Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
GM Supplier Pricing for Recent College Grads

Like the title says, GM has a deal that recent or soon to be graduates can get supplier pricing on almost every GM vehicle.

Rules - Must be graduating in 6 months or less (and have proof) or have graduated within the previous 2 years (again with proof).

Dealers are NOT required to accept GM supplier discount.

For more see the following site...

http://www.gmcollegegrad.com

I will be using this as my first option (I will be buying my camaro after the heat dies down, 6-8 months after release)

I graduate end of the fall semester!
Old 05-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #2
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Wow! Cool Find!

I hope this continues for a few years...That would help out A LOT!
Old 05-09-2008, 01:04 AM   #3
Mrbobcat

Drives: 2016 Mustang GT premium
Anybody notice it expires on 5-21-08? I also doubt they will have these on the camaro when it first comes out, but we can only hope. If they still do have something like this next summer, that would be awesome and make my choice of my next car much easier. I can already get the ford discount and nissan only gave me 500 the last time I graduated. I hope a 1 year certificate qualifies, but it was for an LPN license...
Mrbobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
That's awsome.

I'm offered a GM Supplier discount through my work and I'm concerned wether or not I will find a local dealer that will accept it on the new Camaro or if the Camaro will be exempt from the deal, maybe the high end will.

I looked at this years exempt list and other than the Z06 Vette, the ones that were exempt from the discount were all hybrids.

I don't know anyone here in my office that has been turned down on a GM vehicle, but I have heard of someone being denied using the discount on a new release Infiniti. (We manufacture dealer signs, so we have similar discounts available for other car manufactures too). I heard of one dealer that would accept the ford discount on a GT500 so that gives me some hope. From what I understand, there's no negotiating the price, it's fixed, and the salesman makes like $75.00. If that's the case I can see why they might not have much incentive to accept the discount on a car they know will sell for more.

I also heard that it has to be a vehicle in inventory. You couldn't use it when ordering.

BTW, when I looked into the GM supplier discount, I found that you were able to share it with a friend or family member. I think you had up to a year to offer it to someone and they had 6 months to use it.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbobcat View Post
Anybody notice it expires on 5-21-08? I also doubt they will have these on the camaro when it first comes out, but we can only hope. If they still do have something like this next summer, that would be awesome and make my choice of my next car much easier. I can already get the ford discount and nissan only gave me 500 the last time I graduated. I hope a 1 year certificate qualifies, but it was for an LPN license...
The expiration was on the cash incentive ad mrbobcat, and chances are you are correct that the first model year may not be available under this program, but we will see(and I can always get a 2011 model!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston70 View Post
That's awsome.

I'm offered a GM Supplier discount through my work and I'm concerned wether or not I will find a local dealer that will accept it on the new Camaro or if the Camaro will be exempt from the deal, maybe the high end will.

I looked at this years exempt list and other than the Z06 Vette, the ones that were exempt from the discount were all hybrids.

I don't know anyone here in my office that has been turned down on a GM vehicle, but I have heard of someone being denied using the discount on a new release Infiniti. (We manufacture dealer signs, so we have similar discounts available for other car manufactures too). I heard of one dealer that would accept the ford discount on a GT500 so that gives me some hope. From what I understand, there's no negotiating the price, it's fixed, and the salesman makes like $75.00. If that's the case I can see why they might not have much incentive to accept the discount on a car they know will sell for more.

I also heard that it has to be a vehicle in inventory. You couldn't use it when ordering.

BTW, when I looked into the GM supplier discount, I found that you were able to share it with a friend or family member. I think you had up to a year to offer it to someone and they had 6 months to use it.
Under the FAQ, dealers have the right to refuse the discount, you don't have to pick from vehicles in inventory YOU CAN order them, same rules for normal supplier discount apply in otherwords you must retain for 6 months (2 years for corvette), it only works for you (you can cosign/cotitle).
Old 05-09-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
aston70

Drives: Me Nutz!! Arrrrgh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by diarmadhi View Post
Under the FAQ, dealers have the right to refuse the discount, you don't have to pick from vehicles in inventory YOU CAN order them, same rules for normal supplier discount apply in otherwords you must retain for 6 months (2 years for corvette), it only works for you (you can cosign/cotitle).
Yeah, I already know they can refuse the discount, I'm just hoping I can find one locally that won't. I just heard from someone you had to select from inventory and also I misunderstood something that I read on the faq page, sorry. I was wrong there and good to know actually.

But, I can share the discount under my company's plan. Sorry, I didn't read the college plan faq page just the one for my company. I didn't realize they'd be different. My bad. This is directly quoted from my faq page:

Share Your Discount

Can I share the GM Supplier Discount with friends and family?
Yes. Each time you purchase or lease a new GM vehicle under the GM Supplier Discount program, you can share your supplier discount with one friend or family member. You can share pricing for up to one year from the date of your vehicle purchase. Once you obtain an authorization number, your friend or family member will have six months to use it.

Who is eligible to share supplier pricing with friends and family members?
Active hourly and salaried (full- and part-time) employees of eligible GM suppliers and business associates (e.g., fleet and commercial customers), not including contract employees. Please note: To qualify for this program, you must be a resident of the United States. To determine if your company is eligible, please contact your HR department.
aston70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:43 AM   #7
Grape Ape

Drives: 96 Bronco w/ a 5 speed
The way it works:

If the dealer is selling them as fast as he can get them in at MSRP (or higher:() then he will not accept your discount.

If you come back when the rush is over they will be only too happy to accept your discount and try to sell you every dealer installed extra under then sun.

Last edited by Grape Ape; 05-12-2008 at 08:44 AM. Reason: spelling
Grape Ape is offline   Reply With Quote