Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-18-2010, 11:45 PM   #155
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
1 and 7/8ths headers and 3" catback with 2.5" mufflers. Seems to be the best set up for a street driven supercharger..

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:46 PM   #156
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Probably off banning someone....power-hungry freaks.
You guys need backup?

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 11:57 PM   #157
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
You getting the blower now? If not....I'd wait on headers, personally...get a catback for the sound, and
then do Maggie, headers and a tune all at once, later. Aren't you ideally supposed to do 2" headers with FI?
May be anywhere from 6 months to a year. Possibly more.

Quote:
LOL

Actually that is what THR and ARH told me when I was putting my build together.

You don't need 2" until you are getting close to 700 at the wheels.
I'll switch it when I get there. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT-Maro View Post
PQ, you wanting to go catback or axleback exhaust??

By the way you will love the Borla
Cat back. I believe with the LTH, espec. ARH, I gotta do it a certain way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotthat02fire View Post
Same set up I have you'll love it!!!! ZZmotorsports,or Janettey Racing two good souces for performance!!!!!

Quote:
1 and 7/8ths headers and 3" catback with 2.5" mufflers. Seems to be the best set up for a street driven supercharger..
So then I do it like that. If the cheif reason to wait on the headers and exhaust is to save money on the tuning, I may just say screw it and spend the money. I'd hate to pass it up and it be well over a year before I can drop the cake on the Maggie.

I know it sounds odd, but I litteraly don't know how long it will be til I can get it done. (the Maggie) It may be 3 months, it may be 6 months, it may be well over a year.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #158
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I am now back on the SC wagon... I am so confused!

I have Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and a 2.5" Borla exhaust. It'd save me some money to go SC vs turbo. Then I can be just like PQ! (I've been stalking him).

Oh yeah, about mods... some over zealous mod (who shall remain nameless, cough, cough) once issued a warning to lil ol' me! - harmless lil me! (Said mod did retract said warning... much grovelling was involved on my part.)
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 AM   #159
RJT-Maro
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Supercharged RJT SS!
Send a message via AIM to RJT-Maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
May be anywhere from 6 months to a year. Possibly more.

I'll switch it when I get there. lol

Cat back. I believe with the LTH, espec. ARH, I gotta do it a certain way.

So then I do it like that. If the cheif reason to wait on the headers and exhaust is to save money on the tuning, I may just say screw it and spend the money. I'd hate to pass it up and it be well over a year before I can drop the cake on the Maggie.

I know it sounds odd, but I litteraly don't know how long it will be til I can get it done. (the Maggie) It may be 3 months, it may be 6 months, it may be well over a year.
Ok. I'm planing to do LTH and hi flo cats the end of this month. I wonder how it will work with my axle back???

What Borla system are you going with>??
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger, ARH 1 7/8 LT Headers with 3" X-Pipe, Borla S-Type Axle-Back, DMH Low Profile Exhaust Cut-Outs, MTI Racing CAI, Stage 2 Camshaft(227/239 .614/.624) with new springs, Katech C5R Z Timing Chain, LS7 Bowtie Damper, MTI Hot Spark Plug Wires, MTI Racing Lowering Springs and Swaybars, Aluminum Oil Catch Can, 160 Degree Thermostat, MTI Tune. 554RWHP 528RWTQ Built By: MTI Racing Dyno Sheet here
RJT-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:17 AM   #160
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I am now back on the SC wagon... I am so confused!

I have Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers and a 2.5" Borla exhaust. It'd save me some money to go SC vs turbo. Then I can be just like PQ! (I've been stalking him).

Oh yeah, about mods... some over zealous mod (who shall remain nameless, cough, cough) once issued a warning to lil ol' me! - harmless lil me! (Said mod did retract said warning... much grovelling was involved on my part.)
You didn't grovel. If I remember correctly you threatened to slap my knuckles with a ruler...

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #161
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
If you want to do the headers and exhaust right now and the maggie later you can do so Ted Jannetty can send you a tunes as you upgrade!!!! I here there are deals when you do this but don't quote me!!!!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM   #162
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Having re-thought my comments...go get the headers now...the sound is killer ('especially if you've got THR mufflers...but I'm biased), and you don't NEED to tune them until you get the supercharger. So no money lost, and it'll actually be spread out across a longer period of time.

I can't quite justify a supercharger when I get my little monster...but I wish I could, I'd be right there with you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
Meh, He'll back off if you bark loud enough. Such a mushy do-gooder.... Love ya', buddy!!
Old 07-19-2010, 09:20 PM   #163
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
You didn't grovel. If I remember correctly you threatened to slap my knuckles with a ruler...

Old habit die hard! Sorry about that! Did your knuckles heal up ok?

Love ya, dude! Oh yeah, love your car too!
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 09:23 PM   #164
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Having re-thought my comments...go get the headers now...the sound is killer ('especially if you've got THR mufflers...but I'm biased), and you don't NEED to tune them until you get the supercharger. So no money lost, and it'll actually be spread out across a longer period of time.

Good Advice...

I can't quite justify a supercharger when I get my little monster...but I wish I could, I'd be right there with you!

Ha, we'll see. You are going to change your mind eleventybillion times between now and then.

Meh, He'll back off if you bark loud enough. Such a mushy do-gooder.... Love ya', buddy!! Yeah, an all-around good guy

Totally off topic Dragon, but I was at the annual Antique Wooden Boat Show here in Alexandria Bay last weekend. There was some incredible workmanship there. You would have really like it. Very nice...
Old 07-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #165
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Totally off topic Dragon, but I was at the annual Antique Wooden Boat Show here in Alexandria Bay last weekend. There was some incredible workmanship there. You would have really like it. Very nice...
Oho -- I never told you I started a new one...'cept I'm teaching kids to do it, now...and it's just a hair under 25' long! Other one not done, yet -- but it does have shape and epoxy.

As far as superchargers...heh -- no more mind-changing. Consider it trying on different sets of clothes till you find the one that's "just right".
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #166
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Oho -- I never told you I started a new one...'cept I'm teaching kids to do it, now...and it's just a hair under 25' long! Other one not done, yet -- but it does have shape and epoxy.

As far as superchargers...heh -- no more mind-changing. Consider it trying on different sets of clothes till you find the one that's "just right".

25' ???

You are a wild man...
Old 07-19-2010, 09:37 PM   #167
Mr. Wyndham

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
25' ???

You are a wild man...
It's SO much fun.....I'm one of those lucky ones who loves what he does for a living, I guess.
Old 07-21-2010, 12:39 AM   #168
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
It's SO much fun.....I'm one of those lucky ones who loves what he does for a living, I guess.
Me too............... I sit in my office and surf C5 all week. lmao

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle