Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-17-2017, 05:51 PM   #687
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillboyPowerhead View Post
Hey! You never told me this!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:18 PM   #688
zoso065

Drives: 20132/ss
alignment

dropped car off for oil change and alignment this morning, they just called saying the specs I wanted will eat the tires.

camber -1.25
toe 0.00
rear camber -0.50
toe in 0.12
total toe in 0.24

they were kinda not wanting to do it so I said just do -1.00 neg camber up front.

wish jpss was a franchise and there was one in every state!!! hard to find good shops anymore!!

august cant come soon enough!!
zoso065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 01:34 PM   #689
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoso065 View Post
dropped car off for oil change and alignment this morning, they just called saying the specs I wanted will eat the tires.

camber -1.25
toe 0.00
rear camber -0.50
toe in 0.12
total toe in 0.24

they were kinda not wanting to do it so I said just do -1.00 neg camber up front.

wish jpss was a franchise and there was one in every state!!! hard to find good shops anymore!!

august cant come soon enough!!
SMH

See you in August.

PS

They would have died with the track alignment I just did

-29 front -1.9 Rear and a foot of toe out. LOL
Old 06-16-2017, 08:05 PM   #690
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
That's so typical of the automotive repair & maintenance industry. Nobody teaches the kids coming into the field that enthusiastic driving can demand different spec parts and different settings than the run of the mill stuff that comes into the shop. And the more senior guys (and shop owners) don't want to deal with come-backs and customer complaints.

My son-in-law worked as a tech in a number of independent shops for about 15 years and I can remember him saying much the same thing about tire life when he looked at the car I'd set up for autocross first and DD second.

Down the road . . . if you're anywhere near Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, or some other road course, or even a circle track you ought to be able to find a shop where the people will know what you're seeking and who will have the willingness to do it for you.

Norm
Old 06-17-2017, 02:11 PM   #691
zoso065

thanks for the advice!! if I can figure out how to post pics from my phone, I will post a screen shot of the before after of the second alignment I got this morning. the dealership alignment was waaayyy off. I didn't notice until I got home until I looked at the front tires I could see neg camber on pass. side but drivers looked straight up and stuck out way farther than the pass side. the rear was messed up too but didn't see that until they got it on the alignment lift.........im gonna try to get my money back from the dealer mon or at least get them to pay for the second alignment. and also the dealership said their printer for the alignment wasn't working and didn't give me a printout and had my car was sitting out in the lot and didn't show screen either. but the tireman shop their printer didn't work either but let me take pics of the screen before and after.....they couldn't believe a chevy ddealership let the car leave like that
Old 06-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #692
JusticePete

Quote:
thanks for the advice!! if I can figure out how to post pics from my phone, I will post a screen shot of the before after of the second alignment I got this morning. the dealership alignment was waaayyy off. I didn't notice until I got home until I looked at the front tires I could see neg camber on pass. side but drivers looked straight up and stuck out way farther than the pass side. the rear was messed up too but didn't see that until they got it on the alignment lift.........im gonna try to get my money back from the dealer mon or at least get them to pay for the second alignment. and also the dealership said their printer for the alignment wasn't working and didn't give me a printout and had my car was sitting out in the lot and didn't show screen either. but the tireman shop their printer didn't work either but let me take pics of the screen before and after.....they couldn't believe a chevy ddealership let the car leave like that
Geez...
Old 06-17-2017, 03:21 PM   #693
zoso065

camber -0.2 -1.9
toe -0.12 0.10
rear
camber -0.1 -1.3
toe -0.01 0.07

this the dealership alignment

camber -1.3 -1.4
toe 0.10 0.12
rear
camber -0.5 -0.6
toe 0.06 0.18

this is the tireman alignment

any thoughts???

Last edited by zoso065; 06-17-2017 at 03:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:51 PM   #694
JusticePete

The tech was struggling to get the rear toe dialed in. Toe and Camber adjustment fight each other in the rear as the arms don't look like, but act like A arms. Next time, tell him to relax the toe, set the eccentrics to a neutral position not touchiby the adjustment fences, and then set to minimum available camber and work backwards on the toe.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:46 PM   #695
zoso065

I have alignment fatigue!!!! will I get weird tire wear in the rear???

because youll be doing the next one!!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 06:05 PM   #696
JusticePete

Quote:
I have alignment fatigue!!!! will I get weird tire wear in the rear???

because youll be doing the next one!!!!
You are good to go. Enjoy your Camaro.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:27 PM   #697
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Hey JusticePete,

Just curious. This is the alignment I got on my car.
2012 SS, lowered 1" on BMR coils, poly front and rear everything. Rest of mods in signature, and 285s on 10" wide fronts, 295s on 11" wide rears.
Any reason this gets squirmy under acceleration? Also the rear tires wore the inner tread block FAR sooner than anything else. I've got 4/32 on the rest of the tire, but the inner tread block is smooth bald.
Attached Images

Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #698
JusticePete

You are on the low end of negative camber. Rear Toe is in at an acceptable range. Wear should be good.

1. How mamy miles on the tires with this alignment?
2. How many miles on the urethane in the toe links?
Old 09-04-2017, 12:14 AM   #699
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
You are on the low end of negative camber. Rear Toe is in at an acceptable range. Wear should be good.

1. How mamy miles on the tires with this alignment?
2. How many miles on the urethane in the toe links?
Toe links, subframe bushings....everything suspension-wise were installed 2 days before the date on the alignment sheet. Total miles less than 6000. Tires.... I'm not sure, really. I know when I stored them away and warm last winter I inspected them for uneven wear and there was none--but I didn't drive much last year after I got everything done. This picture is them before putting them on this spring. Now the inside tread block is worn down smooth right in the middle of the block where I marked the red line.

EDIT: Just went out and looked - driver's side is just smooth, passenger side is slightly worn, but not as bad.
Attached Images

Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 09:24 AM   #700
JusticePete

If you install my extended range eccentrics, 1.8 degrees of adjustment compared to OE .9 degrees, we can get to zero rear camber. Your inside shoulder wear will be pretty much the same as the rest of the tire. Straight line hard launches and acceleration will improve, but putting power down in the corners will not be as good. However, rear tire life will be maximized.

http://www.jpssonline.com/#/jpss-bla...-caster-bolts/