Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-31-2018, 04:21 PM   #1
Da Beest

Drives: 2015 Chevy Camaro
STS Single Turbo System w/tune package

I am in the process of installing a STS Single Turbo System w/Tune Package in my 2015 LT, V6 LFX engime, auto trans.
Has anyone stepped out and have done this mod? If so, how do you like it? Any problems?
Also, I would like to get the pro & cons on this. Anyone?

If anyone interested, I am selling:

Solo LFX V6 High Flow Cats w/resonator - SOLD
Cold Air Inductions Chrome Air Intake
MagnaFlow-Street Series-Stainless Steel Axle Back Exhaust
Jet Performance Mass Air Flow sensor

Last edited by Da Beest; 02-13-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Da Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 05:25 PM   #2
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Check the V6 Forced Induction forum and search there. I'm pretty sure there were a couple of STS single builds.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #3
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
I've had twins rear mounted on my 2010 Limited Edition LLT since 2011. I just recently installed a 2014 LFX engine into it. Rear mounts work as good as any if you insulate the entire muffler system. I have Zero turbo lag. A single will work nicely except you may have some lag. Get a high stall converter and you should be good to go. Never had a problem. Love rear mounts.
alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
PM sent
swampcritter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:02 AM   #5
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
I've had twins rear mounted on my 2010 Limited Edition LLT since 2011. I just recently installed a 2014 LFX engine into it. Rear mounts work as good as any if you insulate the entire muffler system. I have Zero turbo lag. A single will work nicely except you may have some lag. Get a high stall converter and you should be good to go. Never had a problem. Love rear mounts.
Which system did you go with? Self install or pro?
Old 02-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #6
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
How much are you asking for the high flow cats? I sent you a PM also.Thanks
swampcritter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #7
Da Beest

Quote:
Originally Posted by alice View Post
Please excuse my ignorance..What do you mean by insulate the entire muffler system?
Old 02-14-2018, 08:22 AM   #8
alice

Drives: 2010 camaro limited edition turbo
We engineered our own system but did follow the basic fundamentals of the STS design except we upgraded all parts and components. These systems will perform as good as any other turbo system. Heat is completely eliminated in the engine compartment and runs very cool in the back of the vehicle. Of course, we used the EFR 6258, water cooled turbochargers.

When I speak of insulating the muffler system, I am referring to simply wrapping the entire exhaust with something like header wrap, in order to keep as much heat in the pipes and not to allow it to dissipate through the length of the exhaust as it travels back to the turbo/turbos. This allows as good of spool up as you can get. My system, though other components contribute to spool up, has no turbo lag. Boost comes on immediately. Wrapping the exhaust made a noticeable difference as we began doing these installs. On my personal Camaro, I went crazy and used 2 layers of header wrap and then got some NASA insulation and covered the entire system. After a hard run, I shot the outside temperature of the exhaust and it only measured 125 to 130 degrees anywhere along the system, very, very cool!!! This translates into most all the heat energy being retained from the engine to the rear of the car where the turbines are.

This is the only system I would ever consider after realizing the many benefits of rear mounts. In my opinion, the most important component in a rear mount is the oil scavenge pump and I only recommend the TURBOWERX EXA PUMP. Forget all the others. The reliability is exceptional.
Attached Images

alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
Da Beest

alice, Thanks for getting back to me. Very interesting. Something for me to do, since my car is still up on the hoist. My turbo install is a winter project, almost done. Working on electrical now. Have to change my plugs and waiting on tune. Then I can start up Da Beest.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #10
Da Beest

Car is done and @ Trifecta in Washington for its tune. No charge to me. Had to have another map sensor added to read throttle inlet pressure to help with drive-ability. She's at 400rwhp. Next stop will be Squires Performance in Utah for high elevation testing and necessary adjustments. I guess Washington is low low low in elevation. Then the Da Beest will be sent home....
Old 04-19-2018, 10:27 PM   #11
kingwale

Drives: 2017 SS
You didn’t go catless?
kingwale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #12
Da Beest

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwale View Post
You didn’t go catless?
I didn't go catless. Doing this mod, everything had to be stock. I can't complain. 400rwhp with a 3.6L sounds good for now.