Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
wlvrine

Drives: 2013 HW Edition
Camaro Requests

I know that there is a lot of info out there, but I just wanted to know...what is everybody requesting (from their dealers) before or once the Camaro comes in. I know I definetly don't want them do anything to it until I get there and can touch it first...
Is there anything I should be looking out for, or expecting from my dealership upon delivery??
Just curious.
Thanks.
wlvrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #2
Corvin

Drives: Soon to have a 2SS 2010 Camaro
I just told them none of those stupid dealer stickers on my car! Or heads will roll
Corvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:47 AM   #3
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
No dealer stickers, no front plate. I noticed most people that work at the dealer are older so I am not so worried about the possbility of a joyride.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I've always asked my dealer to;

- CALL ME AS SOON AS IT ARRIVES!

- PLEASE wait for my arrival before doing anything.

- NOT place and dealer stickers/emblems on the car.

- To CAREFULLY remove the window sticker so that I may save it.

- WAIT to wash the car until my arrival.

- Please allow me to take pictures of its arrival, ie; before it is washed, etc..
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
NO FRONT LICENSE PLATE BRACKET!! - I told them that I would be extremely dissapointed!

And no dealer stickers!

I live about 600 miles from my Dealer, so it's not very condusive to ask them to leave the car alone until I get there...

Last edited by Tantalizer43; 12-24-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
You know everyone at the dealer will want to "take it for a spin"- Ask to be called when the car arrives on the truck and check the mileage at that point. I worked for several g.m. dealers and know there are some employees who will abuse a new hot car. You can ask that the window sticker be left on the window, no dealer name on the rear, no front plate holes, etc. My dealer is only 2 miles away and I will be there !.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #7
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
I don't bother making special requests because in my vast experience it makes no difference. Some jackass at the dealership will put that front plate on because the salesman won't de-brief every employee on how "your" car should be treated.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:04 PM   #8
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_2Many View Post
I don't bother making special requests because in my vast experience it makes no difference. Some jackass at the dealership will put that front plate on because the salesman won't de-brief every employee on how "your" car should be treated.
When I ordered my SS, I ordered it from a dealer in NJ, where a front plate is required. I made him write, in HUGE RED letters, I asked him to write on the ordering paperwork, as well as on several pieces of 8X11 paper, placed on the car upon arrival, "NO FRONT PLATES!".
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM   #9
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
My dealer and my dad have been best friends as far back as highschool so i dont got to worry about any of this stuff if i tell him what i want and dont want dont to the car i know he will do what i say.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #10
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i told my dealer no one sits in it. no customers or employess. no touching(its black) and call me when it comes in and ill have the flatbed there to pic it up. with me breathing down their neck making sure nothing happens to it.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:29 PM   #11
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
1. Get it off the truck

2. Park it

3. Walk away. Don't even unwrap it.

4. Call me immediately. I'll take care of the rest. If there's any required checks they "must" make, I'm going to be standing right there. Definitely no cleanup and NO DEALER ADVERTISING.

Yes, I've driven cars home with the wrapping still on them (less the windshield, of course). Probably looks stupid on the road, but makes me feel better
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #12
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
No dealer stickers at all. License plate frames are fine, as those are easy to remove and cause no damage.

No one test drives it. I understand there is nothing I can do about how it is driven onto and off the truck and into PDI, but no customer and no one not involved in removing it from the truck, driving it to PDI, and delivering it to me out front will touch it. When I bought my Cobalt, there was one that showed up in the online inventory report for a local dealership that had the color and options I wanted. I called the dealership and told them I'd be there the next day. They called me back the next day and told me someone had totaled it on a test drive. No one drives my Camaro except for the reasons noted above.

When I bought my Cobalt they gave me all window stickers. I expect I'll get the same for my Camaro.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #13
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I've always asked my dealer to;

- CALL ME AS SOON AS IT ARRIVES!

- PLEASE wait for my arrival before doing anything.

- NOT place and dealer stickers/emblems on the car.

- To CAREFULLY remove the window sticker so that I may save it.

- WAIT to wash the car until my arrival.

- Please allow me to take pictures of its arrival, ie; before it is washed, etc..

I have a great dealer, he already told me most of this is his SOP. He said absolutely NOTHING will be done to my car until I get there.

I know this is true, because I saw the way he handled my Silverado when it came in, the way the ZR1 head sold came in, and their passion for this car as well.

On top of this, they are calling me when the car is route to the dealer so I can video it as it comes off the truck.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #14
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Yeah, I said no dealer decals. And no test/joy riding.

After the new year, I'm gonna go down and talk to my guy face-to-face again. Remember, he WANTS to sell you this car you ordered. He's working for YOU. If they won't give you what you want, go someplace else.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote