Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 PM   #57
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Now what? What's your next move?

I'm trying to save some money for exhaust, intake, and tuning. So the modding will soon begin.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #58
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I'd say typically yes, but if the stock Air Filter is defective somehow, he would see a much larger gain ...

Food for thought irpq11 .. if you know someone else w/ a camaro .. swap air filters and re-dyno or just do the swap and do some butt dyno comparisons to see if you think you pick up any ..

Crowley
Hmmmm. I could break into the dealer and strip the IOM ss in the showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry78 View Post
well there you go pq but looks like you may have to do some sucking up to bonnie though lol
It's not the money. It's the time away from the office. Things are almost impossible for her when I'm gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Now what? What's your next move?
No mods and No tune. I will be keeping my factory warranty for now. I'm gonna have to take it to the dealer and ask them what the deal is with the mixture in my car. I haven't seen any numbers on anyone elses cars as far as fuel mixture to compare but the tuner said it is most certainly not right at all.
Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #59
ShAgMaN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS SIM
I say drop that bitch off at the dealer and rent a car...this is BS and youve done enough. The dyno dude says it sucks, you think it sucks, so the dealers gotta fix it.. good luck man.
ShAgMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #60
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post

It's not the money. It's the time away from the office. Things are almost impossible for her when I'm gone.

No mods and No tune. I will be keeping my factory warranty for now. I'm gonna have heto take it to the dealer and ask them what the deal is with the mixture in my car. I haven't seen any numbers on anyone elses cars as far as fuel mixture to compare but the tuner said it is most certainly not right at all.
Hopefully it will be an easy fix. They will most likely try a reflash of the stock tuning or a PCM swap. It will be interesting to see what they are willing to do.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:06 PM   #61
Gentry78
HOOK'EM

Drives: 97 c1500/92 olds
Quote:

No mods and No tune. I will be keeping my factory warranty for now. I'm gonna have to take it to the dealer and ask them what the deal is with the mixture in my car. I haven't seen any numbers on anyone elses cars as far as fuel mixture to compare but the tuner said it is most certainly not right at all.

Gentry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
Matt TuneTime

Drives: 2008 G8 gt / 2010 Camaro L99
Quote:
He said that in his opinion, this car should be losing no more than 15% from crank to wheels. He thinks the rich fuel mixture is causing a loss. In his opinion it should be getting 330 HP to the wheels. He says this car should be tighter than that.
Go to another dyno shop ... The 6l80e is going to eat up 2-3% more then a 4 speed auto ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt55 View Post
Wow rich in the mid , I wonder if the WBO2 is off ?
No they will usually read lean when they fail ... This is Cat Over Temp ... Based on the weather I would imagine that it was in full effect on the first pull ...

Quote:
It does look a bit weird. Was there any tuning done from the 1st pull to the 3rd pull? If not, the first one may just be an anomally. Taking a look at my stock dyno (Manual though), my A/F doesn't go below 11.4 and not above 11.9 stock. I wonder if the A/F ratio is the norm for the automatic cars.

I do think that the 15% loss your dyno guy said is a bit optomistic though as it seems the norm for the manual cars is 15 - 16 % .. IF an auto is 17% that would put you around 330 hp at the wheels if it is a little more than 17% then it would be a bit lower. Yours appears to be around 21 - 22 % though ..

Keep us posted.

Crowley
21-23 % is normal for 6L80e

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK2010SS View Post
I am going out on a limb here but I think there might be a problem with the stock air filter. It’s a little late now, but it would have been interesting to see if removing the air filter made any difference on the dyno. Maybe it’s running rich because it can’t pull enough air. SilverTurtle and I tested the stock 2010 Camaro Fram filter with an air compressor and it flowed less air than his DIRTY Fram filter from a 2002 LS1. This would affect the A6 cars more because of less direct control over RPM’s… Just a thought.
Thats an insane statment ... You check your air filter with an air compressor ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
At this point, it doesn't matter. You cannot make power in shitty air. My engine builder would never dyno a motor in those conditions. Now that I think about it, he'll probably be reading this.
This crowd as a whole is very number hungry but not to many people go to the track to prove what they accually gain or lost ... ? The weather is why the dyno has a correction factor ... And yet the smoothing was on 5 the highest you can make it ... Something was not right with there equipment .

Quote:
Nope. These guys were checking the car out just like we all did when we first saw one. So they hadn't done one before. Another thing to note. This is a ricer tune shop, so don't know.
Go to another dyno shop ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDGn63 View Post
FWIW... removing the air filter got me 10RWHP on my LS3... food for thought.

i am waiting for the Vararam... but may buy a K&N filter in the meantime...
You might have made more power but you skewed every reading based on g/cyl in your ecm ... Don't do that again if you value your motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Kid View Post
What would swapping the OEM air filter for a K&N yield...a few hp?
Maybe 3-4 but that can also be a difference in dyno pulls all things being equal

Quote:
I'd say typically yes, but if the stock Air Filter is defective somehow, he would see a much larger gain ...

Food for thought irpq11 .. if you know someone else w/ a camaro .. swap air filters and re-dyno or just do the swap and do some butt dyno comparisons to see if you think you pick up any ..

Crowley
There is no way in hell and OEM would tolerate that trust me it will not happen .. Ever ...

To the orignal Poster

GO TO ANOTHER SHOP
Matt TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #63
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt TuneTime View Post

Something was not right with there equipment .

GO TO ANOTHER SHOP
Sooooooo I'm guessing you think I should ............. uhhhh........... have my car Dynoed by someone different? lol

Ok. So if you had to make a guess. Would you say it's very likely my car is running fine, or do you think the guy that did my car is incompetant, or just has bad equipment?

Also, do you think the fuel mixture thing is reading wrong and my car is breathing better than that?
Old 07-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #64
PQ
Booooosted.

BTW all. For buying a BRAND NEW car, It sure is a pain in the ass to own right now.

If I go to another shop and the reading are not showing the car running right, then I'll need to go to ANOTHER shop.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:39 PM   #65
DanD

Drives: 6 camaros
I would see if the dealer can reflash the ecm, in case something is wrong with the stocktune. Otherwise... mine was about 11.5 AFR across the board and was 32xhp no up and downs on the AFR at all...
1968 383 Camaro
1968 327 Camaro Convertible
1967 RS 327
1967 Pro-Tour LS3 in progress
DanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:48 PM   #66
camarotoofast
VIN #586 is Home

Drives: 00 Z28 Camaro 69 camaro 81 cam
Send a message via Yahoo to camarotoofast
I would get the dealer to reflash ecm before taking it to another dyno.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #67
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
I wouldn't take it to another shop. You've got some baseline data to build off of. You've been rather patient with GM... and that's what's going to pay in the end.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:57 PM   #68
GMRULZ

Drives: 2010 SS & 2008 C6
The numbers weren`t as low as I thought they would be at peak, but your a/f is really wacked especially on the first run as everyone else has stated. I agree w/ Matt it propbalby was in Cat over temp on the first pull. Other than going to another shop which would probably be a good thing, take the first graph to the dealer and see if they will either reflash or give you another pcm. Its most likely the culprit, as there have been some bad pcm or flashes in a few of the cars so far. When I dyno mine in about 2 weeks I`ll pist up my graph. It will be a dynojet also.
2010 SS L99, 536rwhp 10.843@126.72. Whipple Supercharger stock pulley, ARH 1 7/8 longtubes w/ catted xpipe, magnaflow 3" mufflers, ADM Race CAI, 3:70 gears, lightweight wheels and nitto drag radials. Stock internal L99, stock converter.

Bolt on best before blower 12.22@113.29 w/ nothing but ARH headers, catted x-pipe, ADM CAI and a tune on stock Pzero`s!

Other car 2008 C6 Ls3, z51, A6, Npp Exhaust, best bonestock pass 11.80@118.82, Number 2 on the Corvette Forums Bonestock fastest list..
GMRULZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:02 PM   #69
slowerthanu

Drives: 2ss on order, 06 f-150
You are stuck between a rock and a hard place. I never trust dynos that I have not personally seen so I can't help you there.

Some operators have no clue what the hell they are doing and others are really good but always booked, weather is horrible right now.

My wife drives this little turbo Jetta. That car is about a second slower in the 1/4 come summertime due to the tiny turbo and the horrid Utah heat.

You need to find a shop that is known for LSX cars and particularly the '10 Camaro with the 6L80E. They will be able to tell you right away if something is wrong based on other cars that they have run and driven.

All this forum can do for you is cause further confusion and continue to diagnose a problem that they cannot even put their hands on. There are tons of experts on this site but they cannot magically cure what they cannot see.

I hear you about your wife and time, can't help you there either.

Dan
slowerthanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:40 PM   #70
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
Quote:
Any chance your dealer (or your salesman) would come pick the car up from you and then bring it back? Seems like it would be pretty easy...salesman drives over a "loaner," drives yours back, etc.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote