablo tuner, can only use on one car at a time, they call it being "married" to a car,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2015, 10:05 AM   #28
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
I have a Diablo tuner, can only use on one car at a time, they call it being "married" to a car,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The IPF Tuning module can be used on UNLIMITED number of vehicles and does not "marry" to one specific ECU.