Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

View Poll Results: So why are you on Camaro5??
I am a loyal Camaroist 226 79.58%
I am a Loyal Mustangist looking to defend my ride 2 0.70%
I am switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang 26 9.15%
I just join any and all car forums! 30 10.56%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #71
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
... ehh thats the internet it's not hard to see the threads and cheapshots to the mustang like the orignal poster, i can easily say

"...but you know you drive a saturn right?" and not post anything else.

but i dont

I am the original poster, but I truly meant this as a fun, stir em' up thread. One bad thing is sentiment gets lost when typing sometimes....especially if you do not have time to Re-Read your thread before you hit the "Post" Button.

I have a more joking.......ball breakin' kind of attitude toward the Challenger and the Mustang, but I too would own any of the 3 and be happy with the TRUE AMERICAN MUSCLE! It's all good Mustang guys!

It is really interesting how many of you are just true Die Hard CAR people...that does go to show what a cool group this forum is attracting. I look forward to hanging with some of you at car meets and events!

THIS SHOULD BE A LESSON FOR CAR COMPANIES.....People just want a well designed quality built car....waste less time on brainwashing and more time on design and engineering! Thank God it seems as though they are starting to get that theory....Look at the 3 ponies returning to the road. Now if we can just get them to make the speed limit more realistic for todays cars, whoch can stop from 60 in a mere 105 ft!
Old 04-05-2009, 12:24 PM   #72
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
It i amazing to me how many Mustang guys are on here, defending the mustang at every turn. They even have Mustangs in their signatures! First I am curious of how many have no loyalty to a brand and are changing over to the Camaro. And how many are here to just start trouble and defend the Mustang. I lived through the 70's and 80's when that was a truly tough rivalry......I have seen bets and fights.

So what is the reason...Vote above
Is there something wrong with enjoying both? I have a Mustang and I love it. I am getting a Camaro and I am sure I am going to love it too. Just because you have one does not mean you have to hate the other.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:31 PM   #73
vcguitar185

Drives: 2002 Ford Mustang
Hello everyone. I've been a lurker on here for more months than I can count now and I figured it is about time i make my first post! I chose "I am a switching over to the Camaro from the Mustang." I wouldn't really call myself a mustang fan though. It's pretty much the only acceptable American car I could find in my area when I had to get a car. I'm all about the Camaro!
vcguitar185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:49 PM   #74
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinva View Post
I am just a car guy through and through, not to mention I also love motorcycles and boats. I am loyal to GM, even my boat has a small block Chevy.
Post a boat pic pls- not to hijack.....

Hey- another AZ guy. Welcome to the boards.
Krazy and old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:51 PM   #75
Chewy
My boredom isn't safe

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Chewy Send a message via MSN to Chewy
GRAB YOU PITCH FORKS AND TORCHES! lets roast them blue oval boys!!

seriously, we should have a BBQ i'm hungry. Make it into a nice car meet and break down this 'wall' dividing both groups of great cars.

The rivalry is fun, the disrespect isn't. and i'd like to point out that our mustang members are respectful 99% of the time, and unfortunately i've noticed most disgruntled threads are from upset camaro owners complaining about mustangs, and their owners and this and that.

"Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you 'round for a long long time
I really 'membered you when you drink my wine

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I seen you walkin' down in Chinatown
I called you but you could not look around

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I bring my money to the welfare line
I see you standing in it every time

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

The color of your skin don't matter to me
As long as we can live in harmony

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I'd kinda like to be the President
so I can show you how your money's spent

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

Sometimes I don't speak too bright
but yet I know what I'm talking about

Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?
Why can't we be friends?

I know you're working for the CIA
they wouldn't have you in the Mafia

Why can't we be friends?......"
Old 04-05-2009, 02:46 PM   #76
Bails

Drives: 07 Mustang
I'm on here because I'm interested in the new Camaro. I was looking into getting one and I wanted to get as much info on it as I could. But I do defend the Mustang when I see incorrect posts about it. I'm not really a loyalist to any one car, I like all the pony cars. I drive a Mustang right now because my Grandpa has an original 64 1/2 and I fell in love with it. My dad has owned a couple of Camaro's and I loved them too. He's been looking at the Challenger and the Camaro a lot and I hope he gets one of them so I can drive it.
Bails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #77
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Same junk when I rode a harley...fighting all the time defending your ride. Either way they both are nice muscle cars. I love chevy's but I also own a 67 high country special Mustang. I restored it for my wife. I'm now doing a Nova! Then along came this Camaro,which reminded me of the one I had as a teenager, 67 RS. That to go along with my 69 chevelle...Man I wish I still had those cars......chevy,ford...ride on forever!!!~
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #78
snizzle
Recalled user

Drives: '12 Camaro SS, '18 Colorado Z71
I'd compare Camaro/Mustang to Redskins/Cowboys. You're gonna have idiots on both sides that take it to the extreme.
snizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 03:03 PM   #79
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilKnightFalcon View Post
Is there something wrong with enjoying both? I have a Mustang and I love it. I am getting a Camaro and I am sure I am going to love it too. Just because you have one does not mean you have to hate the other.
Not at all.........Are you keeping the Mustang??
Old 04-05-2009, 04:39 PM   #80
Nightstalker6118

Drives: 2006 Mustang V6 Prem
First post here. I'm a current owner of a 2006 Mustang V6 and may trade-in for a Camaro. Not here to defend the Mustang. I love all American pony and muscle cars, and we're all on the same team. I'd rather buy American than foreign any day of the week.

I was swooned by the Camaro the moment I saw the original artist rendition, and have been following it closely since.

For what it's worth, I'm looking at the 2010 Mustang as well, but Ford is going to have to take care of my two biggest complaints in order to get my business:

1) Road and wind noise - ridiculous on the '06, hard to talk to someone in the same car when you're doing over 60 and people who call me regularly ask if I am in a wind tunnel. With the amount I drive (~16k miles/yr), this is almost enough to make me trade-in on it's own.

2) Underpowered V6. I don't need a V8. This is a daily driver and the extra gas mileage adds up for me. The 6 in the Mustang is underpowered. It launches well, but it really shows it's lack of power in the upper gears and when you downshift to pass someone. My in-laws 4 cylinder Accord can just about keep pace with my 6 Mustang.

It looks like Ford may have taken care of road/wind noise in the 2010, but it doesn't look like they've done much with the engine lineup. The engine/tranny is an area where Ford has historically lagged behind in the F-150 series so I don't expect them to be able to match or one-up Chevy for a couple more years.

I have traditionally been a Ford guy. First car was a Taurus, second was my dad's '93 F-150 that I traded in at 165k miles for the current Mustang. I like Ford, but when it's my hard-earned I look more at value, reliability, and what I like than at a brand.

I'm hoping some dealers here in Houston will have a 2LT Camaro that I can test-drive by early summer. I keep checking back here daily to see who gets their car first and what they think of it :-).

Last edited by Nightstalker6118; 04-05-2009 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added that I love American pony cars in addition to the muscle cars :-).
Nightstalker6118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 04:48 PM   #81
KarFan

Drives: 2023 SGM Camaro 2SS 1LE 6M
I say be flattered as this is the place to be. The interest of fellow car lovers is a good thing and the Camaro’s return is generating a lot of interest.

The enemy isn’t the Mustang and Challenger and their fans it’s those looking to end the performance car party.
2002 White Camaro Z28 A4
KarFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:24 PM   #82
ZYAL8R

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
If I had a Stang and belonged to a Forum, it would be "The Stang Gang", it wouldn't be a Camaro site. I simply wouldn't have the time.

Now if I were to secretly want to make the changeover, then I'd be here.

84' Chevy S-10
91' Chevy S-10 Ext. Cab
90' GMC Sierra Reg. Cab 350 V8
2003 GMC Sierra HD 4x4 Crew 6.0
2005 GMC Yukon 5.3
2008 GMC Ext. Cab 4x4 5.3
2008 GMC Yukon SLT 5.3
This truck man is about to go for something a little more sporty.
ZYAL8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM   #83
DevilKnightFalcon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS
Send a message via AIM to DevilKnightFalcon Send a message via Yahoo to DevilKnightFalcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
Not at all.........Are you keeping the Mustang??
No, unfortunately I am selling it to help pay for the new car. I am graduating from ASU in May and starting my job so I thought I would get myself the Camaro as a graduation present. If I didn't need the money I would keep the Mustang as a second car.

MBRP Catback/Magnaflow Resonated X/Airraid V2 CAI/Dash ABL/Interior LEDs/Custom Paint/Jet Coated American Racing LT Headers/High Flow cats/Trifecta Tune
DevilKnightFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:58 PM   #84
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
That stinks would have been sweet to own both!