Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 3rd Generation Camaros

Old 02-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
GRASSHOPPER

Drives: 1987 z28
3rd gen wheels

ok so all the reading i have been able to do it seems to me that the wheels and tire fitted on the irocs are 245/50/16 and they are mounted on 16x8 rims. so, are all 3rg gens able to accept these wheels and tires or do the irocs have a little wider wheel well? and is that as wide as we can we fit in there without mods? also, is that size for the front and the back or is the front a little narrower?
GRASSHOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:24 AM   #2
MaRoFreK

Drives: IOM 1SS w/factory Hurst
If I'm not mistakin on an Iroc the wheels are a staggered set up the rear has a differant offset then the front. So the rear have to stay on the rear and front have to stay on the front. I think it actually says Front on the front wheels and rear on the rear wheels. And yes you can put the Iroc wheels on any 3rd gen. I had 89 Iroc wheels on my 86.

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
MaRoFreK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 AM   #3
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRASSHOPPER View Post
ok so all the reading i have been able to do it seems to me that the wheels and tire fitted on the irocs are 245/50/16 and they are mounted on 16x8 rims. so, are all 3rg gens able to accept these wheels and tires or do the irocs have a little wider wheel well? and is that as wide as we can we fit in there without mods? also, is that size for the front and the back or is the front a little narrower?
I have an 89 IROC. First, not all IROC wheels are the same. There are 15" and 16" style. The ones with double lines in the spokes are 16". That's what I have. Also the front and rear wheels are different. Not exactlly sure how but the back wheel is visually a deeper dish. I'm sure it has to do with offset.

Those 16" wheels should fit right up to any camaro. I don't think the rear is any wider, just a different offset.

Hope that helps!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #4
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaRoFreK View Post
If I'm not mistakin on an Iroc the wheels are a staggered set up the rear has a differant offset then the front. So the rear have to stay on the rear and front have to stay on the front. I think it actually says Front on the front wheels and rear on the rear wheels. And yes you can put the Iroc wheels on any 3rd gen. I had 89 Iroc wheels on my 86.
They say FRONT and REAR.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #5
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Here are the different wheels IROCs got. Single and double stripe. I believe, but not sure the single stripe had a 15" and 16" option. The doubles were all 16". The non ttop and stripe delete car is mine.

Old 02-03-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
GRASSHOPPER

Drives: 1987 z28
ok, so is 245/50 the widest they can handle without rubbing?
GRASSHOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I honestly have no idea what you could squeeze on.
Old 02-03-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
MaRoFreK

I plan on putting 275s all the way around Mine I have the same wheels for my 87 also.
Attached Images

Stainless works Catback with Flowmaster Single Chamber Mufflers, Vararam, Factory Hurst, SLP SS emblems, SLP Skip Shift
Old 02-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #9
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

I see youre missing a center cap. I don't know about those style but on the style I have I needed 2 and I could only find a set of 4 and those little buggers were expensive!!!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
MaRoFreK

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I see youre missing a center cap. I don't know about those style but on the style I have I needed 2 and I could only find a set of 4 and those little buggers were expensive!!!
Well My buddy picked the wheels up for me today actually lol. But anyways he has all 4 but I guess one was popped out. Hopefully its not broken. Cause you're right those things are pricey!!

And also the biggest tire I could find was a 255.