Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-28-2011, 02:44 AM   #1
OBSSEST

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS, Black
Any non-Camaros with "Extreme" good or bad factory tunes?

My limited knowledge of tuning comes 100% from Camaro5 forums.

My questions is directed at tuners who have worked on many different types of cars and trucks over the years.

Are there any makes and models that stand out as having EXTRAORDINARILY bad factory tunes? Cars or trucks where the gains are huge compared to what is typically gained from tuning an otherwise stock car? Conversely, are there any vehicles that seem to have exceptionally great factory tunes, where there is almost no improvement that can be made over their original specs?
OBSSEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by OBSSEST View Post
My limited knowledge of tuning comes 100% from Camaro5 forums.

My questions is directed at tuners who have worked on many different types of cars and trucks over the years.

Are there any makes and models that stand out as having EXTRAORDINARILY bad factory tunes? Cars or trucks where the gains are huge compared to what is typically gained from tuning an otherwise stock car? Conversely, are there any vehicles that seem to have exceptionally great factory tunes, where there is almost no improvement that can be made over their original specs?
Typically the Older Model Year they are the More room for Improvement there is available.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:54 PM   #3
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
Worst I've seen - TBSS and G8's. All of them
Fair to bad - all GM trucks mostly due to green house gases.
Good -Most C6 Z06 vette's.

Camaro's -not bad for M6's. Only seen 4 that the tune's were way off but thats around the engine and the way the factory built it.
Camaro A6 - The factory A6 tune just sucks ,bad.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote