Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #379
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
As requested by a couple members, here are some interior pics for reference.
Attached Images

ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:03 PM   #380
Cheeyuhh

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS
bravo bravo well done! Amazing car!
Old 05-13-2014, 11:44 AM   #381
mlc67ss
424 RWHP and counting

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS RJT M6
Big Red Headed to a New Home

Well the car hauler is on the way to move Big Red to her new home in Fort Lauderdale. Whooo Hoooo !!!!! What a great car and done so excellently by a true Camaro guru. Mike your car is beautiful and caught my eye from the start. Once she thaws out a little in the sun I have a few personal mods to add to your baby. I thought as well as you did the first thing she is going to need is a new heart beat. Expect a video and new dyno in a month or two. With your permission I will keep this thread alive with all new mods and happenings of Big Red. Maybe you can post a few pics of her being loaded on transport and I will carry on with her being delivered.

Considering how you have cared for this car from the start; I feel like before I do anything I should check with you. Feels like messing with another mans woman.

I have 2 qualified speed shops very close to me, both about 15 minutes away. Lashway Motorsports to the South and Redline Performance to the north. It will be hard picking who to trust her with. Happy to get any feedback from any forum members on either one of these two shops.

You may feel like when she leaves but rest assured that I will take very good care of her and never leave her in the sun too long.

Matt
mlc67ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #382
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Sold it? What?!

Well first, congrats Matt. I hope you keep this thread alive...I had no idea Mike was even selling it!! This was always one of my fav cars on the board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:59 PM   #383
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Yep it's true! Big Red has found a new home in sunny Florida! Thank you mlc67ss for your interest and purchase of this amazing Camaro! I know that it's going to be taken care of and it will now get that cam I've always dreamed of but just never got around to doing! Can't wait to hear it when it's done!

It's been a real experience owning and modding this car! Good and bad I always enjoyed coming on here and researching what to do next! I made some mistakes, dealt with vendors, both good and some not so good, but in the end Big Red turned out great! I especially love this website! It's been a great way to get help, connect with vendors, give help, and especially making friends! Some friends I've made here I haven't even met! A special thanks goes out to my Upstate C5 family for giving me and Big Red a bunch of great guys and gals to hang out with!

The decision to sell was actually kind of quick but has been stewing in my head all winter. As I was doing the last set of winter mods in preparation for this year's track days/HPDE events I kept thinking of the expense involved and what it was going to take to keep doing what I wanted to do. That and a sudden realization that I need to get really serious about retirement savings brought me to the decision. It was really tough to do but it needed to be done!

So, with that said, this will be my final journal entry before handing it over to Matt! I placed an ad here in the members autos for sale thread and within 3 days had a deposit! So for you guys that say it's not easy to sell your car here I beg to differ! Matt set up a transport truck to have it hauled away and this past Thursday it was loaded up and on it's way. Here's a couple pics and videos of it's last day here and being loaded up! As I was taking the pics and videos I came very close to calling Matt and calling the whole thing off and returning his money! Big Red looked better than I've ever seen it! Funny how that happens!

http://youtu.be/FDTkRtZAzNE

http://youtu.be/ULlaJkOX8tk
Attached Images

Old 06-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #384
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
BIG RED will truly be missed at our events Mike, I'm happy I had the opportunity to look this great ride over in person though. Matt you are one luck guy to get your hands on one of the most tastefully modded SS's I've ever seen. Enjoy and keep the legacy of BIG RED alive!
Old 06-16-2014, 06:04 PM   #385
mlc67ss
424 RWHP and counting

We have had the car here in Fort Lauderdale for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Every time I have driven her we have had our picture taken, given a or . We brought her out to the local Friday night car show and met a few other Camaro5 people. I think the car was photographed 50 times that night.

This week I left the car for 3 days with Shawn Sullivan from Sullys Detailing http://www.sullysdetailing.com/ He did an absolutely amazing job. ZERO clear coat micro scratches, Polished and waxed the car. The car is flawless now. I took her out today and parked it on the lawn for a little photo shoot. I also had Shawn install some LED's in the engine bay. In the picture they don't look as good as they do at night. There are currently 3 strips. 1 on the firewall and one on each side of the radiator.

The only issue we I had so far had been with one of the rear coilovers (Pedders XA) It has developed an oil leak and I am currently exploring options to fix or replace. So here are a few pictured of the gorgeous Red Jewel Tintcoat in the Florida sun :-)

Matt
Attached Images

Old 06-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #386
techinny

Drives: '18 Sierra Denali '05 GMC 2500HD
You definitely bought a beautiful car, Congrats!

Had: 2010 SS/RS M6 Hurst STS, Noweeds
techinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:13 AM   #387
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Wow! They did a great job detailing! Looks fantastic! I'm glad you're enjoying the car and I hope you get that coilover leak squared away! It's good to see Big Red being well cared for!
Old 06-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #388
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlc67ss View Post
We have had the car here in Fort Lauderdale for a few weeks now and absolutely love it. Every time I have driven her we have had our picture taken, given a or . We brought her out to the local Friday night car show and met a few other Camaro5 people. I think the car was photographed 50 times that night.

This week I left the car for 3 days with Shawn Sullivan from Sullys Detailing http://www.sullysdetailing.com/ He did an absolutely amazing job. ZERO clear coat micro scratches, Polished and waxed the car. The car is flawless now. I took her out today and parked it on the lawn for a little photo shoot. I also had Shawn install some LED's in the engine bay. In the picture they don't look as good as they do at night. There are currently 3 strips. 1 on the firewall and one on each side of the radiator.

The only issue we I had so far had been with one of the rear coilovers (Pedders XA) It has developed an oil leak and I am currently exploring options to fix or replace. So here are a few pictured of the gorgeous Red Jewel Tintcoat in the Florida sun :-)

Matt
you went to Towers ??? damn I missed it cause it is a very long trip for to go up there every Friday. I hope I can get to meet you in person and see this car.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:47 PM   #389
mlc67ss
424 RWHP and counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
you went to Towers ??? damn I missed it cause it is a very long trip for to go up there every Friday. I hope I can get to meet you in person and see this car.

Yep we went to Towers. I will most likely bring it out there once a month if there is no chance of rain.
Old 07-20-2014, 06:30 PM   #390
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

I had a dream about Big Red the other night. I dreamed that I was thinking "it really sucks that I had to sell my Camaro" then in the dream I woke up and discovered that it was just a dream and Big Red was still in the garage! But then I woke up for real and realized that the whole thing was just a dream! LOL!
Old 08-13-2014, 08:13 PM   #391
mlc67ss
424 RWHP and counting

Here is an update for the build thread - Big Red is going into the shop for a few more mods. Imagine that, Monday she is going into Lashway Motorsports for a cam and all the accompanying accessories, new exhaust and a little R&R of the rear Pedders Coilovers. Cant wait to she what she will pull on the dyno when its all done. Stay tuned for pictures and an update.

If your interested on the current Solo exhaust and Highflow cats I have posted in the classified section.

Matt
Old 08-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #392
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Good luck with it Matt! Can't wait to see the numbers and be sure to post a video!