Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 12-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #43
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by el ess A View Post
See post #26 in this thread. It's already been done.
Great minds think alike. Lazy minds get repeated.
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #44
GreyLS3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
glad I found this I have been trying since Nov. 20, to get a response on how to send in Blown XA for rebuild. Like said no answer to emails or calls. no matter what is going on they should post something even if it said they currently were not operating. Now I have to figure out how to get my shock fixed? anyone know where I can get a seal kit and what weight the shock oil is?
GreyLS3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #45
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyLS3SS View Post
glad I found this I have been trying since Nov. 20, to get a response on how to send in Blown XA for rebuild. Like said no answer to emails or calls. no matter what is going on they should post something even if it said they currently were not operating. Now I have to figure out how to get my shock fixed? anyone know where I can get a seal kit and what weight the shock oil is?
I dont think they rebuild these, they just send anew shock body that fits into the clevis
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 PM   #46
130R

Drives: SS
Quote:
Contact BC Racing and see if they have a rebuild kit for them. If not, they should be able to service them.
130R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #47
GreyLS3SS

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
Contact BC Racing and see if they have a rebuild kit for them. If not, they should be able to service them.
Thanks for the info, If I would have known I was not going to get support from Pedders I would have went with another vendor guess I got sucked in thought it was a good company with a good product. Less than impressed now. For post before I would send it in for replacement if I knew how to send it and that I would get something back. Car is not much good with only 3 shocks and can't mix with another companies. Pete's name is not even listed in the call directory now so not even sure if he even works there anymore. very frustrating if I knew in a month I could get it replaced I would wait not knowing causes stress
Old 12-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #48
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
I made the decision back in 2009 to go with BMR rather then Pedder's because of the availability of there product. I have no regrets, US made to boot.

Old 12-20-2013, 12:13 PM   #49
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc View Post
I made the decision back in 2009 to go with BMR rather then Pedder's because of the availability of there product. I have no regrets, US made to boot.

ABSOLUTELY!!! Me too!!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 02:58 PM   #50
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Thanks for the info, If I would have known I was not going to get support from Pedders I would have went with another vendor guess I got sucked in thought it was a good company with a good product. Less than impressed now. For post before I would send it in for replacement if I knew how to send it and that I would get something back. Car is not much good with only 3 shocks and can't mix with another companies. Pete's name is not even listed in the call directory now so not even sure if he even works there anymore. very frustrating if I knew in a month I could get it replaced I would wait not knowing causes stress
Are good products, top notch. Pete probably cant respond due to legal stuff. Sucks for all of us
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:04 PM   #51
Dexman1349
2010 2SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
^^^+1

Pedders stuff is excellent quality. They were my 1st choice when I tried to get everything upgraded this year. Unfortunately, when I was ready to order they were already tied up in this mess and wasn't able to fulfill the order.

Cosmetic: ZL1 front w/mailslot, painted stripes, powdercoated SS rims, tow hook, and full chrome delete

Suspension: Pfadt subframe bushings, Pfadt rear UCA bushings, Z28 Upper control arms, Spohn trailing arms with BMR trailing arm & differential bushings, ZL1 Toe Rods and springs, Prothane radius arm inserts & steering rack bushing, Pfadt Sport front sway, FE4 conversion w/ DS rear sway, Pfadt strut brace

Drivetrain: RMCR tune, CAI intake, Kooks headers, hi-flo cats & exhaust, VMAX TB, ZL1 fuel pump, LSR Tri-Ax shifter

Bumblebee Racecar Build
Dexman1349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #52
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Man this just sucks! Pete went out of his way to support my suspension build, answered a zillion questions. The Pedders suspension that I run performs flawlessly.

Pete, I'm rooting for you to bounce back, and hope that Pedders will continue to be offered here in the USA.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #53
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexman1349 View Post
^^^+1

Pedders stuff is excellent quality. They were my 1st choice when I tried to get everything upgraded this year. Unfortunately, when I was ready to order they were already tied up in this mess and wasn't able to fulfill the order.
Same situation here. I knew I was thinking of trading my RS about mid August and did so on the 31st. I told the local retail dealer to get my parts ready and they said they would but couldn't. I was last September I was still riding and getting nose bleeds and it was suggested that I may want to go another route and I ended up going with DSE per recommendation. Comparable in price with Pedder's and great reviews. Thus far I have no regrets.....
Attached Images

Old 12-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #54
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
What I heard quoted for the DSE coilovers was quite a bit more than the Supercars...but they are great quality product from the ones I know that have them.

http://shop.jrishocks.com/product.ph...cat=274&page=1 DSE $6k

http://www.peddersusa.com/product/Ca...rcar-Coilovers Pedders $4k
Old 12-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #55
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I doubt it's "over" I'm confident that Pedders USA and Pedders AU are going to come to a conclusion that will result in availability to US customers.

I would like for Pete and Debbie to come out okay from what ever is going on.

If not, it won't be a stretch to imagine Pedders AU finding another US distributor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #56
GreyLS3SS

Well after much frustration not hearing anything from Pedders US I sent Pedders AU an email wanting to know what is up and if they will resolve the issues in the US. Not sure if I will get a response but My car is basically useless with only 3 working shocks. I was going to go with Pfadt but they weren't ready yet and kept pushing the availability date back when I was looking, and Pedders had what I needed. Guess I should have waited. The frustrating issue with me is that I have not had one correspondence from Pedders US to the 6 + inquires I have written or called. If they are out of business then at least they should list it on their website or their phone mail not just keep saying leave a message and we'll get back to you. I even have a ticket # from their website that has never been followed up on. I know people have posted that Pete probably can't answer, but come on really he could send a PM saying he can't respond that would at least be something. I AM VERY DISAPOINTED and am thinking about just putting my stock shocks back on. Pete or whoever at least a PM saying you can't respond right now would go along way to easing the stress. I can't even sell 3 shocks either so I guess I just have some wall ornament's for the garage.