Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #141
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan23 View Post
Why are cops so sensitive? If you;re scared get a new job. I can carry my gun anywhere I choose, except some PRIVATE business and government buildings. Sorry that bothers you. See I protect myself and my family. I dont call guys and girls in funny suits to help. They are minutes away when seconds count. So again I dont see how me carry a weapon infringes on anyone. At all. My gun just sits in a safe waiting for ME to use it. Guns dont have legs and brains. Sorry.
obviously spoken by someone who doesn't have a clue.......dude being that way keeps you alive......like I said....get a life....I'm glad you are so secure in your world that you have to have a gun by your side every second......let me tell you a little secret....chances are if someone wanted to get after you....I'm betting you won't have time to get to your gun to help you.....at least that's what I have been able to see in my police experience...even when drug dealers have guns next to them and get robbed by other dealers in a home invasion....they don't have time to help themselves......

good luck.....and watch out the boogie man might be coming to your house tonight....be ready to shoot.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:18 PM   #142
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Okay, here we go.........so you are one of the people that knows exactly what the founding fathers meant.... can I please borrow your time machine?
so by your post you think the 2nd means....I can carry what I want, when I want, and where I want and no one or no law can or should do anything about it....." and the Constitution is all about "me"..... screw everyone else and their rights?? sounds like it......sorry professor, your rights go only so far as they don't infringe on someone else's...

Now don't get me wrong, I am not against private gun ownership as long as its done by responsible people who don't have the propensity towards violence and criminal behavior. You have to look at time when those rights were written and the purpose for which those "arms" were needed.....ie, as a call for a general citizen militia to fight as an "army"..... so maybe you have an argument for carrying assault weapons where and when you see fit....if we were in a "Red Dawn" kind of condition, but in times of peace your "right" will be regulated for the "peace and safety" of the general public.....
So....go ahead and grab up your assault rifle and walk up Pennsylvania Ave in DC or walk up to your local school....see how far your 2nd Amendment right gets you....sorry sport that ship won't sail.....
and if you feel you need to carry an assault rifle around for self protection....you my friend have some freakin issues.

If the "right" can be regulated for public safety, then it isn't a right. How does my owning or carrying an AR15 or AK47 infringe on anyone?

I bet your opinion would change very quickly if you change the 2nd for the 1st in your situations and the same regulations were applied.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #143
SILVERHAWK

Ummmm AK = assault rifle........toy equivalent being carried by a kid on a public street...... the whole basis for the thread......really?

sorry I guess I offended you...by calling it by its class of weapon instead of the name.........
Old 10-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #144
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
I think people are missing the point.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #145
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SILVERHAWK View Post
Ummmm AK = assault rifle........toy equivalent being carried by a kid on a public street...... the whole basis for the thread......really?

sorry I guess I offended you...by calling it by its class of weapon instead of the name.........

Semi auto AK47 that most people own is not an assault rifle.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #146
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

The point of the thread is not about the right to own a gun or carry it, but modifying the "toy gun" to look like a real gun and pointing at an officer or not dropping the "toy gun" when told to do so.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #147
Bhobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewel25 View Post
The point of the thread is not about the right to own a gun or carry it, but modifying the "toy gun" to look like a real gun and pointing at an officer or not dropping the "toy gun" when told to do so.
Cops have shot people for holding hose nozzles when they turned around. Cops treat everyone as a threat and when the person turns around holding something, they get shot. That is the point in all of this.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #148
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
It's amazing what this has turned into. It has nothing to do with gun rights ,but everything to do with 1: Was the boy allowed to be carrying a "Real" AK-47 in the town he lives in.(because the cops have to assume it's real. I agree) and 2: Is there another way they could have handled the situation? I say number two has a lot to do with the answer to number one.

I'm basing this solely off of the article because that's the only thing any of us can do. It sounds like the cops were driving down the street, see this kid with a gun and proceed to go all Hollywood with flailing the doors open, lighting up and yelling at someone that is turned away from them. It would seem to me that they already had their mind made up about the kid before they ever stopped the patrol car. I could see a kid that age getting scared and not thinking clearing when being jumped by the cops out of the blue.
Like I said before, cops are human and they do make mistakes and sometimes use bad judgement. The also have to power to fix it when they do. That's one of the perks of risking your life everyday I guess. I respect the men and women in law enforcement. I have real good friend that is a state cop and I know many of our locals. I just wonder if they way that reads to me is just the media making it sound that way or if that's the way it went down. I guess we'll never know.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 01:24 PM   #149
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
I think people are missing the point.
ya think
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM   #150
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
450,000 died from cigarettes. Wheres the huge campaign to make them illegal?

Found it

http://www.petitiononline.com/00snail/petition.html
Old 10-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #151
SILVERHAWK

Quote:
Sorry. Silverhawk had a response to me. Rather strawmanish and rude but I will respond back. I hope he learned something today.

yeah......I learned sooo much......thank you......give me a break....
Old 10-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #152
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
He pointed it at the officers? Says who? The cop that shot him? There was a Dallas cop here recently that was fired for shooting a kid for no reason. His police reports said the kid "lunged at him" until the video showed up.
i'm sure there are a lot of cops that tell the truth now and again.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #153
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
Cops have shot people for holding hose nozzles when they turned around. Cops treat everyone as a threat and when the person turns around holding something, they get shot. That is the point in all of this.
Yeah, if I was holding a hose nozzle I would have dropped it. If a cop has a gun pointed at me and says drop what I have in my hand and tells me to drop to the ground I am going to do it. It is not a rights, but about keeping myself alive. If I have nothing to hide then I will do what the officer says.

Quote:
He pointed it at the officers? Says who? The cop that shot him? There was a Dallas cop here recently that was fired for shooting a kid for no reason. His police reports said the kid "lunged at him" until the video showed up.
You are right I am just going off the report, but where you there? Did you see what happened? I doubt it.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #154
Bhobbs

Quote:
Yeah, if I was holding a hose nozzle I would have dropped it. If a cop has a gun pointed at me and says drop what I have in my hand and tells me to drop to the ground I am going to do it. It is not a rights, but about keeping myself alive. If I have nothing to hide then I will do what the officer says.

What if you don't know it's a cop? What if you don't hear them? If someone behind you starts yelling, you can immediately know it's a cop?