Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-31-2018, 12:42 AM   #1
redcarsonly

Drives: Camaro as
This Video Will Make You HATE Ford

Iím pretty sure everyone on this forum already does, but I thought Iíd share this short documentary on Fordís unethical business practices with the follow Muscle Car community. I spent a lot of time on it and dug up a lot of dirt on our arch enemy. Let me know what you guys think!

https://youtu.be/mIF7iGc3CzM

Regards,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
redcarsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 07:34 AM   #2
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That title should read "This will make you hate large Corporations. "

Many have had malfunctions or poorly designed vehicles that contributed to deaths which were either covered up or costed weighed and nothing done until the public got outraged. Some never got repair, but rather just designed out with new models. This happens in more things than just cars too. The bean counters look at every as a dollar bill. Including human life as long as It's not their's.

Can you say Corvair? Look at chevy truck fuel tank fires on side impact, or brakes that won't stop the vehilce or the ignition switch issue. They weighed the cost vs death rate in each case. 124 deaths out of 2.6 million cars in the case of the switches doesnt seem to bad to a bean counter. Why change anything? Public pressure because news gets around fast is the only reason they did anything. If that happened in the 70's when the Pinto was built nothing would have been done.
Hell we got companies lying about fuel economy and emissions and who knows what else.

Picking on Ford over a car built in the 70's just looks awfully trollish to me when you could make a case on just about every car company out there for caring about the dollar over peoples lives and/or pocketbook especially when this is your first post.

Last edited by motorhead; 01-31-2018 at 10:59 AM.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 08:20 AM   #3
imaSSnake
'Maro

Drives: 2015 SS 6.2L Auto 2SS
X2, I'm not even going to watch the video
Of course some Plastidip
imaSSnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
2010 SS 2SS M6-Spectre CAI-JET TBS-JBA Shorty Headers-ARH H/F Cats-Doug Thorley axle back-MSD 12v coil harness mod-PAC 1218's-BTR 3/8 7.4 push rods-Powell Machine bronze rocker bushings-Prothane motor mounts-Prothane rear sub-frame inserts-BMR Trailing Arms & bushings-1LE 3.91's-1LE axles-Ford S-spring posi-mod-Tune by RDP dynoSteve!(Woot)-LS9 block-Daily Driver-118K!-12.7 at 112-1.9 60'(3.45's)-BFG Comp-2 Street Tire-stock size on ZL1 reps(20x8.5)(20x9.5)-DR's Nitto NT05R(305/45) on Motegi MT120 18x9.5-12.3 at 110-1.7 60'(3.91's) All work by me...
frankwjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
redcarsonly

Drives: Camaro as
This Video Will Make You HATE Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
That title should read "This will make you hate large Corporations. "

Many have had malfunctions or poorly designed vehicles that contributed to deaths which were either covered up or costed weighed and nothing done until the public got outraged. Some never got repair, but rather just designed out with new models. This happens in more things than just cars too. The bean counters look at every as a dollar bill. Including human life as long as It's not their's.

Can you say Corvair? Look at chevy truck fuel tank fires on side impact, or brakes that won't stop the vehilce or the ignition switch issue. They weighed the cost vs death rate in each case. 124 deaths out of 2.6 million cars in the case of the switches doesnt seem to bad to a bean counter. Why change anything? Public pressure because news gets around fast is the only reason they did anything. If that happened in the 70's when the Pinto was built nothing would have been done.
Hell we got companies lying about fuel economy and emissions and who knows what else.

Picking on Ford over a car built in the 70's just looks awfully trollish to me when you could make a case on just about every car company out there for caring about the dollar over peoples lives and/or pocketbook especially when this is your first post.

Very true, all car manufacturers participate in the same business practices. For us car enthusiasts its an interesting case study nonetheless and consequences were minimal to none just as Ford predicted.

If it were any other defect I would totally agree with Fordís actions, but a defect that results in death by fire ball should be the exception. Of course this occurred 50 years ago and after the Pinto another scandal of this magnitude didnít happen again (that we know of at least).

I agree, at the end of the day weíre all capitalists. Fun fact: Lee Iacocca, the man that spearheaded the Pinto, was fired by Ford II and went on to become the CEO of Chrysler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by redcarsonly; 01-31-2018 at 10:07 PM.
redcarsonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 02:21 AM   #6
leedan08

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Aren't most of the largest company nowadays succumb to corporate greed?
leedan08 is offline   Reply With Quote