Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-07-2009, 07:36 PM   #953
benelli

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetwk View Post
Picked up mine 3:30 yesterday, all i can say is that it was worth the wait, i had a lady get out of her car in traffic to tell me how much she liked the car, and a kid ran out in front of the car to take pictures. Its amazing.
benelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #954
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyThunder View Post
Picked mine up a few weeks ago . Took my first real drive in it from my house in San Mateo to my shop at Sears Point/Infineon Raceway about an hours drive each way . Took a few pictures at the shop
Congrats! Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 View Post
This is torture... ;-)

Congrats to all who got their cars recently

Car was supposed to arrive 10/1 - then 10/5 - waiting for the call today ....
- Like Christmas eve every day right now
- Anxiously waiting to join the ranks of the Inferno owners !
Hang in there!!! ITS WORTH THE WAIT!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kms View Post
We just picked up ours on Monday. It's awesome. Color changes very cool.

Glad we went with the IOM and IO interior. Must see in person.
Noice!

Quote:
ebay has them I just ordered one
Got one

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangetwk View Post
Picked up mine 3:30 yesterday, all i can say is that it was worth the wait, i had a lady get out of her car in traffic to tell me how much she liked the car, and a kid ran out in front of the car to take pictures. Its amazing.

Congrats!!! That feeling you have does not go away!
Attached Images

CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:20 AM   #955
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Drives: MARGARET CRAZZY
Quote:
ebay has them I just ordered one
my wife got me about a dozen of them .some on e-bay and some at Walmart and she even got me a 2010 IOM convertable..I'm keeping most of them in the package but a couple I coundn't resist and took em out to play with...

Steve
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
:5thgenvert:
PUNKIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:32 AM   #956
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Congrats!!! That feeling you have does not go away! [/QUOTE]

GM used up the Heartbeat of America Slogan too many years ago...they should have saved it for now for this awsome car and the people who are so crazy about em...

Steve
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
Old 10-08-2009, 09:36 PM   #957
1SSRS6S
1SSRS6SIOM

Drives: sold her
I love my IOM had her bout 10 days getting many looks from all people lots of kids wave and point, had a whole school bus stand up and point and wave. Sooooo Cool
Old 10-08-2009, 10:11 PM   #958
khislop007
ZEUSS

Drives: Hard!
Got my 2SS/RS M6 last week Tuesday and got the stripes done Monday.....now it looks complete
Attached Images

Old 10-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #959
PUNKIN
WE KRUZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by khislop007 View Post
Got my 2SS/RS M6 last week Tuesday and got the stripes done Monday.....now it looks complete
this makes me all the more anxious...should have ours in about 3 weeks...just curious about the logistics of getting your car on the islands,,,did you order from a dealer on the island.....I have been to Grand Caymen and absolutely loved it there...sweet car, tropical island...what could be any better...

Steve
WHITE STRIPES
20 INCH POLISHED WHEELS
BLACK LEATHER INTERIOR
Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM   #960
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralyrat View Post
KOOL, I get gas at the same station when I get meat at Tonys Butcher shop. I have an IOM 2SS/RS manual with IO interior and sunroof, white stripes are being put on Oct 13th.
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #961
odog

Drives: 2010 1LT IOM RS/2002 Silverado
My 2010 IOM RS 1LT 6SPD Manual

Came in Monday 10/5/2009, drove it home that evening. All I can say is WOW!

My first car was a 1967 with a 3 on the tree for all you old schoolers, but this doesn't even compare.
Attached Images

odog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 12:08 PM   #962
hauler_10-4

Drives: 2003 avalanche
Just picked it up monday. You really have to see this color in person to get the full effect.

hauler_10-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:00 PM   #963
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
i double soaped and cleaned my car which was dirty sicnce the Oshawa event and boy, i love my car. The wheels looked outstanding!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #964
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
hauler_10-4, your car look great, it appears the only difference between your car and mine is I got the IO interior, great choices, that is for sure. the IOM and white rally stripes really stands out. currently, mine is a one of a kind in my neck of the woods.
Old 10-11-2009, 04:52 PM   #965
hauler_10-4

Drives: 2003 avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
hauler_10-4, your car look great, it appears the only difference between your car and mine is I got the IO interior, great choices, that is for sure. the IOM and white rally stripes really stands out. currently, mine is a one of a kind in my neck of the woods.

Same here bro, got the only IOM in town for now. Getting the windows tinted friday.
hauler_10-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #966
ClaymoreZ28

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM Camaro
Part of the IOM Camaro crew at last

Taking time to sit down and compose myself to write this up

Picked up my car Thursday night and gave both my family and the guys at Hendrick a laught at my paranoia about driving a right hand stickshift for first time !
I had a few near things - reaching out on left - on the way home - but soon acclimated to the different side.

I got instant "cool" points running my son and a family friend to high school next morning and was starting to relax a bit when driving to work and a stone hit the windshield and cracked it ! Gulp.... talk about instant buzz kill...
Looks like wednesday before new screen will be available - so I guess I got my first realiity check from the man upstairs on the inevitability of minor mishaps ;-)

Over the weekend I have washed and waxed the beast and have seen what you are all talking about when you talk about the looks that this car draws. It is a 4 wheeled conversation starter and I am sure that the IOM really makes it stand out even more.

I have already had pickup trucks and cars appear right on my tail - then pull up alongside - then cut in front - before then accelerating off with waves and thumbs up .... The office at Safelight autoglass company pretty much emptied out with folks looking at the car (amazing how folks overestimate how much this car cost) and even the owner of our local icecream stand came out to chat when I took my youngest daughter out for a cruise today.

Everyone is interested in looking at the car, sitting in it and talking about it - and I feel like we are literally extended ambassadors for GM with this beast.
My family give me a running commentary on the whiplash cases we are causing while I drive - and its clear that my youngest has that "rock star" feeling She also pointed out how much she loves her own little window in the back - which had not even ocurred to me - but after 10 years with the FBody and no side vision - even a porthole makes a big difference.

I have to say that having bought the car with no test drive whatsoever I was a bit nervous - but the comments on this forum have been really helpful in making me feel I was making the right call on this car - and you have all kept me going while waitin for the car to go into production and then have kept me on the edge of my seat waiting for my order to drop.

I will type up some more comments / observations on the car after I have racked up some more miles.

I dont want this thread to be worthless so here are some pics

As my youngest pointed out - I have been wearing my Camaro5 shirt too many days since I got the car so I better go order some other ones :-)

Thanks to all for inspiring me to buy this awe inspiring car - and to FBodfather for the participation from GM on this forum through good spells and periods of borderline paranoia (brake weights anyone) where the straight talk and obvious focus on quality really one me over too .

In the pics you can see we had to tell the camaro to stop growling and staring down the corvettes at Hendrick (good crew of folks there) and then there are pics of my youngest and I in the freshly polished beast
Attached Images

Tags
amazing, gorgeous, inferno orange, inferno orange camaro, inferno orange metallic, inferno orange metallic camaro, iom, iom camaro, orange camaro