Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
kfm237

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Corsa Sport 14951

In person, I haven't heard a Camaro SS with just the Corsa Sport catback exhaust (no headers or hi-flow cats). I have heard the Borla Atak and Stainless Works Retro-Chambered. I have driven a 2010 Challenger SRT8 with just a Corsa Sport catback and liked it.

Most of the posts that I've read, state that a Camaro with just the Corsa catback is fairly quiet when just cruising. My question is how loud does it get in the upper RPM range? My guess is it's not going to be as loud on the inside compared to the Atak or Retro-Chambered, but how loud will it be on the outside in the upper RPM range compared to them?
kfm237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
ShizzyIzzy
Novice Wrencher

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Summit White
I have Corsa on my LS3 and I can tell you its a beast when you want it to be, and stays low when cruising. That was before headers. Its more of an old school exhaust tone in the upper RPM range that sounds more metallic and not as deep as Borla or SW.

Now that I have headers along with my Corsa, its unreal how loud it is. I really feel bad starting up in the morning, I know my neighbors hate me. But its totally worth it!

I will tell you that compared to other exhaust systems it has ZERO drone.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
kfm237

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShizzyIzzy View Post
I have Corsa on my LS3 and I can tell you its a beast when you want it to be, and stays low when cruising. That was before headers. Its more of an old school exhaust tone in the upper RPM range that sounds more metallic and not as deep as Borla or SW.

Now that I have headers along with my Corsa, its unreal how loud it is. I really feel bad starting up in the morning, I know my neighbors hate me. But its totally worth it!

I will tell you that compared to other exhaust systems it has ZERO drone.
Thanks... I basically wanted to know if it was as loud on the outside as those others in the upper RPM range... that is stock with just the catback...
kfm237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #4
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfm237 View Post
Thanks... I basically wanted to know if it was as loud on the outside as those others in the upper RPM range... that is stock with just the catback...
When you get on the throttle the Corsa is probably the loudest Cat-Back out there rite now.

With headers or high flows or cat delete pipes it is feaken crazy loud..
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #5
geaux_tigerss

Drives: 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4
I haven't heard it without headers, but inside the car it is fairly tame at all rpms (even WOT is not real loud). I don't even notice the exhaust at cruising speeds. Outside the car is ear bleeding loud at high rpms and/or high throttle position.

My buddy and I were "playing" once (he has a lightly modded mazda 3). He said that even with his windows up, he couldn't hear his motor over my exhaust.

When I installed the Corsa, I looked down inside the muffler. It is essentially straight pipe with some sort of large port in the side (j-pipe internal to the muffler maybe?). There is zero baffling between the inlet and outlet of the muffler and the rest of the exhaust (manual version anyway) is straight pipe.
geaux_tigerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #6
MTI Racing Kevin

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Corsa

Corsa does an excellent job of designing cat back or axle back systems that will be fairly quiet when just cruising around, but when you nail it they will get very aggressive. And no drone is a plus.
MTI Racing Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote