Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 03-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Muffler delete-D/FW

Have any of you DFW'ers gotten muffler delete done to your car? Got a quote for $300 with the Magnaflow x-pipe from Ken's on NW Hwy. I thought that was pretty reasonable but wanted to see if anyone else had a hookup.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Yes.....I would definately go back to Jason over at Lewisville Mufflers. http://www.millermuffler.com/

The first guy didn't really do that great of a job on mine. Jason's guys fixed mine up perfectly. Plus he'll do the rear cat delete for you ($125) which I would recommend. He charged me $180 to basically re-do the first guys work so I would expect it to be around that price. I already had the X-Pipe and Tips. He has already done several Camaros.

I would suggest getting your X-pipe from Magnaflowplus.com.....Jason is going to try to sell you his in-house one which is probably good but I wanted to replicate the Magnaflow Comp Series cat-back. Here is my thread for some pics and videos.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=magnaflow
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #3
louiecvt

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
I got mine done at Pronto Mufflers in Plano. I didn't do any mufflers. Just replaced the mufflers with a straight pipe and the middle muffler with an x-pipe. Very good work. I've done a lot of cars with them.
louiecvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #4
GearheadSS

Drives: 23 LT1/22 Colorado TB/69 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Yes.....I would definately go back to Jason over at Lewisville Mufflers. http://www.millermuffler.com/

The first guy didn't really do that great of a job on mine. Jason's guys fixed mine up perfectly. Plus he'll do the rear cat delete for you ($125) which I would recommend. He charged me $180 to basically re-do the first guys work so I would expect it to be around that price. I already had the X-Pipe and Tips. He has already done several Camaros.

I would suggest getting your X-pipe from Magnaflowplus.com.....Jason is going to try to sell you his in-house one which is probably good but I wanted to replicate the Magnaflow Comp Series cat-back. Here is my thread for some pics and videos.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ight=magnaflow
Thanks! Sounds great. I will look them up.
GearheadSS is offline   Reply With Quote