Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #15
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Your dad's got at least 14 orders placed for a car that officially debuted 6 days ago, and he claims there's "not a whole lot of buying"?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 03:09 PM   #16
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
I dont know how long those orders have been there either. But he says there is a lot of interest and lot of people holding off.
nards444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:11 PM   #17
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
The hype is there because of Transformers without a shadow of a doubt.
Riiiiight...because without the Transformers movie there is no Camaro!
Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Riiiiight...because without the Transformers movie there is no Camaro!
He said the HYPE is there because of Transformers, not that the CAMARO is there because of Transformers. I've already had this conversation with people several times:

"I'm getting a Camaro."
"A what?"
"You know that orange/yellow sports car from Transformers?"
"Oooooh, cool!"
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #19
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
IMO the masses still don't know about it yet. I think there will be a larger buzz around the country by the end of the summer.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:29 PM   #20
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
He said the HYPE is there because of Transformers, not that the CAMARO is there because of Transformers. I've already had this conversation with people several times:

"I'm getting a Camaro."
"A what?"
"You know that orange/yellow sports car from Transformers?"
"Oooooh, cool!"
I think this above conversation is a truth that needs to be expounded on. When Camaro died only true enthusiasts held onto it , knew it and hoped for it. Now every time I speak to people about it the general public seems not to care. It perplexes me. Even though i decided to go a different route I still am excited about having all three Musclecars back in action. Shit people still confuse the charger and challenger, the only one that stayed in the conciseness is the Mustang. I do hope that after all the enthusiast dust settles the GP will care enough to buy em.
Old 05-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #21
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
I'll tell you one thing, there is no age limit up or down to the people who just love this car. I've got people by the masses chasing me down or mobbing me in the parking lot. I've only has this thing for a day and the response is crazy, especially from the 60's and up crowd. Also everybody knew it was a new Camaro at first sight.
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Hype is there from my point of view. Driving it daily is like having a huge "sticker" or something on my back because people follow you wherever you go! I've been followed to work twice and home once (kind of weird really).

I drive anywhere...even Lowes and I have to stand beside the car to talk to people. People take pictures of the car...even pictures of themself standing beside the car! Went to a local meet a few days ago (muscle cars for the most part) and had a throng of 40 people around the car as soon as I turned the key off...then proceeded to answer questions for the next 3 hours!

I've emptied a dining room full of people while going through the drive thru at McDonalds...pulled 10 or so folks out of Starbucks...yes Starbucks!

I get thumbs up everywhere I drive or people rolling down their windows to tell me "awesome car" or "hell yes!" or other saying/phrase. Wrecks nearly happen daily around me as people try to see the car!

Can't even get gas without someone talking to me.

Hype...yeah there is plenty of hype about the car...just drive one and you'll see!

Buying...don't know to be honest. I'm not certain those 14K orders are sold orders or dealers ordering cars? Hard to say I guess...plus the economy is in the crapper so not sure how many will be sold this MY or even next MY.

I have a feeling this will be a 2 or 3 year model run and then she'll be gone. Hope I'm wrong but with so much on the state of GM and the current economic climate...just don't see a car like Camaro making it for the needed 3 or 4 years to make a nice long production run...again, hope I'm wrong.

My thoughts only...
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #23
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Your. Missing the point. This is not a car for the masses. So, no the masses are not buying.
This car better damn well be for the masses if it is going to stick around. The reason the masses have not bought yet is because there is not yet one for all of them. Just give it time, you will see them everywhere, just like Mustangs. The people who are getting them now are enjoying all the attention and hoopla. By this time next year, the hootin and hollarin will all be gone and no one will gettin followed home... at least because of their car anyway.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:55 PM   #24
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Hey I Am Legend, I also emptied the local pizza joint out on my first night. Like I said the response is crazy. I'm waiting to see if the weather clears so I can go cruise a little tonight. I've only got 74 miles on it so far.
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #25
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
I wish there was a shaking head smiley it would be much better for this one. But this will work I guess.

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #26
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaymoreZ28 View Post
- and on that basis they should prioritize build of all the IOM and Yellow ones since they will be most visible
now THAT is funny!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
I think this above conversation is a truth that needs to be expounded on.
Not really ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
I wish there was a shaking head smiley it would be much better for this one. But this will work I guess.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #27
NYG71
VIN#9800413

Drives: GBA '15 ZL1 & GBA '13 Tahoe LTZ
Cool

Is the prominent dealer in Grand Rapids you talk of is Berger Chevrolet? If it is, then WHADDUUUPPPPP!!

I so happen to be getting one from there as well. Dick Jacques is my salesmen I'm dealing with and he is on point. They just had an unveiling last week. Check out the Pics.

I believe I was number 12 and you can see the progress my order has made as per my signature. And yes I live in VA but this will be my second car from the state of Meeeechigan. My wife is from Traverse City, MI if you were wondering.

Anyways, as far as your question goes...like anything else... the hype, buzz, or mojo, will wear off overtime but one thing is for sure everyone will remember this summer as "The Return".
Old 05-12-2009, 06:55 PM   #28
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
I agree with you but your missing my point. Its not like the ferrari where 1 in a million people own them, theres a lot of camaros out there. I just want to know what people are seeing in there areas.
I have seen 3 in Orange County NY. All at dealers and I got to take one out on a test drive.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote