Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-29-2012, 10:41 PM   #43
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Phenomenal write up. Thanks for sharing this with us and allowing us to live vicariously through your experience.
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:50 PM   #44
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Joe - incredible write-up -- you continue to amaze and impress me with your insight.

To those who have had doubts about this car - trust me - you will be impressed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
all is well - off to Cleveland on Friday - then 'off' (so to speak) for two weeks!

I love 'seeing' the ZL1 thru Joe's eyes..........

This truly is a time for all Camaro enthusiasts to celebrate!
Thank you, Scott. You and your enthusiasm for the brand is an inspiration for me. This car struck a chord inside me that I didn't know I had. It's...hard to explain. It sounds awful mushy...but I feel like I have this bright moment in my life that I can look to no matter what I might be upset or frustrated with...and I can't help but smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Dude. Really thank you so much for the wonderful write up. Up until now I have been holding back my emotions on this car. As I didn't want to be overly excited and drive my wife nuts again.(She about hit my reset button a few times when we were waiting for the SS)
Your insite of the vehicle is so much more in depth compaired to the other writers and journalists. Maybe it's because you eat, sleep and live Camaros, either way you did a great job.
I love all the pictures, but the IOM holds a very special place in my heart as it is the colors of the U.S. Army Signal Corps. If you're asking, Yes the Signal Corpse flags will be going on this car just like I have them on the SS.
Thanks again Dragoneye and GM, I can't wait to get my ZL-1!!!!!!

HOOAH!!!
Thank you SO much! It means a lot to me to hear you say that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneducated Guess View Post
Phenomenal write up. Thanks for sharing this with us and allowing us to live vicariously through your experience.
Thank YOU!! I sincerely wished you could all be there with me while we lucky few were having the times of our lives...I tried to write in such a way that could get you close.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #45
bpmurr
The Enemy ;)

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Send a message via AIM to bpmurr
Very nice write up! Glad you had a lot of fun with the car!
2015 GT PP
2014 GT500 SVTPP/Track Pack
2013 Boss 302
2011 GT500 SVTPP
2010 GT500
2005 GT
bpmurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #46
thebatdude

Drives: 70 Chevelle big block
Great write up! You represented our camaro5 family very well. Every tidbit I read gets me more anxious and excited to place my order. If all goes well, I hope to place an order for an early 2013!

To everyone at GM, Thanks for a car of a lifetime!

Now to go make more room in the garage.....
thebatdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #47
kannon

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/M6
Man this thread will sell ZL1's. I bought my 2SS in October and have been thrilled with it. I like reading the ZL1 section but until I read your posts, I never really wanted one. I figured if I was ever going to spend $60k on a car, I'd get a Vette or something. Now I can feel a little itch inside me. I have a feeling that itch will only get stronger as time goes by

kannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #48
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Awesome write up!

Thanks
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #49
SIM Curly

Drives: Silver 1LT 2011 camaro
Is it me or does this ZL1 look like the bezels around the exhaust are chrome. Great write up btw.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:19 PM   #50
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Great writeup !

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:26 PM   #51
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM Curly View Post
Is it me or does this ZL1 look like the bezels around the exhaust are chrome. Great write up btw.
It's not just you. The orange car I photographed on the hill has the same unfinished heat shields. The cars that were driven on the track were "non-saleables"...meaning there were a few tiny things about them that weren't production spec. I wasn't given a list - but I imagine they were all cosmetic, or fitment issues that don't concern how the car behaves on the track. The bare-metal (not chrome) heat shields are an example of this.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:56 PM   #52
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
Man, that’s the best write up yet! It made me feel as if I were right there with you.
You addressed every single little detail that I could possibly think of asking... Thank you so much for sharing! Much appreciated!

However I have a few “easy” questions for you:
- did they have any news in regards to the QC hold or how close to the finish line they are with their CTF cars?
- How did you feel about the Malibu ride back to the airport after driving ZL1s for a couple days?
- Is the ZL1 in the pic below Ashen Grey or black? It looks almost black but I guess it could be because of the overcast… i have an ashen waiting to be shipped. (#165)

MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #53
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wow.

Joe, great job.

I'll bet you are pretty good at writing things but something tells me that article (write-up fine but it's better than most articles) was so good for a reason. Truly fun reading. So well written it had me and my car feeling rather insignificant. I'm looking out at the driveway thinking, "Damn, I want a ZL1". hahaha

Remember that line in Top Gun where Meg Ryans character said "He loved flying with you Mav. He'd have done it anyway though. He'd have hated it, but he'd have done it"???

So tell me, could you do an equally good write-up for a Cobalt?

You seeing the Silver and Black was awesome. Totally jazzed for you. What a great opportunity.

Oh, and this has me thinking tranny swap.

Quote:
The automatic shines on the road just as brightly as the rest of the car does, too! It’s smooth and smart – always seeming to pick the right gear…and it’s equipped with a new feature called Performance Algorithm Lift Foot. This is an odd name for a handy ability: Say you’re cruising behind an 18-wheeler, and you’d like to pass but there’s traffic in the way. In anticipation of the traffic, you can punch the pedal and let off quickly – this will trigger programming within the transmission to downshift into a gear with near peak torque. It will hold this gear, waiting for you to gas it again and pass the truck after traffic lets up.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #54
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
great post!
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:06 AM   #55
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Wow man that is an incredible write up. Love the way you wrote it. Made me feel like I was there. I'm glad you had a blast and thank you soo much for the write up
I have to agree, I own IOM but that SIM with Black wheels is just perfect, gorgous
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 AM   #56
dshep214

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ssRS Ls3
great write up! makes me think of trading my 500 hp ss for one of those beasts!