Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 01-04-2013, 09:05 AM   #169
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Hello all,
Im new to this thread and just wanted to put my journey out there. Was heavy pretty much all my life. Decided last year at the age of 34 and the inspiration of a good friend to finally get healthy and do something with myself. With my job I walk regularly, so that wasnt a problem. Was my diet. A friend got me into the Visalus shakes and I lost about 26 pounds with that and walking. I reconnected with an old high school friend who is a trainer. Basically shes whooping me into shape. The Visalus went out the window because they are NO GOOD (along with all the other diet shakes) unless one is extremely obese and need something to just get started. For average people who are just trying to lose up to 30 or so pounds, eating right is the ticket. I run/walk 4 miles a day and see my trainer friend 3-4 times a week for up to 4 hours on those days. She put me on a high protein diet and Ive lost another 20 pounds. During the holidays were killer for me cause of the changed gym hours and also I basically stopped eating right. Since Thanksgiving Ive gained back about 7-9 pounds. Not happy with that but hey Im back on track now with the New year. I'm currently at 207 and have a goal of 185-190 again. Along with my weight goal is the goal of quitting smoking by the end of January. once I do that then my mile times should drop and my distance increase. I know I will feel alot better. I look forward to chatting with everyone and helping eachother become better and healthier.

I havent read through this whole thread only the last couple pages.

One thing I'd like to suggest is to BeckyD

Becky on youre diet plan I would like to make a few suggestions.

1. Make sure you use original unsweetened oatmeal
2. Mix in 2 tablespoons of All natural, unsweetened Almond butter with youre Oatmeal. It will certainly fill you up.
3. Cut out ALL dairy. No yogurt , milk, cheese etc. Use Natural Unsweetened Almond milk instead of Dairy/Coconut milk. U can use the Almond milk in youre Whey protein shakes also. Makes them creamier then water.
4. Vinagerette Salad dressings only if you must use a dressing. Everything else has dairy. Most definetely stay away from Ranch and blue cheese.
5. No breads. They are carbs. If you must have a bread use whole grain bread. Avoid white and wheat.
6. Try eating Tuna plain. No bread, no Mayo , no nothing except maybe some Mrs. Dashes spices which are one of the better spices to use.
7. Try only Chicken, Turkey or fish for youre main meals
8. Water, Water,Water. Water is youre best friend. Carry it everywhere with you.
9. No Alcohol, Contains tons of sugar

These are just a couple things I see and may suggest to you Becky. Good luck
Old 01-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #170
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Breakfast frittata

1. Cook up: Ham or low calorie turkey bacon or sausage, kale or spinach, mushroom, onion, sweet potato or asparagus (basically any veggie you want) in a skillet with olive oil

2. Place in a cake pan or oven pan with 9 whole whisked eggs (you can do less and dilute with milk if you want)

3. Place in the oven at 375-400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with a quarter of avocado.
You can save the other portions to take to reheat for breakfast during the week.

(From one of my Instagram friends which I have adjusted)
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #171
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Some motivation

driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #172
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIPE View Post
Hello all,
Im new to this thread and just wanted to put my journey out there. Was heavy pretty much all my life. Decided last year at the age of 34 and the inspiration of a good friend to finally get healthy and do something with myself. With my job I walk regularly, so that wasnt a problem. Was my diet. A friend got me into the Visalus shakes and I lost about 26 pounds with that and walking. I reconnected with an old high school friend who is a trainer. Basically shes whooping me into shape. The Visalus went out the window because they are NO GOOD (along with all the other diet shakes) unless one is extremely obese and need something to just get started. For average people who are just trying to lose up to 30 or so pounds, eating right is the ticket. I run/walk 4 miles a day and see my trainer friend 3-4 times a week for up to 4 hours on those days. She put me on a high protein diet and Ive lost another 20 pounds. During the holidays were killer for me cause of the changed gym hours and also I basically stopped eating right. Since Thanksgiving Ive gained back about 7-9 pounds. Not happy with that but hey Im back on track now with the New year. I'm currently at 207 and have a goal of 185-190 again. Along with my weight goal is the goal of quitting smoking by the end of January. once I do that then my mile times should drop and my distance increase. I know I will feel alot better. I look forward to chatting with everyone and helping eachother become better and healthier.

2. Mix in 2 tablespoons of All natural, unsweetened Almond butter with youre Oatmeal. It will certainly fill you up.
3. Cut out ALL dairy. No yogurt , milk, cheese etc. Use Natural Unsweetened Almond milk instead of Dairy/Coconut milk. U can use the Almond milk in youre Whey protein shakes also. Makes them creamier then water.
4. Vinagerette Salad dressings only if you must use a dressing. Everything else has dairy. Most definetely stay away from Ranch and blue cheese.
5. No breads. They are carbs. If you must have a bread use whole grain bread. Avoid white and wheat.
6. Try eating Tuna plain. No bread, no Mayo , no nothing except maybe some Mrs. Dashes spices which are one of the better spices to use.
8. Water, Water,Water. Water is youre best friend. Carry it everywhere with you.

Congrats on your weight loss, that is something to be proud of for sure! Sounds like you have worked your butt off.

Are you following a "whole 30"/paleo style diet?

As for cutting out dairy, and carbs... Ehhh. Everything has a place. I eat toast (whole grain or ezekiel) and drink milk first thing in the morning. Its is best for me prework out.
Everything in moderation (as long as its not fried or processed). And the only alcohol I have every so often is wine.

But to each his own.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:29 AM   #173
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossbunny View Post
Congrats on your weight loss, that is something to be proud of for sure! Sounds like you have worked your butt off.

Are you following a "whole 30"/paleo style diet?

As for cutting out dairy, and carbs... Ehhh. Everything has a place. I eat carbs and drink milk first thing in the morning. Its is best for me prework out.
Everything in moderation (as long as its not fried or processed). And the only alcohol I have every so often is wine.

But to each his own.

Thank you, Its been a tough journey and struggle that everyone has but I WILL reach my goal. Not sure my diet has an actual name or if its followed off anything. My trainer made it specifically for me so I just call it the ole PIPE plan lol. I just pulled a couple things out of it for Becky to try. I agree everyone is different and whats good for one may not be good for others.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #174
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
I totally just thought this thread was for weight loss on the camaro lol.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:35 AM   #175
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Thank you, Its been a tough journey and struggle that everyone has but I WILL reach my goal. Not sure my diet has an actual name or if its followed off anything. My trainer made it specifically for me so I just call it the ole PIPE plan lol. I just pulled a couple things out of it for Becky to try. I agree everyone is different and whats good for one may not be good for others.
Agree everyone is different and what works for one doesn't work for the other.

It sounds alot like whole 30. Which is no dairy, no legumes (beans), no carbs, no sugar, no alcohol.

Alot of people in the crossfit community follow the diet.

Its just not something that I believe in. I believe you should eat clean but everything (dairy, carbs, healthy fats, protiens) in moderation.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #176
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I totally just thought this thread was for weight loss on the camaro lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Some motivation

I posted that on instagram this morning actually! HAHAH Cracks me up.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #177
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Rather than address individual quotes I am going to speak in general. I never said it was easy but it is definately doable. I know for me it takes more effort to write this post than it does to create a healthy, tastey meal. Don't think you have to eat food that tastes like cardboard to do this but it does take some sacrifice. It will come to all those that really want it, if I didn't believe this whole heartedly I wouldn't waste my or your time here.It doesn't happen overnight, it takes two nights lol.

Dairy is not your enemy but should be limited to low or no fat and should not contain any added sugars, dairy on it's own is a sugar. The body does not distinguiish between different kinds of sugar, sugar is sugar so as long as you fit it into your caloric requirements you will be ok. The coconut milk is an excellent choice for a pre-workout shake as it is very easily digested and used as a fuel rather than getting stored as a fat.

I know everyone watches tv and reads about diets where you don't count cals, weigh or measure, plainly put BULL SHIT.Someone is counting , weighing, or measuring, if not the diet sucks, it may not be you if you buy pre made foods but someone is doing it. I'll bet that most people who claim they are eating a specific cal count really have no clue. Everything you eat or drink, be it a little milk in your coffee, that one chip you decided wouldn't savatage anything the extra couple of ounces of chicken breast or the healthy food you THOUGHT was healthy all add up. The little things you don't even consider probabilly have more calories than your meals do.

You have to weigh, measure or count PERIOD. If you don't belive me post up everything you eat in a day, I mean everything from a bottle of water, piece of gum, meals everything with a snapshot of the INGREDIENT LIST, then tell me how many cals you think you have eaten and I will enlighten you.

You can cut out certain foods or drinks and have some success but it's like throwing a bunch of HP parts on your car, it might go faster but then it might go slower, so why waste your time and money, do what is known to work.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #178
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Sorry you got hurt bossbunny. Take good care of it & hopefully it will heal soon.

I am not off to such a good start. Still having my morning shake & my home made mixed nuts etc trail mix snacks. I now take Amy's entres for my work lunches. If you have not tried any of her frozen entres you should. I don't know how nutritionally balanced they are, but it is not easy eating clean and gluten free. Her foods are made of organic real food ingredients (no chemicals, preservatives, etc). Yesterday the supper Mike cooked was WAY too sodium heavy, but I was tired & hungry & ate it followed by a lot of water. Today's was better (baked chicken breast with green/yellow peppers, brown rice & (the least good item) creamed corn. I didn't fuss. He gets home first & he is trying to learn to accomodate my gluten free diet. I still need to purge the house of leftover holiday treats that tempt me & I give in sometimes. I does not help that I have been rather down-in-the dumps lately. I do think I have, maybe, worked out a solution to my need for a exersize class. I will learn more about it tomorrow & see if it will work out. I will feel better once I get that going again. One step at a time I'll get back on track.

I've got a quick question, Why are you so hung up on a "gluten free diet"?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #179
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I've got a quick question, Why are you so hung up on a "gluten free diet"?
I believe in the last thread she said she was told she is intolerant.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #180
CFD

Quote:
I believe in the last thread she said she was told she is intolerant.
I didn't pick up on that. The reason I asked was there is always a new study that blames obeisity or being overweight on a particular food or substance, Gluten is one of those ingredients that has come under fire but unless you are intolerant consuming products with Gluten should not be much of an issue. With that said, most products with Gluten are also high carb and should be regulated not so much because of Gluten but because of the carbs.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #181
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Quote:
Hello all,

Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with BB that everyone has what works for them and I have a hard time with no and never. I know the downside of too many carbs, but as soon as you say never, I want it now I need to balance what I eat and try to eat clean. It will happen, just not all at once.

Quote:
Breakfast frittata

1. Cook up: Ham or low calorie turkey bacon or sausage, kale or spinach, mushroom, onion, sweet potato or asparagus (basically any veggie you want) in a skillet with olive oil

2. Place in a cake pan or oven pan with 9 whole whisked eggs (you can do less and dilute with milk if you want)

3. Place in the oven at 375-400 degrees for 30 minutes.

Serve with a quarter of avocado.
You can save the other portions to take to reheat for breakfast during the week.

(From one of my Instagram friends which I have adjusted)

This is right up my alley. Cut and pasted the recipe - thanks BB. This will be Sunday AM's breakfast
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM   #182
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree with BB that everyone has what works for them and I have a hard time with no and never. I know the downside of too many carbs, but as soon as you say never, I want it now I need to balance what I eat and try to eat clean. It will happen, just not all at once.

This is right up my alley. Cut and pasted the recipe - thanks BB. This will be Sunday AM's breakfast
Youre welcome. Just be mindful of how much of each you are putting in it so like CFD says you know how many calories you are eating.