Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > New Member Introductions

Old 12-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
silentpinoy

Drives: Hyundai VT

Hello Camaro owners. Long story very short. Believe it or not, I've been saving and saving AND saving since I was 19, I'm currently 35. Now, I did own a '96 Impala SS (Brand New) back in the day, but went import after selling the SS in 2005. The Impala was a birthday gift for me and didn't have to pay a dime, as it was paid off per my father. Anyway I digress, 16 years later and having a mother telling me that it was a waste to buy any car over $25, I've decided to wait another 3 years (2016) to purchase a brand new vehicle.

I'm a new guy when it comes to Camaros. I've seen them in the 80 and 90's and well, I wasn't too fond of them. When the next gen. Camaro was released I still wasn't that thrilled. My eyes were set on the GT-R, and then came the ZL1. Dammit, why God, why? LOL!

I don't know what it was about the ZL1, but it grew on me. And just the sound alone was a convincing. I hope by then, I make up my mind. Let's just say by 2016 I can either put a huge down payment or purchase it in full with money left over for ADV.1 wheels. I hope that 17 years of saving is worth it at the end. What say you ZL1 owners, what would be your desire if you had the money to purchase either vehicle?
silentpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Vengeance Graphix

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport
welcome
Old 12-25-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
mr_honez
Wifey Lover

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red 2LT/RS
ZL1 or 2016, hard choice. But 2016 is a fair ways away and then we'll know what it looks like and you'll be able to make a better decision.

Welcome to the site Silentpinoy, great bunch of folks here and lots of info for whatever you need.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
All we have is now so why not get the ZL1 now? How about if 2016 never comes? Just saying.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
welcome
Old 12-25-2012, 08:50 PM   #6
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
silentpinoy, Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
iCamaro

Drives: 2012 LT RS Camaro
Welcome!
Old 12-25-2012, 10:01 PM   #8
silentpinoy

Wow, thank you all for welcoming me. As for not getting the ZL1 now, to be honest I don't know. As I said, I'm at a toss up between the ZL1 and the GT-R.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #9
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
welcome to Camaro5
Old 12-25-2012, 10:04 PM   #10
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Welcome. I don't believe you could go wrong with either and heck why not have both. Give the used zl1 market a few months and pick one up avoiding the instant depreciation of a new car. When the gen 6 model comes out make a decision on the switch based off performance and features without an immediate loss of investment if you choose to do so; if a loss occurs doing so will be nominal

Have that cake, eat that cake and throw that sh1t on anyone who says otherwise.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpinoy View Post
Hello Camaro owners. Long story very short. Believe it or not, I've been saving and saving AND saving since I was 19, I'm currently 35. Now, I did own a '96 Impala SS (Brand New) back in the day, but went import after selling the SS in 2005. The Impala was a birthday gift for me and didn't have to pay a dime, as it was paid off per my father. Anyway I digress, 16 years later and having a mother telling me that it was a waste to buy any car over $25, I've decided to wait another 3 years (2016) to purchase a brand new vehicle.

I'm a new guy when it comes to Camaros. I've seen them in the 80 and 90's and well, I wasn't too fond of them. When the next gen. Camaro was released I still wasn't that thrilled. My eyes were set on the GT-R, and then came the ZL1. Dammit, why God, why? LOL!

I don't know what it was about the ZL1, but it grew on me. And just the sound alone was a convincing. I hope by then, I make up my mind. Let's just say by 2016 I can either put a huge down payment or purchase it in full with money left over for ADV.1 wheels. I hope that 17 years of saving is worth it at the end. What say you ZL1 owners, what would be your desire if you had the money to purchase either vehicle?
Welcome to the Camaro5! If you would like help trying to locate the Camaro of your dreams, I can try to locate one per the specifications you desire as long as they are available.

Please let me know!

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #12
silentpinoy

Brandon and all, man, I don't think I've ever received this much support and help on any other forum. In reality, I'm not set to purchase a beast like the ZL1 or GT-R as of yet. My wife and I just married Dec. 1st, and although I would LOOOVE to own either one, those aren't really a priority now. HOWEVER, when 2016 comes, that's another story. If I was in the market for a ZL1 I would just want a black one with NOOO sun/moon (whatever you call it) room. That time will come. Thanks again all. Oh, and as for owning both, yeah right. I don't have that type of money. LOL!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
GaBoy25

Drives: 2010 SS/RS M6/2500HD Lmm LTZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentpinoy View Post
Brandon and all, man, I don't think I've ever received this much support and help on any other forum. In reality, I'm not set to purchase a beast like the ZL1 or GT-R as of yet. My wife and I just married Dec. 1st, and although I would LOOOVE to own either one, those aren't really a priority now. HOWEVER, when 2016 comes, that's another story. If I was in the market for a ZL1 I would just want a black one with NOOO sun/moon (whatever you call it) room. That time will come. Thanks again all. Oh, and as for owning both, yeah right. I don't have that type of money. LOL!
I think you misread me lol.

2500HD (with a couple parts)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
I wonder if this could be why my car idles like its retarded...
GaBoy25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #14
silentpinoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
I think you misread me lol.
I probably did! Need to get some new glasses I suppose. Out of curiosity, are you (or have you already) getting new wheels for your Camaro?